• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

vg260

Moaradin said:
I was real hype for this but those gems are killing it. Hopefully they reconsider.

Yeah. I just started to get really exited for this up to Pandora and the gem nonsense.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah this gem system sounds like pandering to the casual crowd.

Want to beat Daigo? Here you go!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow capcom is finally making the best fighting game they ever had since cvs2! Accessible gameplay but with technical things! Fun combo system! Characters never in a 2d fighter before being fleshed out to work and no shitty gimmick! I'm so hype!

suddenly gems...

FUCK YOU!

I really really hate this gem bullshit. Pandora I could stomach but this is just...

as long as there is a ranked option free of this nonsense I'll be fine with it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gem system could be terrible or kinda not terrible. I will reserve judgment.

Busaiku said:
Yeah there's no way the gem system can be mandatory.

God I hope so, but the lack of any mention of it being that way along with it being in the system trailer rather than being presented as an extra mode worries me. I really hope at the very least there's an option online for gemless battles.

I didn't mind Pandora much, then I stopped caring about it after seeing that it SUCKS badly so far, but this? Ugh, it's killing what little hype I had.

General Shank-a-snatch said:
This is just outrageous.
207643d1303866457-vimeo-interactive-talking-plush-portal-turret-fry-squint.jpg

Kerrby

Banned
Quick, someone explain gems to me. I want this game for Vita but I don't know what gems are and why people are booing it.

Also isn't that around the time UMvC3 is coming out?

Both are coming out for Vita, I don't know which one to get D:

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
On second thought, if they pull it off and its fun then whatever, its fine.

What bothers me is that all this features are getting confusing, Ive been playing fighting games all my life and the amount of shit Im gonna need to keep track of in a fight is starting to seem unreasonable

So who all do we see in the teasers?

Teaser 1, Mokujin, Lars, Jinpachi?

If I'm not mistaken in teaser 2 I'm seeing Devil Jin, Paul and Q???

Teaser 3 I see Xiaoyu, Zafina and Alisa.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Never mind, this isn't that bad. Auto block isn't a true auto block It probably works like how the one in tekken does. Auto throw break wont break throws on counter throws cause you cant. So yeah pretty much wasted gem slots. In the long run this will end up just like picking assist in mvc3. No biggie.

If that special edition had a Steelbook included like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 I'd be all over it. As it stands it is still a maybe... who am I kidding, I'll probably get it. :/

devastatorprime said:
So who all do we see in the teasers?

Teaser 1, Mokujin, Lars, Jinpachi?

If I'm not mistaken in teaser 2 I'm seeing Devil Jin, Paul and Q???

Teaser 3 I see Xiaoyu, Zafina and Alisa.

O_O

...shit.

Ono:

Wants to make fighting games more accessible

Throws in every damn mechanic he can possibly think of

SFxT really just feels like Ono's Frankenstein. Every risk taken, every damn thing he can possibly think of being thrown in. At the very least it's ballsy and a true test of what will work in the future for fighting games and what won't. Better to do it on this than SFV. I'm just confused at this point. So many things to like(great cast/online tag and training mode) and some things that just baffle me at this point(gems/pandora) we'll see how this all works out.

Terareflection said:
O_O

...shit.
Don't get hopes up/down. Xiaoyu is shown as an actual SFxT game screenshot, Zafina and Alisa are bits of their T6/TTT2 (not sure) renders.

Obvious red herrings.

notworksafe

I wonder...maybe there are also cosmetic only gems, like with minor WoW glyphs?

Like orange fireballs, different color for hair, maybe something like that. Just because some are silly extra powers, they don't all have to be.

Either way I'm hoping you can turn them off or just equip cosmetic ones.

Skilletor

QisTopTier said:
Never mind, this isn't that bad. Auto block isn't a true auto block It probably works like how the one in tekken does. Auto throw break wont break throws on counter throws cause you cant. So yeah pretty much wasted gem slots. In the long run this will end up just like picking assist in mvc3. No biggie.

lol. There are plenty of times when I've been thrown because I wasn't expecting it or couldn't react in time. That's not a good example at all.

This game sounds like stupid.

Aeris130

Terareflection said:
Competition. Generally you want the best players to win a game. Comeback mechanics and RPG-lite systems like gems ruin that.

Gems activate off of predictable conditions, so it's not rng like smashbros tripping. And anyone can gem up the way they like. What about them puts pro players at a disadvantage?

notworksafe said:
I wonder...maybe there are also cosmetic only gems, like with minor WoW glyphs?

Like orange fireballs, different color for hair, maybe something like that. Just because some are silly extra powers, they don't all have to be.
This would have been perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for when they had announced the system. Fun, goofy and most importantly easily ignored(from a gameplay standpoint).

AAK

Teaser 1:

jbh3B49GCZsMoh.png

Mokujin, Lars, Marshall Law

Teaser 2:

jb1FF3haMqPnTx.png

Devil Jin, Paul, Dragunov

Teaser 3:

jbvCcvVJzbQe4D.png

Ling, Zafina, Alisa

KAL2006

Banned
so majority people are saying Paul, Law and Xiaoyu are the teased characters and Devil Jin, Zafina, Alisa, Lars and Mokujin were all just red herrings.

I'm happy with those 3 choices, though I would have liked Alisa in this game. Now all they need to do is announce Christie and Jack and I'd be happy with the Tekken cast.

Terareflection said:
It like they know that the game isn't very good on it own...

It definitely looked like a solid fighter before and like Count said, Ono wanted to make it accessible as well for Tekken players when he was talking about the 6-button config. People were skeptical about Pandora and now there are people booing at the gem system (if the impression is true.) It really took a turn for the strange, but it's a good thing for the tourney guys that gems aren't required and that you can turn them off.

I'd still like to play this game, but I'm really curious on how you obtain all of the gems.

DR2K said:
How do you know of only one?
They said with the previous teasers for the SF side that out of the 3 characters in each teaser, only 1 was actually in the game.

One character out of the teasers is shown in SFxT, the others are shown in SF4/as renders from T6.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
General Shank-a-snatch said:
) but it's a good thing for the tourney guys that gems aren't required and that you can turn them off.
How? Like honestly think for a second how this could hurt the tourney scene for the game. Then explain it to me. I could list quite a few examples of how this shit will actually make the game more exciting :p

AAK

So I guess the remaining teams for Tekken are gonna be:

Asuka Kazama, Lili Rochefort

Devil Jin, Ling Xiaoyu

Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law

Lars Alexandersson, Alisa Boskonovitch

And I guess Dragunov, Mokujin/Zafina?
SHOULD HAVE BEEN BRYAN FURY!!!

Top Bottom