• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Studio Liverpool on Wipeout 2048 page: " WE. ARE. ALIVE. " [Well, not really]

Ardenyal

IlRi7.gif

Need a new avatar now :)

Last I heard something was two weeks ago.

Liverpool Council were going to step in to help out if need be, they didn't want to lose a very well known work force in the city which has a) been around forever and b) employ a decent number of people. There were also ongoing talks with Sony themselves too. I am guessing one of the deals has gone through.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Liverpool Council were going to step in to help out if need be, they didn't want to lose a very well known work force in the city which has a) been around forever and b) employ a decent number of people. There were also ongoing talks with Sony themselves too. I am guessing one of the deals has gone through.

Please be true...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Good, good. I stroke my beard.

I wonder if a majority of them were just moved over to Evolution studios. I can definitely see it happening.

As far as I know, no that's not the case. It would of been, but I think due to the importance of the team they tried to keep everyone from moving on until things were sorted. I am sure some might of gone, but it wasn't like when Bigbig closed where it was dead immediately.

Great news if true.

Loudninja

Well that excellent than.

LiquidMetal14

Someone tweet that tweet to Yosp!

Maybe we may get some mystic response!

Let's not waste any time here folks!dlskfj

true Gek

Oh *_* This is awesome!

TheOddOne

That is strange, the owned them, closed them and then talked to them again?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Council doing what the government fails to. Thats one for the history books, fucking hell!

If this turns out to be the case, then this is absolutely wonderful news for everyone.

RpgN

It's not a prank and it's good news.

Of all the shut-downs we've witnessed for the past few years, this one hurt me the most. Liverpool are too talented and have a good history to be closed like that. It feels like a miracle at this point.

And one more thing, I'm actually one of the few people who really enjoyed Little Deviants, it was a big shame to have your company closed too.

Yep, Liverpool Council were in talks to independently fund "Liverpool Studio" if need be. There were also separate talks between Sony and "Liverpool Studio".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yep, Liverpool Council were in talks to independently fund "Liverpool Studio" if need be. There were also separate talks between Sony and "Liverpool Studio".

Hmmm. Hopefully there is Sony involvement so they can keep making Wipeout. Using the Wipeout 2048 pages to relay this news might hint at that.

LiquidMetal14

I heard Shagg_187 had pledged $5m for a new wipeout on PS4, and is just hoping gaffers chip in

In for
emotional and spiritual
support with any denomination from any country. I will spare no
monetary
expense! I'm
not
made out of money but I will back this initiative up with lots of money
That's what I would say if I have money but I don't so emotional and gangster like spiritual
support is what I will give!

Top Bottom