• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Nice to see Woofy is on the SNAFU bandwagon. Now he can be
miserable with the rest of us as we play the waiting game for years because of that S2 end and that selfish Yui..

Enjoy the ride Woofy.

I mean I'll finish it but I wouldn't necessarily call myself miserable once I do. You're speaking to a guy who has waited for George RR Martin to finish books and for Megaman Legends 3 to release.

I can't even imagine Shenmue fans right now, though I'm sure they're ecstatic right now.

While I'm still waiting for HL3

As I said earlier I was going to watch Inside Out today, having been dragged into it I didn't really know what to expect. Folks said it would be okay to post my impressions on it since there seems to already have been talks about it. I liked the movie a lot, and this is coming from a guy that hasn't seen a Pixar movie in quite a while. Tell me all you want that this is for kids, but I don't quite think so. Are all recent Pixar movies like this in terms of tone, without really feeling like they are made for children specifically? The animation and visuals were beautiful, emotions (lol) run deep all throughout the entire thing. We didn't need tissues, but whenever something sad happened, we felt it deep in our hearts aha.

Tl;dr go watch it with your significant other, friends, kids, whole family really. It is really good and quite the emotional ride.

miserable with the rest of us as we play the waiting game for years because of that S2 end and that selfish Yui..

Enjoy the ride Woofy.
Yup. We'll keep your seat warm don't worry.

Gbraga

Great write up, I can't imagine what it's like for all you people who watched Non Non Biyori when it aired and had to wait this long to see the sequel come to fruition, nostalgia is probably the best word for it. Super happy to see the girls back.

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get to experience it yourself, once we get Non Non Biyori Revengeance.

Chaos Dragon Episode 1
tumblr_nqxkuex1NR1qbq5g5o1_500.gif
tumblr_nqxkuex1NR1qbq5g5o2_500.gif
That was a great start. The cast are good, the action was intense and epic, and the character designs are really lovely. Ibuki will definitely become really good I think. I hope Kai does too.

Cornbread78

Non Non Biyori has been in my Crunchy queue for about 4 months now, I might have to give it a shot when I'm done Barakamon finally.

NON NON BIYORI STARTED TODAY? YOO

Enjoy the ride Woofy.

Fuck Yukino

Is there a version with better subs?? On Hulu maybe? I loved the show aside from the fact that every once in a while it would make no damn sense. And the way that occasionally the main female characters were treated a little like normal harem anime female characters even though the show was clearly smarter than that. (Mostly in season 2.) But overall I really enjoyed it, would watch again at some point with better subs.

I'm not sure who else was streaming it legally but looking at screenshots on Reddit on other places of fansubs cleared up a lot for me. I think CR went with the literal translations so even though they were technically correct, it didn't make sense in context. From the looks of it fansubs were more blunt about things.

Basically if I didnt read analysis and look at comparison screenshots I would be so lost in S2.

Look what came in the mail today:

GEJH93W.jpg

Also came with both of the soundtracks. Special gift was the Ofunehiki flag, which is kinda cool.

Cant wait to revisit this world again.

Cornbread78

NON NON BIYORI STARTED TODAY? YOO

Fuck Yukino

Wait Yuki did nothing wrong other than being shy and wanting a moment for herself. Yui is the one... wait, Woofy hasn't seen this part yet, Yui is a qt..

Khuubay, wasn't wrong and all that, but Yui wasn't and she even admits it...

Arcadius

Banned
Thanks! Hopefully you'll get to experience it yourself, once we get Non Non Biyori Revengeance.

I guess it's weird, but in a way not so weird; since I've been watching so much anime, filling my brain and heart with so many people, experiences and everything, rewatching Non Non Biyori today was definitely a nostalgic trip for me, the OP made my eyes water, hehehe and there are so many great moments in the show, it's no wonder why it's another AOTF. Though I imagine it's entirely different for everyone else here.

Non Non Biyori has been in my Crunchy queue for about 4 months now, I might have to give it a shot when I'm done Barakamon finally.

This is a crime Cornbread.... a travesty, a sin..... just all around awful. NNB should be the next thing you watch, asap. Then once you're done watching, you can join the rest of GAF in exploding in happiness for the rest of the season.

Gbraga

Given the Repeat in the title and how the first episode played out, it's also possible that this season will take place during the same year as the first one, but with different events, isn't it? After all, the first season didn't cover every single day of the year.

It would also work perfectly with the series' pacing, it's more about the moments than the overall progression.

Arcadius

Banned
Given the Repeat in the title and how the first episode played out, it's also possible that this season will take place during the same year as the first one, but with different events, isn't it? After all, the first season didn't cover every single day of the year.

It would also work perfectly with the series' pacing, it's more about the moments than the overall progression.

Yup that is most definitely a possibility. It'll work both ways and the first episode really showed that it could work out too. It'll remind me of Hidamari Sketch so much if it does go that way.

Cornbread78

This is a crime Cornbread.... a travesty, a sin..... just all around awful. NNB should be the next thing you watch, asap. Then once you're done watching, you can join the rest of GAF in exploding in happiness for the rest of the season.

Hey, cut me some slack, I can only watch so many things, lol. I've watched over 80 seasons/series in the 6 months I've been watching anime! I'll get to it later this week, I'll be back on the Full Moon O Sagashite bandwagon as well. Barakamon is this week or next, I have to finish season 2 of Tu Love Ru, then start Darkness. Soooo much to watch, lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol, but it was a ton of fun and Fino is a cutie and was great in the show..
1425161340777.jpg

The OVA/Episode 13 was way over the top though. They could have at least held back on dissolving the little sister's clothes. That shit makes me uncomfortable.

Fino having a nip-slip wardrobe malfunction makes about no sense given that her Demon Lord outfit clearly has no actually way to cover them anyways.

Tuck

Chaos Dragon Episode 1

That was a great start. The cast are good, the action was intense and epic, and the character designs are really lovely. Ibuki will definitely become really good I think. I hope Kai does too.

Eh don't think I agree. Animation was nothing special, and the cheap CG dragon looked horrible. Also I hate the main characters hat. That female villain was pretty cool, and some of the character designs were neat.

Eh I dunno, maybe Ill give it another episode.

Wait Yuki did nothing wrong other than being shy and wanting a moment for herself. Yui is the one... wait, Woofy hasn't seen this part yet, Yui is a qt..

Khuubay, wasn't wrong and all that, but Yui wasn't and she even admits it...

Dude I am so confused

Hey, cut me some slack, I can only watch so many things, lol. I've watched over 80 seasons/series in the 6 months I've been watching anime! I'll get to it later this week, I'll be back on the Full Moon O Sagashite bandwagon as well. Barakamon is this week or next, I have to finish season 2 of Tu Love Ru, then start Darkness. Soooo much to watch, lol.

Forget about TLR. I would space Barakamon and NNB away from each other since they both give off similar kinds of genuine fuzzies. I'd suggest watching NNB so you can follow along S2 and stash away Barakamon until you watch a series of bad shows you need a break from.

Gbraga

Jitsu wa, watashi wa was actually kinda cute. Damn, I keep watching stuff hoping it'll be bad enough for me to drop it in the first episode. This season is too stronk.

Opening: It's not my favorite TLR OP but I still consider it to be quite good.
Ending: Absolutely wonderful. Already a contender for my personal best ED of the season.

BUY THE BD'S FOR UNCESORED NIPPLES

mqoaq2r.gif

Panties and bra shots are OK though.

Maybe.

I don't think they've decided if they want to censor those.

Even though there were like over 15 instances of seeing them.

I should know.

I was counting.

Arcadius

Banned

Hehehehe, I know you're busy and all, but you must have seen the Non Non Biyori hype right?

Oddly enough, I know you post a ton more than I do and it always seems like you're watching a lot more than I am, but it looks like I'm actually watching a ton more content than you..... Half the time and almost the same amount watched... this is bad for me isn't it.....

Jitsu wa, watashi wa was actually kinda cute. Damn, I keep watching stuff hoping it'll be bad enough for me to drop it in the first episode. This season is too stronk.

The source material is loved by Manga-gaf (expect Wonzo who hates it to death), just the changes to the overall art style is the biggest cause of concern.

ibyea

Banned
Time of Eve 2-6 End
Short and sweet series on human/robot interactions. Every episode always has that one small twist that sort of changes perspective on character motivations. Mainly episodic dealing with different characters each episode, but there is a small serial element to it that in the end doesn't matter a whole lot. It does leave you wanting more but in terms of the two human protagonists Rikuo and Masakazu, their stories are complete.

Actually I am... 1
Looks pretty cute with a pretty varied cast from the looks of it. It is kind of charming to have the protagonist that emotive

Cornbread78

Dude I am so confused

Forget about TLR. I would space Barakamon and NNB away from each other since they both give off similar kinds of genuine fuzzies. I'd suggest watching NNB so you can follow along S2 and stash away Barakamon until you watch a series of bad shows you need a break from.

I was just saying Yukino did nothing wrong to get the hate, lol.

Alright, but if I keep putting off Barakamon I'm going to get bullied soon, lol.

Cornbread78

Hehehehe, I know you're busy and all, but you must have seen the Non Non Biyori hype right?

Oddly enough, I know you post a ton more than I do and it always seems like you're watching a lot more than I am, but it looks like I'm actually watching a ton more content than you..... Half the time and almost the same amount watched... this is bad for me isn't it.....

Yeah, I saw the hype, but I still have no idea what it is, lol. I'll jump on it soon, so I can follow along, but I'm trying to do the same thing for TLRU.

Lol, your passion for it is outstanding, lol. Quality> Quantity when it comes to posting. I need to hold back more than I do now and post less from my phone, lol.

Edit: watching ep. 1 of NNB on break now.. Blue Spring Ride is on hiatus for now, although it's pretty pleasant to watch.

Arcadius

Banned
Yeah, I saw the hype, but I still have no idea what it is, lol. I'll jump on it soon, so I can follow along, but I'm trying to do the same thing for TLRU.

Lol, your passion for it is outstanding, lol. Quality> Quantity when it comes to posting. I need to hold back more than I do now and post less from my phone, lol.

Edit: watching ep. 1 of NNB on break now.. Blue Spring Ride is on hiatus for now, although it's pretty pleasant to watch.

*Gasp*!! You really think my posts have some quality to them?! big hugs Cornbread, big hugs!

Yessss, go Cornbread go! You'll love NNB for sure, I think it's hard to dislike.

Cornbread78

*Gasp*!! You really think my posts have some quality to them?! big hugs Cornbread, big hugs!

Yessss, go Cornbread go! You'll love NNB for sure, I think it's hard to dislike.

There is people who don't like Non Non Biyori? Do you guys not have a heart?

Lol, I have no idea what I'm watching right now, but it is cute. Yes Ren-chan, you live in the boonies, lol.

Just finished ep. 1 (extra mins on break, oops, (it's my first night back in a week, lol) The show has an interesting aura and ambiance to it. I can see why people say it's so peaceful and happy. It's just a straight slice of life series, huh? I wonder how the plotline goes for it, but yeah, the OP alone makes you want to float around in the air.

Saudades

Prison School NSFW Hana Magazine Poster http://i.imgur.com/olZBek9.jpg

Fuck you, Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu J.C Staff. Like WTF, who thought it was a great idea to give Hana cowtits. You fucking have Vice President, Mari, or even Chiyo to show off their big boobs. So why did you have to give Hana cowtits? For marketing, yeah fuck off. Hana never had boobs this big, fucking character design ruined. 😡

End of rant. Honestly why do they have to ruin a perfectly good character design by adding unnecessary shit?
Jeez Louise calm down. How about you see the actual footage of the show (that was already posted a few times over the last 2 days) instead of a promo poster (which is drawn for a pretty fanservice-y magazine)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHU-QbRHS_Q

And then there's the character design:

Quasar

So Animelab added even more new titles (To Love Ru amongst them). Now they are up to 20 current titles for the season. Really quite impressed by how much they are doing so quickly.

Arcadius

Banned
Lol, I have no idea what I'm watching right now, but it is cute. Yes Ren-chan, you live in the boonies, lol.

Just finished ep. 1 (extra mins on break, oops, (it's my first night back in a week, lol) The show has an interesting aura and ambiance to it. I can see why people say it's so peaceful and happy. It's just a straight slice of life series, huh? I wonder how the plotline goes for it, but yeah, the OP alone makes you want to float around in the air.

Yeah, Non Non is purely slice of life goodness with great comedy, closest thing to "plot" are the "plots" that occur per episode, but it's episodic and things of that nature. The OP is one of my all time favorites.. it's simply amazing and brilliant. Episode 3 is really really funny, first time I watched it, I was in tears from laughter. (Well, a part of Episode 3).

Akagami Shirayuki-hime 1

Holy fuck I thought I was watching something out of a Disney Movie, this feels unreal.😮 The background art felt like something out of a Disney fairytale. The setting itself felt magical and fantasy like. When Shirayuki was walking in the woods I thought Bambi was about to pop out of nowhere or a flock of birds just start singing. The episode itself was really good, like I loved it immensely. Shirayuki seems like a strong female lead, I mean see did slap the Prince plus I love how she's a herbalist. Zen himself seems like a good confident kind of character, I liked his charismatic personality. His friends Kiki and Mitsuhide were enjoyable as well. Also hot damn at that cut where the Prince Raji was overreacting, the animation was so good it felt like something out of Disney with the facial expressions. How can I forget about the OST because man was it brilliant it just made the show even feel like something out of Disney.

I know I'm comparing this to Disney a lot but godamn does the series feel so similar to a Disney Movie. Props to Bones for doing a great job because this episode was really good. Hopefully they continue the great job. Seriously though more people need to watch this series because the first episode is one of the best this Season.

The Ancient Magus Bride
Vpk2dTA.jpg

Man after seeing the first episode of Akagami Shirayuki-hime it made me want a anime adaption of The Ancient Magus Bride even more. Just imagining a competent Studio bringing the magical setting alive makes me so excited inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom