• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions 2 |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads, The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

So playing Co-Op on the Wii U requires an extra pro controller, right?

Edit: am I in wrong section m8? Feckin google m8

It depends, which game.

Some can use the wii remote, some need wii remote plus, some wii remote plus and nunchuck, and some the Wii U Pro controller. It depends on the game. Also, there's a Stupid Gaming Questions thread for questions about gaming. For future reference

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404267

Bishop89

Im having some serious lag problems.
No idea what to do,

Ive had my cable internet for about 6 months now, only past 2 weeks has it been lagging.

I have not done anything to my connection.
I have contacted my ISP and they reset my connection rom their end.
I bought new ethernet cables incase it was that, still lags.

No idea what to do.

PS: This is for ps3/ps4, wired connection. Cod, battlefield.

From the killcam, when I lag it looks like im frozen in place.

Have you tried to reset your router? Log in to the administration panel from a browser and click on the reset button. This is different from restoring it to factory settings.

Bishop89

Have you tried to reset your router? Log in to the administration panel from a browser and click on the reset button. This is different from restoring it to factory settings.

I have not pressed the 'reset to factory settings' on my modem as I was unsure if that would reset my password and all that.

T3tTYqL.jpg

This is the only reference I can see in the modem settings which suggests a restart. I assume that would be what to press?

Will my password be reset too?

FillerB

I have not pressed the 'reset to factory settings' on my modem as I was unsure if that would reset my password and all that.

This is the only reference I can see in the modem settings which suggests a restart. I assume that would be what to press?

Will my password be reset too?

A reboot, as opposed to a factory reset, shouldn't wipe any of your settings. You should try that. If that doesn't help, a hard reset (removing the power supply for a few minutes and plugging it back in). Also shouldn't wipe any settings.

Besides, since you say you're wired. What passwords are you walking about?

Bishop89

A reboot, as opposed to a factory reset, shouldn't wipe any of your settings. You should try that. If that doesn't help, a hard reset (removing the power supply for a few minutes and plugging it back in). Also shouldn't wipe any settings.

Besides, since you say you're wired. What passwords are you walking about?

My ps3 & ps4 are wired but laptop/phone/vita/3ds are not.

Hmm I TURNED the power off for about 30 seconds then back on, but didnt unplug. Dont see the difference but I will try that too.

Bishop89

i THINK the 'reboot' option sort of worked.

I played my first game with minimal lag.
2nd game, the lag occured just a little bit more.
3rd game was a bit worse than the 2nd.
4th was much better but still occured.
Final game, the teleportation and stuff has returned!

Will unplug for a minute now!

Is there a reason why this whole thing occured? I had not touched my settings/modem/connection/anything AT ALL. Does this just normally happen over time?

EDIT: just tested bf4 and its much much worse.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!

I contacted ISP
'Rebooted' modem
Unplugged power supply

WHAT MORE DOES GOD ASK OF ME!?

Hey, I'm looking for a gif of a girl dancing that's been posted before. I'm pretty sure that gif came from a scene in a movie, so if anyone can also tell me the name of the movie I'd appreciate it. If I recall correctly, she has short hair and is wearing a blue dress that is kinda in a 50s/60s style. I remember she swings her arm in a circle and kicks out her leg at one point. And I think she's in a kitchen.

m3k

Comic book people... Ultimate xmen comics... I read a few and could have sworn it was an attempt at a reboot as the reintroduce characters, ie. Storm is like a teenager found in ny.

is this not a reboot? I read the inside of the books and they said as much, wikipedia calls it a reimagining.... Did anyone read these? And they are not canon right?

Comic book people... Ultimate xmen comics... I read a few and could have sworn it was an attempt at a reboot as the reintroduce characters, ie. Storm is like a teenager found in ny.

is this not a reboot? I read the inside of the books and they said as much, wikipedia calls it a reimagining.... Did anyone read these? And they are not canon right?
Ultimate universe is another universe in Marvel with a different canon. Most marvel comics take place in the 616 universe, and the ultimate universe was created as an alternative in the early 2000s to encourage new readers. So you could call it a reimagining.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Looking for some good websites to buy professional grade pest control supplies and brand recommendations.

We got some used electronics and crap that were infested with roaches. Probably german.

The exterminator hasn't been able to make much of a dent.

Over the counter bug killers have never worked for us. Especially that dastardly flea infestation a few years ago.

I'm getting the willies thinking about it.

Wikipedia was right, the enture Ultimate line was supposed to be a re-imagining of Marvel franchises to interest people who want to read about these characters but don't want the baggage of decades of continuity. This typiclly meant that they would modernize the characters and make them younger while also addressing stuff in the origins of heroes that didn't make sense (Peter Parker gets bitten by a genetically engineered spider rather than a radioactive one which would instantly kill him). They then decided to take the opportunity to make the Ultimate universe as different as possible since they aren't shackled down by needing to adhere to continuity, for better or for worse. The Ultimate titles are not canon to the main Marvel universe, but it does exist in the same multiverse as it, and when
Galactus killed off the whole Ultimate universe some of the heroes, like Miles Morales, got transported to the main universe

m3k

Thanks ultra gunner and frustrated grunt! It was a clever way to get new readers in and finishes off nicely with galactis killing off that universe

thanks anyways for trying :)

Dumb question maybe, but did you do the PS3/4 network test? What type of NAT does it say you have?

Also, when you power cycled your modem and tested those games, did you make sure no other devices were connected? Specifically your laptop since that's wireless and if left on, would automatically reconnect I imagine. And when you do a speed test on your laptop, everything checks out fine btw? No lag outside of the PS3/4 with their wired connections?

Random question but if something on Amazon.de isn't sold or fulfilled by Amazon, can I still pay with a gift card?

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: For anyone reading this, yes it works!

For some reason most of my text in chrome has become italicized and I don't know why. Any idea how to fix it? I have been mucking around in the settings and haven't solved it yet. Thanks.

Valhelm

contribute something
This may not be the best avenue to ask this, but I'm confused about one issue.

Why is rape generally thought to be about power and not about sex? Does that refer only to violent rapists whose victims are resisting, or all rapists, including those who coerce people into sex?

If all rapists care more about power than sex, why is it effective to teach boys why consent is important?

Mabef

Banned
My friend had two different antivirus softwares installed on her computer. At some point she logged into each one and had them both scan&delete everything. Now her computer is str8 busted, very slow and hard freezes all the time while doing nothing.

If I got her a new install of Windows and she simply updated (she's running 7, was thinking of 8), might her problem be fixed? I'd rather not walk her through a complete wipe. If she forgets to save an essential file, it'd be my ass for convincing her to do computer-things.

Thx!

Oreoleo

My friend had two different antivirus softwares installed on her computer. At some point she logged into each one and had them both scan&delete everything. Now her computer is str8 busted, very slow and hard freezes all the time while doing nothing.

If I got her a new install of Windows and she simply updated (she's running 7, was thinking of 8), might her problem be fixed? I'd rather not walk her through a complete wipe. If she forgets to save an essential file, it'd be my ass for convincing her to do computer-things.

Thx!

Installing a new version of Windows will wipe all her personal files anyway, so..

But yeah, it would definitely fix her problem.

Bishop89

Dumb question maybe, but did you do the PS3/4 network test? What type of NAT does it say you have?

Also, when you power cycled your modem and tested those games, did you make sure no other devices were connected? Specifically your laptop since that's wireless and if left on, would automatically reconnect I imagine. And when you do a speed test on your laptop, everything checks out fine btw? No lag outside of the PS3/4 with their wired connections?

nat 2.

Went to 3 one time I did the test, but no, generally 2.

I talked to my ISP and they are sending me a replacement modem. They think it could be that, and it very well could be because it just keeps 'rebooting' itself.

Keeps flashes, internet signal turns green for a sec then all the lights start flashing again, rinse and repeat x forever.

Tambini

I was eating and chipped a bit of my back tooth out, only a tiny piece. It tastes like metal in my mouth. it doesn't hurt right now, but is it going to start hurting?

nan0

I was eating and chipped a bit of my back tooth out, only a tiny piece. It tastes like metal in my mouth. it doesn't hurt right now, but is it going to start hurting?

Did that as a kid, didn't hurt, but you might want to see a dentist in any case. He can probably seal it before it can become a source of caries.

Many years go I did the exact same thing on one of my back molars. Can still feel the spot now. Never started hurting in my case.

Old Lace

I'm trying to get a video from Facebook chat on to my friend's Facebook page.

I did the right-click the video link and copy the url thing, but that didn't work. Does anyone know how to do this? Or if there was some way I could download the video and then re-upload it for him that would work too, I guess.

Who

Banned
Is it possible, on MS paint, to edit an avatar so it doesn't have a white background and is instead transparent? Or is that just a fancy trick photoshop and higher end graphic programs can do?

jred2k

Is it possible, on MS paint, to edit an avatar so it doesn't have a white background and is instead transparent? Or is that just a fancy trick photoshop and higher end graphic programs can do?

I don't think you can save a transparency in MS Paint. You can in Paint.NEt, though, and it's free. http://www.getpaint.net/

Here's a quick version of you current av, but you could probably get something better done in the avatar request thread.

RT8nccT.png

Who

Banned
I don't think you can save a transparency in MS Paint. You can in Paint.NEt, though, and it's free. http://www.getpaint.net/

Here's a quick version of you current av, but you could probably get something better done in the avatar request thread.

RT8nccT.png

Thank my dude! This will do perfectly until I find something... i dunno... more high res and actually cool looking lol

Minamu

Thread titles with something like "[xx/yy = ban]" in them, is that mod sanctioned and true or just a gaf meme? It hasn't applied to my posting style so far so it hasn't affected me yet but I'm curious if it's real or not.

Thread titles with something like "[xx/yy = ban]" in them, is that mod sanctioned and true or just a gaf meme? It hasn't applied to my posting style so far so it hasn't affected me yet but I'm curious if it's real or not.
That title was edited by a mod so yes that's sanctioned

Ecto311

Moving images on my computer and tons of them are these DSC00004 or similar names but cant open them and they are coming up as invalid files. Now there is some kind of permissions fuckery going on and that is stopping them from being deleted without admin powers. I am afraid I am deleting images I want but cant open because of permissions shit. Any ideas how to open them and see what is going on or mass convert them to good permissions?

How does electricity actually work? As in, an understandable description of how it works, catered to a moron like me.

Post a video and I'll be tempted to slit you up the middle like a Cornish Pasty.

jred2k

How does electricity actually work? As in, an understandable description of how it works, catered to a moron like me.

Post a video and I'll be tempted to slit you up the middle like a Cornish Pasty.

Here is a couple threads I found on the subreddit "Explain Like I'm Five" that might help you. It's a good place to find simplified answers to questions you feel dumb asking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike..._how_does_electricity_work_ohms_voltage_amps/

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...li5_how_is_electricity_generated_in_words_an/

Ultimadrago

It's very humid today in Houston and there's these large brown/black buzzing bugs that are everywhere. As someone with a phobia of insects, I want to know my enemies better.

What are these fucking things that are flying everywhere? They're about the size of an adult thumb. They're not wasps or flies (or common ones anyways) and they're not dragonflies. Is it a type of beetle? I don't know.

I dont know anything about computers hardware and this kind of stuff so I wanna know what is the best internal hard for PS4 console? What kind of internal hards can be use in PS4?

jred2k

google chrome won't load a butload of sites incluiding twitter, airbnb and a few other I regularly use. I tried google but I couldn't find a solution

please help?

Any particular error you are receiving or is it just a standard "Page Could Not Be Displayed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom