• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions 2 |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads, The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNaranja

Does anyone know the origin of these gifs? If I could get a link to the full videos of them that would be great.

iV8GDTjgONs5M.gif

hah_that_didnt_hurt_im_good_ok_maybe_just_a_little_bit-133026.gif

tumblr_n6s5tcKqiO1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Suppose you are standing in front of a cop in a parking lot. There is a piece of trash on the ground that was there when you both got there.

Would you get pinched by the man for littering if you picked up the trash and then dropped it again, all in full view of the copper?

Suppose you are standing in front of a cop in a parking lot. There is a piece of trash on the ground that was there when you both got there.

Would you get pinched by the man for littering if you picked up the trash and then dropped it again, all in full view of the copper?
Depends. Is the cop a cunt?

Kjellson

So I'm going abroad soon which will be great and all but I have one problem.

The Game of Thrones finale airs on Sunday and I always watch it the day after on the Nordic HBO provider www.hbonordic.com. However, I won't bring my laptop with me because it's too much of a hassle to have it around all the time, instead I'm brining my iPad.

I have HBO Nordic's iOS app, but it won't work outside the Nordic countries. So I'm wondering if it's possible to get a VPN somewhere (or something) and open up the app while my iPad thinks I'm still home?

YoungHav

Banned
When people flatten and throw away boxes, what do you call the thin white hard plastic "rope" that people tie around the boxes and where can I purchase it? I have years' worth of boxes to discard.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
When people flatten and throw away boxes, what do you call the thin white hard plastic "rope" that people tie around the boxes and where can I purchase it? I have years' worth of boxes to discard.

I know the stuff you're talking about, and don't know the exact term for it. THIS may help lead you in the right direction though, not quite the exact same thing but would serve the same purpose I should guess.

jred2k

It's hard to find a good detailed picture, but is this what you're thinking of?

PSPPY.jpg

It's called plastic/poly strapping and I think you'd need to go a an industrial supplier to get the material and the tool to use it. You might be able to find something like that at a hardware store.

I had a somewhat similar experience today, we'll... But not really...

I opened the door and held it for my friend to walk into Starbucks, ( Note that my buddy is a talkative fuck and he's in The middle of telling me a story, blah blah...) as I was still holding the door open, I noticed a pair of cops walking towards the door, to also enter Starbucks, so what the heck, I just stood there kept holding the door for them to walk in as well... They walk in, one of them thanked me.

So I'm the last one inside, I noticed my friend who entered before the cops is already in line to order his coffee, then of course naturally the cops were lined up right behind him. I donno what got into me, I guess I wanted to hear my friend continue telling his story, so I, without any hesitation butted in line in front of the cops to be right behind my friend, the cop behind me, kinda gave me a weird look, I just kinda carried on.

Now... What would have been the proper etiquette there? Do I lose my cue in line and let my friend leave me behind if I hold the door for people to walk in ahead of me into a place where there's a line up?? Or do I do what I did? As soon as entering the establishment, cut in line and regroup with my party?

Yeah, a farmer tan is one where there's a really strong tanline right across the middle of your upper arm and across your collar, like you've been out working in a field in a t-shirt all day.
Yeah, thanks I get it, but I donno, I guess if the ad ended with the words "Farmer tan" instead of just "farmer" would've been a lot more clear.

I know it's trying to say a farmer's tan, but I thought it's just using "farmer" as a random example rather than a common expression for a tan, that I wasn't aware of.

I am however, familiar with a bikini tan line, who isn't?

Yeah, thanks I get it, but I donno, I guess if the ad ended with the words "Farmer tan" instead of just "farmer" would've been a lot more clear.

I know it's trying to say a farmer's tan, but I thought it's just using "farmer" as a random example rather than a common expression for a tan, that I wasn't aware of.

I am however, familiar with a bikini tan line, who isn't?

Yeah, it's kinda cutesy copywriter English. And that:

'X' is more 'Y' than 'Z'

…is kind of a semi-common joke format.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Question about videos purchased on Amazon:

I have all of Fargo (the show) purchased on my Amazon account. My friend wants to watch the show with me and I don't mind rewatching it, and we want to watch it on their tv on their smart-tv (they have an Amazon account as well). Is that even possible in any way without logging in to my Amazon account on their tv and them having my Amazon password and access to all my Amazon account info? I'm assuming not...

Question about videos purchased on Amazon:

I have all of Fargo (the show) purchased on my Amazon account. My friend wants to watch the show with me and I don't mind rewatching it, and we want to watch it on their tv on their smart-tv (they have an Amazon account as well). Is that even possible in any way without logging in to my Amazon account on their tv and them having my Amazon password and access to all my Amazon account info? I'm assuming not...

You could if you watched it on their TV but with your own playstation/x-box or other device, instead of through their smart-TV. I often bring my PS3 over to someone else's house and just enter their router WEP code on the PS3 and then watch Netflix or Amazon Prime through my account. If you did that you wouldn't have to log in through their smart TV, just connect to it with an HDMI cable.

YoungHav

Banned
I know the stuff you're talking about, and don't know the exact term for it. THIS may help lead you in the right direction though, not quite the exact same thing but would serve the same purpose I should guess.

It's hard to find a good detailed picture, but is this what you're thinking of?

PSPPY.jpg

It's called plastic/poly strapping and I think you'd need to go a an industrial supplier to get the material and the tool to use it. You might be able to find something like that at a hardware store.

There's ordinary nylon twine, but also Amazon has this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00988QPZ4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Thanks for the help!

Snakepit

I have a question

So where is the best place to check my credit score are those websites like free credit report legit? or do I need to go to a bank or something like that?

ultron87

Radogol

In older movies (and recent ones, like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - on purpose, I believe) the screen goes wider in the final shot. Why is that?

fenners

In older movies (and recent ones, like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - on purpose, I believe) the screen goes wider in the final shot. Why is that?

A lot of "pan and scan" tv broadcasts would zoom out to the actual aspect ratio for the end credits as they figured no-one cared about filling the screen at that point. Is that what you're thinking of?

Radogol

A lot of "pan and scan" tv broadcasts would zoom out to the actual aspect ratio for the end credits as they figured no-one cared about filling the screen at that point. Is that what you're thinking of?

Perhaps, sounds reasonable, although why wouldn't they care? I understand zooming out just for the credits but it's most often the entire last shot. Anyway, this kind of confirms my guess that it's a stylistic choice in more recent movies.

Accoun

I've visited my family in Stockholm a few years ago and I remember watching a documentary in a cinema. The cinema hall was inside a sphere (or at least in a shape that could be cut from one) and the movie was casted on it, with the picture being curved and around us, instead of just being in front.

The question is - where was it? It came out in conversation recently and it bugged me, since I don't remember the place. It could have been part of some museum?

UraMallas

Snapchat question.

I want to go back and screenshot a specific snap but it appears the new snapchat deletes any snapchats in your conversation that you receive before the last one. Help?

StuBurns

Banned
Do we really eat spiders in our sleep?
Almost certainly none. Spiders don't like people, they certainly wouldn't like a mouth, so they are very unlikely to go in there, you'd have to be sleeping with your mouth open too of course, which most people don't, and you'd need to have built up saliva and be swallowing as just a spider being in your mouth wouldn't cause swallowing.

I imagine it's technically possible, but there's no way we all do it eight times a year or whatever people suggest.

Horse

Banned
Almost certainly none. Spiders don't like people, they certainly wouldn't like a mouth, so they are very unlikely to go in there, you'd have to be sleeping with your mouth open too of course, which most people don't, and you'd need to have built up saliva and be swallowing as just a spider being in your mouth wouldn't cause swallowing.

I imagine it's technically possible, but there's no way we all do it eight times a year or whatever people suggest.

I am SO relieved. Thank you.

KillGore

USA-GAF, especially Florida-GAF, I need help!!

I'm going to orlando in december and I want to buy Universal Studios/Island of Adventure tickets online. I add the tickets to my cart and I'm about to pay them but I see that they didn't ask me for dates. I bought the disney tickets and they asked me for the dates I'm going. I'm afraid that if I buy the tickets now, it'll have expired by december; or am I wrong? Do they work on any date within the year 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom