• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord 9
Some pretty cool fights. Ains just flat out not feeling the flames and
hugging Clementine to death
was pretty cool as well as Nabe's disgust being pretty well animated

I'm having too much fun with Danganronpa Another Episode. Or else I'd join you all on our last moments here. I guess I will see you all on the other side.

Sölf

Unless you have a very strong aversion to blood, this death would have been very satisfying if you knew what that character did.

Also, Overlord is a freaking light-novel?

It's too good to be a light-novel!

I will probably switch over as soon as the anime ends.

Unless you have a very strong aversion to blood, this death would have been very satisfying if you knew what that character did.

Also, Overlord is a freaking light-novel?

It's too good to be a light-novel!
Overlord still has a lot of blatant light novel traits. Out of the light novel series lately, the only one that really doesn't have many light novel traits is Rokka imo

jonjonaug

Overlord 9
This might be the most violently awesome death we see all year boy and girls.

Spoilers for volume 3 material:
The last few episodes should adapt volume 3, which so far out of the translated material is the most gruesome and pure trash of the entire series. Literally half the book is just describing vicious murder and the other half is RPG talk nonsense.

Cornbread78

So true. So many good people die here. Sigh....

Ha19DMf2TW12Bv0AA-Hy-dL1pWTGoLYbRavBkdpUY_juob7RKrnQS44P4JGgNH4jePzaCez2CmoyhXaa9O7Z4p8Tc9tY7BR-EV1zIlG1_i_JXEW2sPJF4cMv-G7dGrQs77hGaS8

I'm already getting bored with Metal Gear Farcry, so maybe I'll switch over to this already.
I can safely say it's one of the best looking Vita games so far. Plus it oozes style on how it tells a story through anime cutscenes, "Danganronpa death video" style and the in-game models. I'm actually so glad I went in blind. This game is fantastic.

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.9
The MGS bits were funny and times perfectly with it's launch today. Episode was just ok, but pretty funny at least and Darling continues to be an MC with a little sac at least, lol.

javac

Although it's funny that the things on the picture hold true, and it does get a chuckle out of me, I still feel sorry (not sure if that's the right word) for visionaries in the industry, especially in anime when it comes to people trivializing what they do and watering down what they accomplish into images and memes. 2deep4u. Its all good fun, and I doubt that they care or know, but some people genuinely think the likes of Anno and Oshii are hacks for lack of better word, which makes me sad. If those guys are mocked and laughed at, what the hell am I? Oshii is a beast. I guess I admire them to much, but they've really shaped a lot of my world when it comes to entertainment. I guess it's the notion that no matter what you do, people still brush you off makes the whole thing feel futile but I guess a lot of creatives do it for themselves and not for the admiration and acceptance of others. This isn't directed at you obviously, I'm just self wallowing at my insignificance.

Narag

Ghost in the Shell
A+ etc.

Yeah, shame the NA BD has the crushed blacks. Doubly hilarious to see the complaints about the UKisms in the subs too when, upon viewing, they're confined mostly to the garbage truck scene and consisted of "ringing" someone, a "rubbish truck," and "mither."

javac

Sentai Artwork:
GLASSLIP Complete Collection [Sentai]
Release Date: 11/3/2015
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
M4UFYeN.jpg

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Season 4 [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
iTLZTN2.jpg

He is My Master: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
J7TM89X.jpg

blurr

Urobochi's inclusion doesn't give you low expectations, too?

Why would he? he worked on the first season after all which was great. Not just that show, I've seen his other works too (Suisei no Gargantia, Madoka and Fate/Zero).

Aldnoah was disappointing of course, he only worked on the first three episodes which weren't all that great but there's nothing much one can say about a show from the first three episodes either.

So yea, I can't really lower my expectations over just that.

Shimoneta 9

After 2 duds we get a good episode. Anna has gone further off the deep end with her obsession with Okuma and it's fun to watch. Obara has a few good moments as well. Can't say the same for Kosuri however, who can be best described as a try-hard annoyance.

Still we're starting to reach the climax. Let's hope it doesn't blow it's load too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom