• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best OP Overall - Sword Art Online
Most Hype OP - Muv-Luv
Catchiest OP - Jinrui

Best ED - Binbougami-ga!
ED Most Improved by Linkin Park - Sword Art Online

Branduil

fait accompli~

ibdr4WOoVhz1aA.jpg

duckroll

SAO OP2 will be the best. I believe. Even though I don't even know the song they'll use, or the singer, or any idea what the OP is. I choose to believe. FAITH!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Am I allowed to judge yall's choices? I sort of want to...

SAO OP2 will be the best. I believe. Even though I don't even know the song they'll use, or the singer, or any idea what the OP is. I choose to believe. FAITH!

Wtf? Seriously? Where does this faith come from? I thought you hated the show. lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You know what, new OT, so let's just make it an open question: what are your favorite opening/ending themes from this season so far? New OP/ED from shows continuing from spring count as well.

Right now, for me, it would probably be Make My day! (Binbougami ga OP) and Kimi ni Matsuwaru Mystery (Hyouka ED2) as the frontrunners, with too many runners up to list.

edit: herp derp you said season, not year *erases list*

in that case, I really just like the Jinrui ED and nothing else.

I think this one is catching, I find myself still following the background music and the vocals even when it ends, and I love how it plays in the preview.
Mostly it's just the end shot of the five of them walking out of the hangar accompanied with the music that does it for me. It just captures the spirit of Muv-Luv's Western sensibility so well.

I half expect to see Bruce Willis in that line-up.
Ugh. In all honesty, I thought it was fairly bland/average.
Your opinion is bland/average.

The visuals are generic, but the song works with it to make it awesome.

Defuser

Mayo Chiki 1-2

it's okay. The whole
boy being allergic to girls is off putting. I find the whole idea that the little sister being in love with the butler (who is secretly a girl) is ok but I do like the idea of 2 factions battling secretly in the school.
I will continue to watch.
Should have done a second season. The LN is completed and it would have a perfect chance.

Go_Ly_Dow

Persona 4 True End

Animation wasn't the greatest, but apart from that it was a very satisfying conclusion. I love how they implemented all the elements in so it would make sense in anime form.

What more could you ask for? ;_;

Bro's 4 lyfe!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mostly it's just the end shot of the five of them walking out of the hangar accompanied with the music that does it for me. It just captures the spirit of Muv-Luv's Western sensibility so well.

I half expect to see Bruce Willis in that line-up.
Your opinion is bland/average.

The visuals are generic, but the song works with it to make it awesome.

The song isn't that great either imo. It's better than average. Also, thanks for the compliment! ^_^

Branduil

"I like Rise from Persona 4 way too much. I just want to hold her head, well not her decapitated head, but, you know, her living head still attached to her body and just cradle it to my chest the way one might hold a championship bowling ball or newborn baby, and just smell her thick, beautiful hair, just that, you know, that amazing shampoo-y smell that girl's heads have, you know what I'm talking about? Just let that fill my nostrils and *inhales deeply* YES, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE-"

There are a total of 3 KYH. One is Black Lotus. The other is normal real world KYH. The last is butterfly KYH. Take your pick. Or put them in order from best to least.

Real world KYH is completely outclassed by real world Sky Raker and Aqua Current.

Black Lotus is ugly, I mean she has no hands, and etc, what was her subconscious thinking?

Butterfly KYH is the best iteration.

"I like Rise from Persona 4 way too much. I just want to hold her head, well not her decapitated head, but, you know, her living head still attached to her body and just cradle it to my chest the way one might hold a championship bowling ball or newborn baby, and just smell her thick, beautiful hair, just that, you know, that amazing shampoo-y smell that girl's heads have, you know what I'm talking about? Just let that fill my nostrils and *inhales deeply* YES, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE-"

ibcZHCJPxUBqUd.gif

Soma

Persona 4 Anime True Ending

iPpaFwcE4wWei.jpg

"I've seen some shit."

Please. Please. Please.

Let the Persona 3 Movie(s) get better treatment than this.

Aside from the QUALITY I thought it wrapped the story up pretty okay. The
Groundhog day
thing was a pretty nice implementation and I liked the fight scene during the middle even if it did include the inferior Velvet Room sister. The fanservice was nice as always and if there's one thing I have to commend the show is that it's definitely a faithful adaption of the game. Just as a show itself... it's so ugly. :|

i think rise in P4 is just average ... i don't hate the character or something just that she is way too average ..Yukiko & naoto are just so much better

You know what, new OT, so let's just make it an open question: what are your favorite opening/ending themes from this season so far? New OP/ED from shows continuing from spring count as well.
Sword art online OP
Joshiraku OP & ED
Campionne OP
Oda nobuna OP
Accel world OP1
Accel World OP2 & ED2
Kokoro connect OP

Yep these are all fine songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom