• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch, can you get rid of Delsin's stupid hat-beanie... thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

YES!
Gargamel.jpg

Bwahaha. Gargamel up in this *****!
But srsly OP, opinions and everything, but...beanie problem? He may have 99 problems, but his hat ain't one.

MonaKyshu

Banned
Sucker Punch really cant win with these character designs can they, we deffinitly aren't in Slyworld anymore

i personally thought the first Cole was great, never wanted them to change it.

Sucker Punch, show us some next gen hair tech in exchange for performance hits in other areas. I want other asinine things to complain about after the game actually launches.
/s

You think you're Greg Miller? You think you're gonna start a revolution and Sucker Punch will change their character design? Psch.

You scared? Buy a dog.

You annoyed? Start a twitter campaign.

Same old shit, Dufresne.

Girls seem to like it. lmao

I'm noting this for later use.

Sucker Punch, show us some next gen hair tech in exchange for performance hits in other areas. I want other asinine things to complain about after the game actually launches.
/s

You think you're Greg Miller? You think you're gonna start a revolution and Sucker Punch will change their character design? Psch.

You scared? Buy a dog.

You annoyed? Start a twitter campaign.

Same old shit, Dufresne.

Who the hell is Dufresne...?

Character customization could be more common. Have sets of clothing the player can choose from that all fit the player character well. That way, the industry as a whole doesn't see complaints about non-"forgettable Anglicized bald brooding ex-military dude" characters that are hated overall, yet barely noticed on a case-by-case basis and decides to gravitate toward those more boring designs so as to avoid complaints of "douchey looking" characters.

Scrabble

I had this conversation a few months ago. People were complaining about his name, and complaining about his tattoos (also of a regional Native American style) completely oblivious that these are little details that build actual depth to a character's identity and story.

People don't want video game protagonists to have depth. They just want them to be "mr perfect cool guy action heroes" or "anti hero badasses."

Wynnebeck

Banned
Dumb thread but equally dumb metric.

Oh good grief, that's not what I meant at all. I like wearing a beanie because I have dreads so it's easier to wear a hat like that for me personally instead of a snapback, etc. I said girls seem to like it because all of my female friends have commented on it one time or another.

Alright, this got me. Hahaha. Successful parry, sir. As for Dufresne, look it up. As for this complaint, still pointless.

No, not the complaint. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But the hope and actual request that SP give you the option to remove it; pointless waste of time and resources. They shouldn't have to change their character design because you don't like some hat.

People don't want video game protagonists to have depth. They just want them to be "mr perfect cool guy action heroes" or "anti hero badasses."

I personally think everything about Delsin is fine. He's Native? Cool. His name's unique. Cool. Wanna have Delsin be all deep and shit? You know what, I'm all for that.

It's just, that hat... it vexes me.

Alright, this got me. Hahaha. Successful parry, sir. As for Dufresne, look it up. As for this complaint, still pointless.

No, not the complaint. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But the hope and actual request that SP give you the option to remove it; pointless waste of time and resources. They shouldn't have to change their character design because you don't like some hat.

They should have decided that during inFamous 2 when they changed Awesome Cole to Lame Cole! This is their fault! I take no responsibility! They opened the floodgates!

nampad

Sucker Punch can't catch a break with their character designs. I like Delsin and I liked the new Cole. My only problem with the latter was, that I also liked the old Cole and deviating from him felt weird. In the end we got an abomination of a character trying to be both, which sucked.
Please don't change Delsin into some horrorable gamer advised mashup Sucker Punch, the last time was enough.

SRTtoZ

Stop comparing this to Infamous 1 -----> Infamous 2 Cole. The reason people didn't like it is because he didn't look like HIMSELF! I had no problem with the design, but it didn't make sense for Cole to be this bald angry looking guy in the first, and then Nathan Drake jr in the second game.

Scrabble

I personally think everything about Delsin is fine. He's Native? Cool. His name's unique. Cool. Wanna have Delsin be all deep and shit? You know what, I'm all for that.

It's just, that hat... it vexes me.

Than you have other issues in your life that need looked at and fixing if something like a hat bothers you so much.

The beanies fine, the last thing we need is for them to back to the drawing board for their character either making them waste time with this silly complaint instead of investing more time in other things....

That and I don't want any delays

SS move on

Stop comparing this to Infamous 1 -----> Infamous 2 Cole. The reason people didn't like it is because he didn't look like HIMSELF! I had no problem with the design, but it didn't make sense for Cole to be this bald angry looking guy in the first, and then Nathan Drake jr in the second game.

Yep.

Yeah.. take out the benie.
Also, make him bald and badass.
Put some armor in his body too.

You know what? Just make him exactly like Marcus Fenix! Game will be way better like that.

/s

Keep him just like now. it's perfect and distinct.

...or in this case, culturally-ambiguous white guys.

This game generates many hilarious complaints. Last week a guy said he couldn't understand the art decision behind making Seattle foggy in so many scenes. Seriously.

EDIT:

Love the fidelity, am a bit taken back by fog in each and every screenshot of the game. If it is technically necissary, I am fine with it being there. But as an artistic choice I find it odd.

LOL.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Yep. Infamous 2 was a direct sequel, featuring what was supposedly the very same main character, but suddenly he looked like a completely different person? No, that was just a really bad idea, and I'm so glad they changed him back to more closely resemble the original Cole.

Delsin I'm mostly fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom