• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M

Nick N
I wonder which Street Fighter IV returning character will have focus attack as a V Skill. I reckon C Viper. As Juri will likely have her Teleport counter as a V Skill.
If Cammy is anything to go off of, Juri's counter will be her V-Reversal. Focus as V-Skill, Feng Shui Engine as V-Trigger.

Bank it.

Akuma would be more deep purple than red.

Not saying it's him but Akuma's 'aura' has always been red.
latest
street-fighter-4-characters-moves-list-ps3-akuma.jpg

It's going to be very disappointing if half of the cast is going to be returning from SF4. I guess those colored sections on the character select couldn't really mean much else. I just don't want Zangief in this game because there is no way to make him interesting. If he's in, he's going to be pretty much the same as his SF4 incarnation, much like Cammy. What's his v-skill? The lariat. What's his v-trigger? Probably something boring like increased hit armor.

Mista Koo

Make Gief and Haggar Season 2 character for SF5.
Even better introduce rivals together. Mika and Zangief, Karin and Sakura, Alex and Hugo, Haggar and Poison/Cody etc.

Although we don't need Zangief at all, he can be easily replaced by Haggar or a new character.

Mik317

It's going to be very disappointing if half of the cast is going to be returning from SF4. I guess those colored sections on the character select couldn't really mean much else. I just don't want Zangief in this game because there is no way to make him interesting. If he's in, he's going to be pretty much the same as his SF4 incarnation, much like Cammy. What's his v-skill? The lariat. What's his v-trigger? Probably something boring like increased hit armor.

This is why I'd prefer Haggar...his V Trigger would be the Pipe

Tizoc

Even better introduce rivals together. Mika and Zangief, Karin and Sakura, Alex and Hugo, Haggar and Poison/Cody etc.

Although we don't need Zangief at all, he can be easily replaced by Haggar or a new character.

But Haggar vs. Gief is the fight Capcom have yet to show us ToT

Shufel

Don't those colored sections pretty much kill the siliconera "leak"? Unless for whatever reason the Alpha characters all have their own section at the bottom right and Alex and Urien are placed to the right of Ken, but that still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Don't those colored sections pretty much kill the siliconera "leak"? Unless for whatever reason the Alpha characters all have their own section at the bottom right and Alex and Urien are placed to the right of Ken, but that still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
For the starting roster, yes, though the siliconera leaks just said we were getting the characters, it admittedly didn't state when so they could easily be DLC in the coming months :/

kirblar

Been dead since it said "R.Mika"

Tizoc

I want Haggar in SF so bad.

It's a forgone conclusion; we got Cody and Guy, then in CvSNK2 we got Maki.
Haggar is all that's left. His MvC3 moveset shows how different he can be from Gief.

Haggar's super in SF5 should just be a spinning pile driver just like his super in Muscle Bomber.

vg260

Haggar is all that's left. His MvC3 moveset shows how different he can be from Gief.

Haggar's super in SF5 should just be a spinning pile driver just like his super in Muscle Bomber.

I'm not that confident, but yeah. It's about time.

I usually don't discount R. Mika lists, since she's one of Ono's favorite characters. Unless he's been trolling this whole time.
Well, they clearly know there's demand for her considering the Decapre reveal had her pop up as a tease before laying down the anti-hype :p

Well technically because MvC3 got Haggar I think he might be off the list for now, maybe dlc. But it would be nice to not have Zangief for once.

Ryce

I still feel like there’s some truth to the Siliconera leak and the other leak with similar characters. Zangief, Dhalsim, Juri, Alex, and Urien could be the remaining on-disc characters, with R. Mika and Karin planned as the first DLC offerings.

I still feel like there’s some truth to the Siliconera leak and the other leak with similar characters. Zangief, Dhalsim, Juri, Alex, and Urien could be the remaining on-disc characters, with R. Mika and Karin planned as the first DLC offerings.

Same, though that list is super male heavy without the 2 DLC characters. It'll probably go that way though because I always tend to get screwed over character-wise when it comes to these things :p

I don't think the previous leak has any validity anymore... But Siliconera leak probably does.. TBH the Alex, Urien, Karin,and R. Mika guess is what a lot of people expect. Well Alex and Urien people expect more, but R. Mika and Karin are the most requested characters to return..
Dude, Marvel was like 7 years ago. :p

Alex should get priority, but Haggar next.
Yah I know lol, but I'm just thinking how Capcom might rationalize not bringing him to SF5. "He took a spot that ~50 SF characters could have taken in MvC3, so he had his chance for a while."

I missed everything from SF yesterday, who the heck is the guy in the bottom right of the roster pic? I searched and couldn't find anything at all, which is weird.

Dremark

Banned
I don't know what you're trying to point out I played all iterations of SF3, so referring to the version most people know doesn't seem like an outrageous thing?

Everyone always seems to refer to the SF3 series as a whole as Third Strike, as if the two previous games don't exist. For example:

We don't talk about those

SF3 only has one version
unless you give a shit about Sean

Everyone always seems to refer to the SF3 series as a whole as Third Strike, as if the two previous games don't exist. For example:
I don't think there was as much love to those previous versions, and once Third Strike came out they kind of ceased to exist. SF3 2nd impact is only on Dreamcast I believe, while PS2 collection only has 3rd strike, but you have an Alpha anthology with all versions of SFA. As opposed to SFA2 -> SFA3 where you still have people divided on what version they like (I like the latter because of SFA3 Guy).

Village

Sorry but Mika doesn't look like a plasticine model made by a 5 year old. Dislike her design all you want but at least the art for her indicates the people behind her at least knew how to draw :p
That isnt false

Rare character designs are pretty bad. But the gameplay had its appeal if yooka layle is any indication. Maybe someone should kick start mika

>< Sakura??

Any news on her at all? :(
Nope. No news. There's the dealio about a shadow sakura statue being made but that's no real confirmation of her status in SFV :p

4 hours left... I'm getting hype which is odd because the chances of them announcing something that actually appeals to me personally is super low XD Guess I'm just a novelty addict :p

Rare character designs are pretty bad. But the gameplay had its appeal if yooka layle is any indication. Maybe someone should kick start mika
Heh, rare knows how to make games (or at least used to... looks like the talent left to go indie with playtronics and stuff :3) but I've always been turned off by their character designs. Hopefully Mika is in and has been touched up to be all around cooler with slightly better moves and a design that's still over the top and cute but perhaps a little less embarassing to have on your tv :3

Nope. No news. There's the dealio about a shadow sakura statue being made but that's no real confirmation of her status in SFV :p

4 hours left... I'm getting hype which is odd because the chances of them announcing something that actually appeals to me personally is super low XD Guess I'm just a novelty addict :p

Heh, rare knows how to make games (or at least used to... looks like the talent left to go indie with playtronics and stuff :3) but I've always been turned off by their character designs. Hopefully Mika is in and has been touched up to be all around cooler with slightly better moves and a design that's still over the top and cute but perhaps a little less embarassing to have on your tv :3
Well maybe they will make Mika more tasteful in SF5... looks at SF5 Cammy.. nevermind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom