• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad has only about 200 players playing the game on Steam

Dazraell

According to SteamDB, the game currently has less than 200 players with 214 being a 24-hour peak
GzB0xUI.png

Ribi

24 hr peak ≠ total amount of players daily

Why don't people understand this simple ass concept???

So called journalist my ass. I'm not saying millions are playing it but the amount of times I see daily peak used as "this is the total players" is asinine.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

So called journalist my ass. I'm not saying millions are playing it but the amount of times I see daily peak used as "this is the total players" is asinine.

That's not what people think. That peak concurrent total is terrible.

Ribi

That's not what people think. That peak concurrent total is terrible.
Oh I assure you it is. For example in 2012 Xbox360 tf2 had a daily peak of 100 players but the monthly unique players was around 30,000. They see peak players and think only 214 are playing. When in reality it's probably a few thousand unique players daily.

In fact even in this thread someone used the term "active users" lol

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Nobody is saying that.
You are arguing a point that no one is disputing.

Hell this "report" isnt even from a Journalist but you are attacking this "So called journalist".........who called them a journalist?

giphy.gif

Oh I assure you it is. For example in 2012 Xbox360 tf2 had a daily peak of 100 players but the monthly unique players was around 30,000. They see peak players and think only 214 are playing. When in reality it's probably a few thousand unique players daily.

In fact even in this thread someone used the term "active users" lol
Have you been holding that Team Fortress 2 tidbit of information for over a decade while hunting the right time to actually unleash it.......and that time is now?

300px-My_Time_Has_Come.jpg

Anyway again this has nothing to do with this thread.
The user saying active users is accurate.
That snap shot of steam current players is the number of currently active users.

Ribi

Nobody is saying that.
You are arguing a point that no one is disputing.

Hell this "report" isnt even from a Journalist but you are attacking this "So called journalist".........who called them a journalist?

giphy.gif

Have you been holding that Team Fortress 2 tidbit of information for over a decade while hunting the right time to actually unleash it.......and that time is now?

300px-My_Time_Has_Come.jpg

Anyway again this has nothing to do with this thread.
The user saying active users is accurate.
That snap shot of steam current players is the number of currently active users.
Currently active users that very minute. But people will use that to say a game is dead. Would we call a game with thousands of players daily dead?

It's a POS don't get me wrong but it's a general question.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Currently active users that very minute. But people will use that to say a game is dead. Would we call a game with thousands of players daily dead?

It's a POS don't get me wrong but it's a general question.

You are still arguing against a point no one has pressed or is standing behind.
You are having a very heated discussion with no one.

P.S Yes a game with fewer players than can sustain the servers is dead.
When you are struggling to peak over 200 after a while keeping those servers alive just doesnt make sense.
Babylons Fall was also in the low hundreds and they killed that shit.
I dont think this game will suffer a death quite as brutal as that on name alone.
But unless they turn things around somehow I dont see the server rental being renewed next year.

Black_Stride

This makes for an interesting discussion - when is the game worth saving? Good examples are FFXIV and Fallout 76, but both games were from much more important IPs than DC (sorry Warner).

Fallout 76 has always between 10 and 20 thousand peaks on Steam.
Even around launch it was holding 15 - 20000..........this game has been sub 1000 since launch.
Doesnt help that the game is 70 dollars.

They really should consider a major major price cut........whatever their content calender was, they need to accelerate that shit.

Cyberpunkd

They really should consider a major major price cut........whatever their content calender was, they need to accelerate that shit.
Is the game sustainable right now for new players though? You either need a big enough base, which takes time to build or a steady delivery of content, but that makes you commit resources up front.

I think Warner is in holding pattern, which never worked and never will. Either you commit resources and present the content roadmap and execute it to perfection or you close shop, but that requires someone signing on it.

Fallout 76 has always between 10 and 20 thousand peaks on Steam.
Even around launch it was holding 15 - 20000..........this game has been sub 1000 since launch.
Doesnt help that the game is 70 dollars.

Gamepass /PS+ release gotta do it.

Its become a trend to hate and make fun of failure of the game. At no price its gonna be successful.

They should fully update the game within a year, put an ending, then put it on all services at same time to get some cash for their next game.

Black_Stride

Is the game sustainable right now for new players though? You either need a big enough base, which takes time to build or a steady delivery of content, but that makes you commit resources up front.

I think Warner is in holding pattern, which never worked and never will. Either you commit resources and present the content roadmap and execute it to perfection or you close shop, but that requires someone signing on it.

From my understanding they were planning on doing content drops every 3 months, which is about the average for live service games.

What I find odd, is that as a solo game I think Suicide Squad is actually better than Borderlands and lasts a good 12 hours.
The co-op and RPG-lite components are way way worse though, which is why I can see such a massive drop off happening.
Once youve completed the main story assuming you actually bother to, its really not worth sticking around.
Borderlands even before you finish the game jumping into the co-op is still fun because the differnt characters have sufficiently different builds to keep it interesting and you are unlikely to find randos with the exact same weapons as you....plus the whole numbers go up thing.

If Suicide Squad was just a single player game it would likely be in a better place right now.

P.S Not sucking dick or anything, but Suicide Squad has some of the best character cutscenes in a game to date.
They are really good which is a real shame because they are stuck in such a mediocre game.

suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-seasonal-content.jpg

Gamepass /PS+ release gotta do it.

Its become a trend to hate and make fun of failure of the game. At no price its gonna be successful.

They should fully update the game within a year, put an ending, then put it on all services at same time to get some cash for their next game.

Yeah.
PS+/Gamepass and probably give it a permanent price drop and a free weekend on Steam at the exact same time, maybe players stick around and spend on microtransactions or buy it outright on steam.
Problem is, with a free weekend you could actually complete the game do some side content.......and pretty much be at your fill of the game as it is in the current state.

Base Destiny was also a ~12 hour game but even after a free weekend you always wanted more.

Toots

Gold Member

"When first I heard rock steady
Thrilled me to the bone
When I talk about rocking steady
You need a baby for your own"

I mean if you replace "heard" by "play" and add "sweet" and "inc" somewhere in the last verse you can argue Bob Marley predicted it all. What a prophet.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This makes for an interesting discussion - when is the game worth saving?
When the studio believes the additional effort will right the ship.

A game as unpopular as Suicide Squad is likely going to need a ton of effort & resources to turn it around. They're almost certainly better off scuttling it and starting anew.

LordCBH

OOOOOF

But given how bad the joker season apparently is I’m not shocked.

Hey Warner, you fuck heads, thanks for ruining Rocksteady by making them work on this shit for a decade while running off all the good people from the studio.

These brave soldiers could fight the 300 Spartans.

This game is beyond salvation. Shut it down, fire the people in charge at Rocksteady, and tell the others the next will be their last chance before inviting them to embark on a new career path.

FeralEcho

These brave soldiers could fight the 300 Spartans.

This game is beyond salvation. Shut it down, fire the people in charge at Rocksteady, and tell the others the next will be their last chance before inviting them to embark on a new career path.
The founders already left this sinking ship long before this garbage dump was released.They saw the writting on the wall.

The ones that need firing sadly can only fire themselves,which they never will,as they are the ceos of the publisher that always meddle in things they have 0 fucking clue about. Warner Bros can eat shit and die already!!! Worst publisher in gaming at the moment.

Three

You are still arguing against a point no one has pressed or is standing behind.
You are having a very heated discussion with no one.

P.S Yes a game with fewer players than can sustain the servers is dead.
When you are struggling to peak over 200 after a while keeping those servers alive just doesnt make sense.
Babylons Fall was also in the low hundreds and they killed that shit.
I dont think this game will suffer a death quite as brutal as that on name alone.
But unless they turn things around somehow I dont see the server rental being renewed next year.
S/He's referring to the title of the thread. The title gives the impression that 200 people play it on steam or 200 are playing currently. Neither is true but from the content of the first post it's clear it's daily peak CCU.

Black_Stride

S/He's referring to the title of the thread. The title gives the impression that 200 people play it on steam or 200 are playing currently. Neither is true but from the content of the first post it's clear it's daily peak CCU.

At the time the snap shot was taken.
Around 200 people were playing the game. (171 to be exact OP was actually being generous)
So the thread title and the OP are correct.

KiteGr

That's 199 players to many!

They hired woke activist consultans,
...sent away the actual fans and talents behind the old games,​
...made a sexist game,​
...made it a soulless generic 3rd person looter shooter,​
...insulted the IP by cannonikaly and mokingly killing the old protagonists,​
...insulted the dead,​
...insulted the fans,​
...filled it with microtransactions,​
...filled it with hated pre-order bonuses,​
...failed to delivere the early access,​
...released it buggy,​
...bursted people's anger bubble behind the Woke agenda and predatory games,​
...insulted the IP some more by adding a gay Joker (if a pregnant Joker wasn't enough),​
...underdelivered it's first DLC,​
...(reserved for future failures)​

In the game's name is a very easy Joke to be made...
I think they called it "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League" knowing it would metaphorically mean all that...

Three

At the time the snap shot was taken.
Around 200 people were playing the game. (171 to be exact OP was actually being generous)
So the thread title and the OP are correct.
To me looks like OP was referring to the peak with that rounding but it isn't important. My point is that the person you're arguing with is saying more than 200 people play it on steam because that's how they're reading the title: "Suicide Squad has only about 200 players playing the game on Steam". Not inferring "at this moment in time".

Last edited:
I guess a drop in numbers is usual with almost all games, and the numbers were not great to begin with.

As far as I remember Warner seems to still think they should try (or even focus on?) GaaS even after Gothan Knight and this, while Hogwarts and all Batmans did probably a lot better. At least Wonder Woman will also still be SP? I hope this will be better and does better in sales. From what I understand Suicide Squad was like Avengers also an okay sp game. Selling it as such might have worked better for both and be cheaper to make when omiting any effort to make more out of it than they are truly able to do.

Top Bottom