• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

80AhZpU.gif

i don't think i'll watch the second season unless i have to.

oh boy...

I really quite liked it. Was pretty annoyed to see tne manga turn into shonen rubbish.

Mailbox

pretty sure tusr just hopes all this "work" will eventually be rewarded with a Platinum Mad tag :^)

making seasonal threads isnt enough to warrant a tag

rip

The ultimate pain would come from someone else in this thread getting that tag.
That would be something else.

I really quite liked it. Was pretty annoyed to see tne manga turn into shonen rubbish.

with the exception of the witch fight and the last 2 episodes (jeez that school is fucking racist. and they don't change at all. Like, COME ON!) every episode was the exact same. Horribly formulaic where the formula was barely interesting. The self-referential and 4th wall breaking bits (especially that fucking bat) did not work at all.

B.O.O.M

Unless you have a very strong aversion to blood, this death would have been very satisfying if you knew what that character did.

Also, Overlord is a freaking light-novel?

It's too good to be a light-novel!

I actually read some of the LN..it's pretty entertaining. But then again I'm biased..I LOVE Overlord.

This episode, as expected, was pretty kick ass!

So, I have to ask.

Is anything actually selling this season? I don't know where people go to actually look at what's selling, but I know people on this forum do.

I doubt the things I wish would sell, Overlord, Gangsta, Shimoneta are going to.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, I have to ask.

Is anything actually selling this season? I don't know where people go to actually look at what's selling, but I know people on this forum do.

I doubt the things I wish would sell, Overlord, Gangsta, Shimoneta are going to.

Japan is too busy playing Splatoon.

So, I have to ask.

Nothing from this season has really released their BR/DVD volumes yet, only Working S3 has, which had a decent/good debut.

So, I have to ask.

Overlord and Gangsta hasn't been released yet. Shimoneta has sold less than 3000. How much less is unknown yet :p

So, I have to ask.

No show that started this season is projected to sell a notable amount of discs, and the couple of shows which have had their first volume released so far confirm that projection.

Nothing from this season has really released their BR/DVD volumes yet, only Working S3 has, which had a decent/good debut.

Even on its own terms, ~5000 discs sold is mediocre at best. When you take into account the large drop from the 10K+ sales of S1 and S2, it's a pretty bad showing.

So, despite enjoying some different quality anime this season, they're all basically dead in the water? Excuse me, I'll be over there...

tumblr_mz1rd0mNxP1t3apmto1_500.gif

Man, we're never gonna get a sequel to D-Frag either.

Unless you have a very strong aversion to blood, this death would have been very satisfying if you knew what that character did.

Also, Overlord is a freaking light-novel?

It's too good to be a light-novel!

I don't know what deceive you. It's so clearly not a LN.

Maybe it was the part where the MC is trapped in a MMO.
Maybe the part where it's all full of descriptions of spells and abilities of the MMO.
Maybe it was the MC being super powerful, something totally not seen in a LN before. Maybe the repetitive nature of the story where common people are amazed of their godlike powers.
Maybe it was the bland fantasy setting without any distinguishing feature.
Maybe it's the almost null character growth.

Totally not a LN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom