• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

Chindogg

zlatko said:
Again, no one here has a crystal ball to see what the full list of gems are. If there is some mega broken shit, then I'll gladly take a dump on this game, but until that passes I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. People crapped on the focus attack system before SF4 came out, but I liked it, and I still do.

I just want this quoted so we can all laugh at this in about 6 months.

zlatko

Banned
Chindogg said:
I just want this quoted so we can all laugh at this in about 6 months.

Can we quote you for being such a WONDERFUL contributor to conversation? Like in the quote you just mentioned I have NO problem taking a dump on this game if there are some truly idiotic gem choices down the line. You however seem to have an issue EVER accepting the gem system no matter how well balanced it may turn out.

CPS2

Chindogg said:
While we're at it lets just add a feature to the game where you pay $10 to be able to instantly win by pressing jab once. Don't have the time to practice and actually be good at the game? Just buy gems to make yourself instantly top tier. Basically defeats the purpose of a fighting game.

... did you quote me by accident? What you said kinda has nothing to do with what I said at all...

CPS2

zlatko said:
just force players to use 5 crappy ones that don't effect the game at all, and go from there

I think the fastest way to use gems would be to force players to stick to the same set of gems for the entire tournament. The organisers of EVO would've thought of that already, they're coming from a perspective of how long it would take to scroll through the screens (with several hundred gems), choose 5 without having to think about it, do your usual button mapping etc and get through the match.

I still don't think balance has anything to do with it, if balance were an issue why wouldn't they just patch it later? Also it's probably best not to shit on EVO organisers until you see more info about gems. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have early access. TO's in Australia had early access at a recent tournament and I think they're somehow a bit lower on the food chain.

zlatko

Banned
CPS2 said:
I think the fastest way to use gems would be to force players to stick to the same set of gems for the entire tournament. The organisers of EVO would've thought of that already, they're coming from a perspective of how long it would take to scroll through the screens (with several hundred gems), choose 5 without having to think about it, do your usual button mapping etc and get through the match.

I still don't think balance has anything to do with it, if balance were an issue why wouldn't they just patch it later? Also it's probably best not to shit on EVO organisers until you see more info about gems. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have early access. TO's in Australia had early access at a recent tournament and I think they're somehow a bit lower on the food chain.

I'm shitting on EVO organizers, because one of them or the lead one tweeted the same day they were announced they would be banned at EVO. Literally gave them NO chance.

This was before it was unveiled they are mandatory so it'll be interesting to see how they approach them now or if the game will even be one of the big 5 games at EVO 2012.

CPS2

What I'm saying is they probably would've known ahead of time. I'd assume they knew about SFxTK, MvC3, SF4 etc etc well before they were announced as well.

Chindogg

zlatko said:
I'm shitting on EVO organizers, because one of them or the lead one tweeted the same day they were announced they would be banned at EVO. Literally gave them NO chance.

This was before it was unveiled they are mandatory so it'll be interesting to see how they approach them now or if the game will even be one of the big 5 games at EVO 2012.

Because the lead one knows what gems are coming. But you never considered that, did you?

CPS2 said:
I still don't think balance has anything to do with it, if balance were an issue why wouldn't they just patch it later?

Because they're not interested in balance, they're interested in selling DLC.

zlatko

Banned
Chindogg said:
Because the lead one knows what gems are coming. But you never considered that, did you?

Why would I consider him being given a full list of gems for a game that won't be out till March of next year? Where did it say he got to see the full list ? Plus, a lot can change in a games development cycle from now till March on how gems will be balanced out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tizoc said:
So wait you can only equip 3 gems, out of a total of (atm) 45?
I think you can equip 5.

Chindogg

zlatko said:
Why would I consider him being given a full list of gems for a game that won't be out till March of next year? Where did it say he got to see the full list ? Plus, a lot can change in a games development cycle from now till March on how gems will be balanced out.

Yes a guy under NDA is going to publicly tell everyone he has a list. Yeah that makes sense. I don't know why you think they give a shit about balance involving gems. Look at their picture. They specifically say skill disparity is a problem. What better way to overcome skill gaps than to make an absurdly broken system that trades power for money in microtransactions?

CPS2

zlatko said:
Why would I consider him being given a full list of gems for a game that won't be out till March of next year?
Hm... any time an NDA ends, you see people giving their impressions, and it's not just game reviewers and news people, a lot of tournament players etc go to events and try out builds that haven't been revealed publicly. You really just HAVE to assume that EVO organisers (I mean... S-Kill is an SRK/EVO founder/organiser...) would be among those people...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Watch SFxT not even be included at Evo.

I know many people have been into the game, but it's time to move on.

V_Arnold

Hitokage said:

I know many people have been into the game, but it's time to move on.

It will be included, I think. Looks too much fun to miss it out on.

zlatko

Banned
Chindogg said:
Yes a guy under NDA is going to publicly tell everyone he has a list. Yeah that makes sense. I don't know why you think they give a shit about balance involving gems. Look at their picture. They specifically say skill disparity is a problem. What better way to overcome skill gaps than to make an absurdly broken system that trades power for money in microtransactions?

What better way to overcome skill gaps than a mode like X-Factor.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than a character like Dark Phoenix.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than picking Yun in AE.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than V-13 or whatever in the original Blazblue.

I can keep going. They have allowed some stupid shit at majors.

It's pretty simple to just say, "no use of DLC/pre order gems," and then allow all the ones that are on disc.

Give me you crystal ball seriously. I want to see the future you have seen oh great wizard Chindogg to know exactly which gems are so broken. That way I can get to the same page as you and begin to criticise the game for things it actually has done and not for things it MIGHT do or COULD do.

I'm going to wait and see, and once again, for the third time now, why is it SO bad that the game is just a grown up version of Super Smash? It'd be great to have a nice fuck around game like Smash to enjoy with friends who come over, and leave my hardcore TE stick 1 frame linking games for when I'm in the mood for serious competitive play. Still not saying this game can't be that, but why would it be so bad if it wasn't that ?

Ono has said from day one this game is about party and fun. If it never has an evo birth or a big tournament scene it wouldn't surprise me at all. Kinda makes sense why he would patch up AE and leave it perfect for competition then release this game focused on fun stuff and experimentation while trying to find a way to grab a larger audience by adding things like gems that would never fly in a traditional game.

Then unleash SFV.

CPS2

We can come back to this after the game is out, but one thing I seriously doubt (again, lol) is that it has anything to do with balance. I mean there's just too much track record of people not understanding what's good and what isn't, especially in a work in progress game, especially with limited access. We know this stuff isn't final and we know they probably will patch it. Ponder even said the only reason it'd be tough to run was because of how long it would take and how many extra setups they would need.

Chindogg

zlatko said:
What better way to overcome skill gaps than a mode like X-Factor.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than a character like Dark Phoenix.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than picking Yun in AE.

What better way to overcome skill gaps than V-13 or whatever in the original Blazblue.

I can keep going. They have allowed some stupid shit at majors.

It's pretty simple to just say, "no use of DLC/pre order gems," and then allow all the ones that are on disc.

Give me you crystal ball seriously. I want to see the future you have seen oh great wizard Chindogg to know exactly which gems are so broken. That way I can get to the same page as you and begin to criticise the game for things it actually has done and not for things it MIGHT do or COULD do.

I'm going to wait and see, and once again, for the third time now, why is it SO bad that the game is just a grown up version of Super Smash? It'd be great to have a nice fuck around game like Smash to enjoy with friends who come over, and leave my hardcore TE stick 1 frame linking games for when I'm in the mood for serious competitive play. Still not saying this game can't be that, but why would it be so bad if it wasn't that ?

I know some stuff about gems that I can't talk about, including why they're banned at Evo. I probably shouldn't have gotten into this retarded argument in the first place. Its just really funny how people make sweeping assumptions and are willing to put others on blast without actually understanding the full situation behind decisions that are made. I'm done talking about this. I look forward to your disappointment and frustration in the future.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
CountAntonius said:
Ono has said from day one this game is about party and fun. If it never has an evo birth or a big tournament scene it wouldn't surprise me at all. Kinda makes sense why he would patch up AE and leave it perfect for competition then release this game focused on fun stuff and experimentation while trying to find a way to grab a larger audience by adding things like gems that would never fly in a traditional game.

Then unleash SFV.

This may be close to the truth. But I have scary visions of players in greater Asia latching on to the game due to the Tekken angle, min-maxing the gem system in that scary way they so easily blow out Tekken 6, and turning it into the most tech game of all time.

zlatko

Banned
Chindogg said:
I know some stuff about gems that I can't talk about, including why they're banned at Evo. I probably shouldn't have gotten into this retarded argument in the first place. Its just really funny how people make sweeping assumptions and are willing to put others on blast without actually understanding the full situation behind decisions that are made. I'm done talking about this. I look forward to your disappointment and frustration in the future.

Well I hope you end up being wrong, but I'm not going to lose sleep if you end up being right that whatever you claim to know about gems is indeed going to make Level 3 x factor dark phoenix not look broken.

:( I was just debating. I didn't want to piss you off or put you on blast.

You still avoided my question though; Why is it so bad if this game ends up being like a Super Smash fun focused fighter rather than super serious competitive ala SF4 ?

Kaijima said:
This may be close to the truth. But I have scary visions of players in greater Asia latching on to the game due to the Tekken angle, min-maxing the gem system in that scary way they so easily blow out Tekken 6, and turning it into the most tech game of all time.

Don't worry so much about that, Korea just got some TTT2 cabinets.

CPS2

Kaijima said:

LOL that would be awesome.

zlatko said:
Why is it so bad if this game ends up being like a Super Smash fun focused fighter rather than super serious competitive ala SF4 ?

There's nothing wrong with it at all. Chindogg's response when I said something similar was that weirdness about paying money so that jab=win. If that's his big secret reveal for 6 months down the track then I'll ask fullscreenultra to make a youtube video about me to put me on blast lol.

Kaijima said:
I think it not getting an arcade release(is it?) will probably leave it DOA in Japan.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The sudden defensiveness is almost cute.

Hitokage said:
I think it'd be nice if there ended up being a legitimate reason to run a lower profile game or two in its place, personally.

GUARDIAN HEROES FOR EVO!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Poster 1: you're all wrong, here's my implausible sounding foreknowledge and extreme conclusions!

Poster 2: how can you know that, wait and see, you can't jump to conclusions like that.

Poster 1: I have special insider knowledge that wins any argument! But I can't tell you what it is. You must take my word for it that you're all wrong!

Ayup.

Sixfortyfive said:

I think it'd be nice if there ended up being a legitimate reason to run a lower profile game or two in its place, personally.

SF AE 2012
UMvC3
Skullgirls.

zlatko

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:

GUARDIAN HEROES FOR EVO!

Persona 4 for EVO. :O

; ; I can only dream of a Teddy vs Chie grand finals with a 70K viewer count on stream.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chindogg said:
You'll see soon enough.
Why is everyone overlooking this post?

Damn near close to "You thought gems were bullshit now with the two or three examples you have? Wait till broken, free-win DLC gems. Trust me, I'm an expert."

Chindogg has been an SRk correspondent a few times from what I have seen on that site. he's conducted a few interviews etc so I don't take what he says lightly.

I'll buy the game day one and enjoy it for what it is. If it has some competitive relevancy than hey that's great. If it's great game to mess around with online with buddies than that's good too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Chindogg said:
Welcome to the internet and GAF were half the fighting game community here feels like they are self entailed to knowing things from people that are under NDA. WHAT YOU DROPPED HINTS OMG YOU FUCKING MONSTER JUST TELL US AND GET IN DEEP SHIT! WHAT YOU WONT RISK SHIT FOR PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW MAN FUCK THIS DUDE.

:D yay people!

Now I'm gonna just guess but now that I know that gems are separate for EACH character on your team... yeah I can see plenty of stupid 80% life plus combo bullshit. Sigh I was looking forward to it, if it was limited to one set it could be balanced easy. But two sets of the things per player is just way fucking overboard.

QisTopTier said:
Welcome to the internet and GAF were half the fighting game community here feels like they are self entailed to knowing things from people that are under NDA. WHAT YOU DROPPED HINTS OMG YOU FUCKING MONSTER JUST TELL US AND GET IN DEEP SHIT! WHAT YOU WONT RISK SHIT FOR PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW MAN FUCK THIS DUDE.
It ain't about that. It's fine if people can't/won't talk about stuff that's NDA. But it's another thing entirely when you use that to automatically dismiss everything that people are arguing.
Kaijima said:
Poster 1: you're all wrong, here's my implausible sounding foreknowledge and extreme conclusions!

Poster 2: how can you know that, wait and see, you can't jump to conclusions like that.

Poster 1: I have special insider knowledge that wins any argument! But I can't tell you what it is. You must take my word for it that you're all wrong!
Shit like this infuriates me because it's condescending, plain and simple.

Tizoc

Hang on how many Gems can you equip? I thought you can equip but seems only 3 can be equipped.
Furthermore do you have to equip the Gems for EACH character or do you select your character then the gems?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tizoc said:
Hang on how many Gems can you equip? I thought you can equip but seems only 3 can be equipped.
Furthermore do you have to equip the Gems for EACH character or do you select your character then the gems?
You get to slap 5 on each character

Professor Beef said:
It ain't about that. It's fine if people can't/won't talk about stuff that's NDA. But it's another thing entirely when you use that to automatically dismiss everything that people are arguing.

Shit like this infuriates me because it's condescending, plain and simple.

Sounds like needless whining and wanting more and more aka schoolyard shit. Take it with a grain of salt, if shit proves to be wrong bring it up later and smash it into their face THEN.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kaijima said:

Ayup.

Yep.

But if it was Haunts or someone I'd take his word for it. Haunts would probably be smart enough to not get involved in the first place though.

Tizoc said:
I think it's safe to assume that you select your character then gems, because Capcom said each character has their own set of gems.

Tizoc

Tguy said:
I think it's safe to assume that you select your character then gems, because Capcom said each character has their own set of gems.
Aha, well that's gonna be time consuming if you're going to equip Gems lol.
They really need to make a playable build that has Gems, at least that way we can give feedback on balancing, etc. @_@

Top Bottom