• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Woah woah. Don't mess with the pigtails.

Let's not get crazy now...

Her pigtails are just part of her stage outfit, they must die if she's going casual. Of course she can have her original outfit as an alternate.

This game's too flamboyant, let's put a boring character in there.

You can't drop the twintails. Also I'm not against updating her design but if you do what you're suggesting you're pretty much gutting her entire character. She's supposed to be over the top and humorous, that would be like if they brought back Dan but made him into an edgy character.

The characters are more than just what they wear. Sakura is more than just "schoolgirl!" Mika is more than just "Wrestler!" ect, diversify them in a way where they are actually fighting in the street just by chance, especially years down the line after they have 'found themselves' so to speak, the teenage ones in particular, their 'thing' to stand out doesn't need to be so specific.

In her 20s, canonically Sakura doesn't freak out about being a teenager, finding Ryu or being a schoolgirl, she's a teacher who has a job and responsibilities in her hometown, but still loves to fight.

Likewise, Mika was introduced as a hot blooded wrestler type who overacts and cries because she is rising in the ranks, but that's obviously not how she acts when she's just walking around town out of the ring being a normal person, especially supposedly after years of that, she's done being a newbie, done being trained by her sensei and needing sponsors such as Karin to get anywhere close to her dream. All that is over with, so her character should reflect that

Mington

Vanilla street fighter 2,3 and 4 didn't have the end boss selectable from the get go. Could it be that the end boss of street fighter 5 won't be consider one of the 4 new characters but instead be an additional 17th character.

It would also make sense to have the boss as the first unlockable character in the fight money store, get people used to the new system. Something to work towards unlocking on day 1 (along with Akuma?). Can't introduce this new store system and have the store completely barren at launch

Vanilla street fighter 2,3 and 4 didn't have the end boss selectable from the get go. Could it be that the end boss of street fighter 5 won't be consider one of the 4 new characters but instead be an additional 17th character.

It would also make sense to have the boss as the first unlockable character in the fight money store, get people used to the new system. Something to work towards unlocking on day 1 (along with Akuma?). Can't introduce this new store system and have the store completely barren at launch
Yeah, I mentioned earlier that they said we'd have a CORE roster of 16 which, depending on how you take it, could mean there's actually more on the disk that you have to unlock: As you mention it makes sense because these locked characters would act as an introduction for players to the whole unlocking mechanic :eek:
Thing is, we could have more than just 1 unlockable on the disc and that's not even including a potential day-1 dlc to test the system.

Village

Humor me here

What if its like mk where thete are fightable characters in an arcade mode you cant play yet? Like a broken unrefined akuma or the final bosss?

Edit:someone on the same page already

Humor me here

What if its like mk where thete are fightable characters in an arcade mode you cant play yet? Like a broken unrefined akuma or the final bosss?
Boss Seth is different then playable Seth, and secret boss Akuma and Gouken are both different than their playable versions (only slight differences though)... So maybe?

Westlo

Yeah a boss unlock would make sense, lots of fighting games have boss unlock after a bit in arcades so it would mirror that... SFV boss + Akuma (hidden boss) for unlock one month after release?

t1437355800z1.png

THREE HOURS LEFT (give or take 30 mintes) :D

denshuu

Humor me here

That's what pretty much every other Street Fighter was. Seth and Gouken weren't playable in the first arcade version of SF4, Gill wasn't playable in the New Generation, Bison/Vega/Balrog/Sagat weren't playable in World Warrior, etc.

KTO

Humor me here

I think it's possible, but I think those characters are like that as a result of development issues moreso than something they intended.

Dr. Buni

Judging by that picture, I think the character might be Rose (if not a newcomer). The yellow thing could be her scarf and pink is practically her signature color.

Keeping the claw attacks from earlier I'm still inclined to think new character, plus someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Ken Bogard had strongly hinted that Ono was teasing 'Laura' :eek:

histopher

Judging by that picture, I think the character might be Rose (if not a newcomer). The yellow thing could be her scarf and pink is practically her signature color.

I would love to see Rose in at some point. She would actually look like Rose in this game. Her SF4 model was awful.

It's Omega Shin E.Hondanblankuma.

Seriously though, it's most likely the new guy with dreads at the end of Ken's trailer. Slash attacks, red aura = probs a baddie. We're gonna see really soon now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom