• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions 2 |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads, The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Master

Bump, but googling isn't helping me. There was a cheese japanese live-action movie where the gimmick was they grow weapons from any injuries they occur, and I can not remember the name. There was a particular scene where there was an amputee walking around with a sword extending from her elbows and knees, etc. Halp.

Tambini

How can people drink boiling tea/coffee as soon as they get it? I always notice this while I wait 10 minutes before even thinking of drinking it

Symphonia

Banned
How can people drink boiling tea/coffee as soon as they get it? I always notice this while I wait 10 minutes before even thinking of drinking it
The worst offenders are those on TV. You see it all the time - someone has just made a fresh coffee or picked up a fresh coffee from Starbucks and they start drinking it straight away. Not even little sips, but huge gulps. You can easily tell there's nothing actually in the cup. I, like you, have to wait at least 5-10 minutes before I can comfortably drink it.

My parents are those people. When the coffee comes out of the brewer* I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes before I can start drinking it. Meanwhile they not only drink it straight from the pot right away they'll even microwave it to make it hotter. I don't get how their tongues/mouth aren't burnt.

*If its Starbucks and I'm not at a place where I feel comfortable taking the lid off (ie anywhere but a desk) forget about it. It takes like 30 minutes before I can really start getting into it.

Minamu

Who is it that plays Donald Trump in most parodies these days? I don't think it's Baldwin, I'm talking about the voice over videos from Holland and Germany for example. Sounds like the same guy to me at least. I think the voice was on Jimmy Fallon as well?

Dantrist

Who is it that plays Donald Trump in most parodies these days? I don't think it's Baldwin, I'm talking about the voice over videos from Holland and Germany for example. Sounds like the same guy to me at least. I think the voice was on Jimmy Fallon as well?
I don't know about the German video, but the guy who does the voice in the Dutch video is Greg Shapiro.

I'm using Facebook Messenger on Android, is there a way to make it send better quality pictures? Every time I send a picture to a friend it looks like it came out of 1995. Can't find any setting to send higher resolution images.

1. Is some of the dialogue improvised and then animated around later?

2. Why is s3 so far away yet? Didn't s2 end over a year ago?

1. Yes. IIRC, things like the interdimensional TV stuff was mostly Roiland just riffing on a list of ideas on paper.

2. S3 is being drawn right now. Writing is done, but I don't know how long the animating process takes.

Minamu

I'm using Facebook Messenger on Android, is there a way to make it send better quality pictures? Every time I send a picture to a friend it looks like it came out of 1995. Can't find any setting to send higher resolution images.
I can't answer your specific question but facebook is infamous for having really lousy image compression on the main website so it could simply be facebook that sucks.

1. Yes. IIRC, things like the interdimensional TV stuff was mostly Roiland just riffing on a list of ideas on paper.

Ha that's great. Yeah I was wondering about those episodes in particular and then in the episode I was watching the other day (the one where Morty chooses the adventure) it sounded like the name of the slug and the currency was made up on the spot.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What's the best/easiest way to fix a video file with audio that's out of sync? And not just temporarily while playing it but actually edit the file itself.

magawolaz

Anyone ever used YouTube Music? https://www.youtube.com/feed/music

It should give you a playlist called "Liked Music", that automatically lists all the music videos you put a "Like" on.

This playlist vanished the other day, and I can't get it back. I googled a bit and noticed that it happened to others, but I didn't found a fix. Any ideas?

I found silverfishes in the bathroom floor at work, good/bad? They seem harmless but still.
They are harmless. You can get rid of them by cleaning the drain and floor thoroughly. If you remove their food supply they will go elsewhere, like all other insects.

Minamu

I think I saw an ios thread recently about safari auto scrolling, did I dream that? Because my iphone has started doing the same thing :/

KarmaCow

Are those RFID blocking sleeves for credit/debit cards actually worthwhile? I got one from someone handing them out a store (branded with the store's name of course) and it seems like at best an extremely paranoid measure. I find that the tap and pay readers sometimes don't register even with almost direct contact so the idea that someone could covertly clone a card in my wallet, which itself is in my pocket seems a bit much.

Is there a Spanish language thread?

Also does anyone know a resource to practice beginner Spanish? Not duolingo or Memrise. I'd like to practice understanding sentences and writing them out.

PtM

Banned
Are those RFID blocking sleeves for credit/debit cards actually worthwhile? I got one from someone handing them out a store (branded with the store's name of course) and it seems like at best an extremely paranoid measure. I find that the tap and pay readers sometimes don't register even with almost direct contact so the idea that someone could covertly clone a card in my wallet, which itself is in my pocket seems a bit much.
Just put aluminium foliage over your chip and you're good. Like those things from below the amiibos.

mafe

I'm starting a job next week, doing the afternoon shift. I'd rather work mornings on the weekends though. Should I email my supervisor about this or stick it out for a while and then ask for a shift change?

I'm starting a job next week, doing the afternoon shift. I'd rather work mornings on the weekends though. Should I email my supervisor about this or stick it out for a while and then ask for a shift change?
I wouldn't do it so soon, unless there's something that prevents you from working afternoons like school or something. Cause if that's the case everyone would be asking for the shifts they want.

Someone speaking spanish who can help me please?
Somebody just wrote me "denle ban por ser rumano" and I have no idea what he meant, google translate doesn't help.

If I drive a compact car, is it bad manners to park in a normal parking space when there are open compact car spaces nearby?

The management for my apartment building is trying to enforce this but I contend that having a compact car just means I get the option of parking in the shitty cramped compact spots when everything else is full, and I shouldn't have fewer options than someone who drives a truck.

PtM

Banned
If I drive a compact car, is it bad manners to park in a normal parking space when there are open compact car spaces nearby?

The management for my apartment building is trying to enforce this but I contend that having a compact car just means I get the option of parking in the shitty cramped compact spots when everything else is full, and I shouldn't have fewer options than someone who drives a truck.
Yes. Though it doesn't matter for the management's decision, they can set up their rule anyhow.

Mariolee

Can you use a license on the day that it expires as ID for drinks? My friends are taking me out to bars tomorrow on my birthday but my new license hasn't been mailed in yet. Technically it expires ON my bday so would I be able to use it as my ID?

ultron87

Can you use a license on the day that it expires as ID for drinks? My friends are taking me out to bars tomorrow on my birthday but my new license hasn't been mailed in yet. Technically it expires ON my bday so would I be able to use it as my ID?

I don't think bartenders are generally checking the expiration date. I don't think they'd really care if it was expired either? Especially if it is on that exact date.

Epix

Does anyone have a link to those songs that are slowed down but sound great and funny? There was a thread of like 20 of them that someone did like a year ago.

Can I play MGSV without all the FOB invasion crap? Can someone explain the concept of my cash being split between online/offline, one is stealable, I guess?

Can I play MGSV without all the FOB invasion crap? Can someone explain the concept of my cash being split between online/offline, one is stealable, I guess?

Yeah one is stealable. I'm not an expert on it but that whole system had no affect on my play-through. I played at launch and I don't think anyone ever raided my base. I tried it one time and got some resources from it but it wasn't necessary to do to get the upgrades that I wanted. I think they've patched in some more expensive upgrades since then and maybe there is more of an incentive to do it now, but I totally ignored it and didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

TheCool69

Neo Member
Anybody else use Hermit on Android?

Lately for some reason the app does not save the page if my screen closes.

E.g i'm browsing Neogaf and reading a thread. I do something else, and my phone locks the screen. When i open the screen, the app goes back to the main page(neogaf.com)

I send the developer email, but they are not sure what is causing it?

I checked if i accidently have put some kind of RAM restriction on the app, but could not find anything..

Minamu

Has anyone tried IQ Option? It's some kind of stock broker app. I wonder if it's worth trying, but it kinda feels like a get rich quick scam to me. They're like "you'll make up 90% profit all the time" and I'm like come on, really guys?

Has anyone tried IQ Option? It's some kind of stock broker app. I wonder if it's worth trying, but it kinda feels like a get rich quick scam to me. They're like "you'll make up 90% profit all the time" and I'm like come on, really guys?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2010/07/27/dont-gamble-on-binary-options/

Edit: Since you're from Sweden I guess you'll understand Norwegian too ;P
https://www.nrk.no/kultur/finanstil...det-advarer-mot-handelsplattformer-1.13446829

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom