• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch Scrapping Infamous 2's Cole MacGrath Model.

V_Ben said:
I Liked him, but I'm interested to see what they do to update his old design. We may end up getting the best of both worlds.

Yeah, that's what I am feeling and hopefully that's exactly what happens. If not, GODDAMNIT GIVE ME PREORDER KEY TO USE BOTH SKINS!

We already have too many Jason Statham stuntman rejects in the gaming industry so hopefully if they are reverting, they change a couple of things and add to it, like maybe him growing some hair and losing the goldberg goatie so that he can, you know, hide in the new city!

Owzers

Einbroch said:
Yeah, cause that's what we needed. Another shaven, gruff protagonist.

I'd take a Nathan Drake clone over a Starkiller/Mass Effect default/Hale/Mercer/fuckton of other games clone.

Bunch of whiners.

They should try for something else instead of reverting back to crap.

Dever

Banned
Keep the short hair Cole -> Wahh, looks like every other videogame character.

Give him hair -> Wahh, Nathan Drake rip-off.

Make him something completely different -> Wahh, looks weird and stupid.

Oh you, internet.

I would prefer if they made his face look a bit more like the way it was in Infamous 1 and keep the hair.

V_Ben

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Yeah, that's what I am feeling and hopefully that's exactly what happens. If not, GODDAMNIT GIVE ME PREORDER KEY TO USE BOTH SKINS!

Hell yes, give me the opportunity to play as a whole host of different coles. Hell, give me a sly cooper skin :lol

I'm not a big fan of both designs so I don't mind, but it would be nice to have the option of selecting the "extreme sportz" cole. Maybe an unlockable with some tie-in trophy?

The name's Poochie D
And I rock the telly,
I'm half Joe Camel
And a third Fonzarelli.
I'm the kung fu hippie
From gangsta city,
I'm a rappin' surfer,
You the fool I pity.

34ozmsg.jpg

roy.png

"I have to go now. My planet needs me."

JudgeN

It honestly didn't match the ton they were setting with infamous but the it was the voice actor that was the main problem IMO.

Now we are going to have gritty Cole back but with a douchebag voice.

The inFamous 2 Cole design was a result of listening to whiners in the first place. Don't act like they're giving up their wonderful creative vision in favour of focus testing. If anything they're undoing their act of giving up on their creative vision in favour of focus testing.

Ikkarus

It was rather odd to change his appearance so I'm glad they have reverted back.

I wouldn't be whining and crying for them to change it though, just thought it was rather a weird move.

Ah well, old Cole it is!

Trevelyan said:
Dear Sucker Punch,

Please don't listen to your fans. If I wanted to play as Nathan Hale again I'd go back to Resistance.

MOTHERFUCKING THIS.

If I wanted to play as another generic space bald marine I will go and play the other hundreds of games that already have him.

You're fans are stupid as shit and shouldn't have listened to him. "No he haz 2 much hair and he's not tuff enough like old Cole"

Guy Legend

Good. If it's the same character, they should look or at least resemble how they originally looked.

The new character design would have been fine for a new character.

Bizzyb

Banned
Jugendstil said:
The name's Poochie D
And I rock the telly,
I'm half Joe Camel
And a third Fonzarelli.
I'm the kung fu hippie
From gangsta city,
I'm a rappin' surfer,
You the fool I pity.

poochy.gif

roy.png

"I have to go now. My planet needs me."

We'll miss you Roy....*Sob*

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Segata Sanshiro said:
I don't need him to look exactly the same, but having pretty much no visual continuity between the two Coles was a real Darren Stevens situation.

My problem is that they were changing both the VA and the look of the character, only carrying over his powers. That's just too much of a change for me and a lot of other fans of the first game to swallow. If they had to change something, I would have preferred they change his look as opposed to the VA, but since they won't change the new VA, I'm glad they're keeping the old look.

Minamu

Mixed feelings here! I semi-disliked the new Cole and wanted the old one but it's sort of a shame that SP succumbed to the pressure really :S

Victrix

*beard*
Agree with the running sentiment of 'too much change'

It wasn't that the new design was awful (just boring :p), it was that it had no visual OR aural connection to the character you played as in the first game.

I don't know how their art director could possibly think that was a good idea. I can understand wanting to update, remake, or change the design, but divorcing it from the original is just a bad idea.

It's like they made a Sonic game where he uses guns or something, that'd just be stupid.

anddo0

Good move, but they shouldn't have changed the character model/Va in the first place. If it tied into the story arc understandable, but they changed it for no good reason. I hope they don't end up ruining the Infamous franchise, this type of indecision is cause for worry IMO.

Rapping Granny said:
MOTHERFUCKING THIS.

If I wanted to play as another generic space bald marine I will go and play the other hundreds of games that already have him.

You're fans are stupid as shit and shouldn't have listened to him. "No he haz 2 much hair and he's not tuff enough like old Cole"
Yeah, that's totally it and not that people like having some continuity with the same fucking character between games.

FOR UNCHARTED 3 THE PART OF NATE DRAKE WILL BE PLAYED BY A SHORT ASIAN MAN WITH A RICH BARITONE VOICE

edit: AND HE TUCKS IN ALL OF HIS SHIRT

RefigeKru

Banned
I thought they looked pretty similar.

He grew some hair, shaved some gruff off, took off his jacket and stopped being so fucking ugly.

Flavius

Tough to be anything but ambivalent here: neither of the character models is particularly good.

To extend the Spider-Man analogy above...it's not Red n' Blue Spidey vs. Black Costume Spidey, but rather, Spider-Man 2099 vs. Ben Reilly Spidey.

They both kinda' suck, but that's okay, so long as the game is good.

LiK

Cmon guys, that new design wasn't Cole. They shouldve made him a new character or something instead. You don't just suddenly overhaul his entire design for a sequel without explanation in the story.

I'll miss the old voice tho since that can't be changed.

SaintR

jett said:
Who wouldn't hate that ugly asshole?
I think a lil continuity is fine (but please no more wolverine x-men movie jacket) however a definite variation than the Cole Hale looka-like as mostly everyone else has been stating.

I didn't mind the new look mind you but I can see where others would be bothered by the lack of continuity

jett

D-Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Yeah, that's totally it and not that people like having some continuity with the same fucking character between games.

FOR UNCHARTED 3 THE PART OF NATE DRAKE WILL BE PLAYED BY A SHORT ASIAN MAN WITH A RICH BARITONE VOICE

But you see, Nathan Drake is an appealing, good-looking character. Not an annoying, genetically deficient and vomit-inducing creation like Bald Cole.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
Cmon guys, that new design wasn't Cole. They shouldve made him a new character or something instead. You don't just suddenly overhaul his entire design for a sequel without explanation in the story.

They should have just gone for the alternate timeline cliche.

LiK

jett said:
But you see, Nathan Drake is an appealing, good-looking character. Not an annoying, genetically deficient and vomit-inducing creation like Bald Cole.
That's what makes Cole, Cole.

Danielsan

LiK said:

Cole was sick of his ugly self and decided to get plastic surgery done.
There we go, next.

All you fucking people complaining about the old look being generic... Do you realize that the game is based on last gen tech and hair is pretty hard to do and make it look right?

"OMG he looks like every other game character! WAAAAHHHH!" Um... no he didn't. He lookd rough, gritty and ugly as fuck... which was great IMO. All you douche bros who wanted a hip asshat I'm sure are saddened by this as you don't get to play as the character you've always wanted to be but I welcome ugly bitches in games because it's different that the muscle-bound, magazine cover men in every other game. Fuck off with your cry baby rants about how old cole was shit compared to the new one. Please.

jett said:
I'd still rather have Cole look like Cole. If he doesn't look like Cole, even down to his facial structure, and doesn't sound like Cole, he's not Cole, he's Larry. Which is fine, but don't call him Cole.

RefigeKru

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
All you fucking people complaining about the old look being generic... Do you realize that the game is based on last gen tech and hair is pretty hard to do and make it look right?

"OMG he looks like every other game character! WAAAAHHHH!" Um... no he didn't. He lookd rough, gritty and ugly as fuck... which was great IMO. All you douche bros who wanted a hip asshat I'm sure are saddened by this as you don't get to play as the character you've always wanted to be but I welcome ugly bitches in games because it's different that the muscle-bound, magazine cover men in every other game. Fuck off with your cry baby rants about how old cole was shit compared to the new one. Please.

On the flip side, the rest of you trolls find it easier to associate with the grotesque abomination we used in the first Infamous.

Fake edit: I didn't actually mind the first game's character model, even if he was hella ugly. I just think the new one is better.

LosDaddie

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

:lol :lol Oh Lord, GAF would have a meltdown if that happened.

Top Bottom