• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
t07MZIa.png

Seeno… NeoGAF FIGHTO! Another season is upon us and oh boy does it look like we have more fun is store, so much so, there’ll be no reason to go out, no matter how sunny it may get. Once again, conversation for all anime, old and new, is welcome. If you're uncertain what to watch just give us a shout, we're willing to help!

And remember, piracy is bad. Don’t link to illegal steams, torrents file sharing sites or whatever. Also fansub discussion is not OK.

UuswWjP.png

AqSydwP.png

Name: Avilio アヴィリオ
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hometown: The City of Lawless
Hobbies: Drinking water

I’m Avilio and it’s currently the prohibition era so no drinking on my watch! ^_~ I’m from a lawless district where illegally made liquor pollutes the streets. After a run in with the meanies from the mafia I went into hiding, but I can’t let that keep me down. Thanks to a mystery letter I finally got the motivation to get my revenge on those who did me wrong! I hope I’ll amuse you and make you laugh.​

Name: Hikari Kohinata 小日向 光
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hometown: Yokohama
Hobbies: Diving

Hikari here! I live near the ocean and spend most of my time diving. On my first day of high school, I met a teacher who also likes scuba diving. I also have a classmate, Futaba, who I’ve managed to drag along after meeting her. I hope I can get as many fans as there are fish in the sea! Aman-chu~!​

Name: Guts ガッツ
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hometown: Midland
Hobbies: Boats

I’m Guts, also known as the Black Swordsman, also known as the Idol Master. I was betrayed by the man I thought was my best friend, the land if filled with loads of icky monsters and my one love is scared of me. However, against all these odds, with my strength and sword, I’m going to aim to be number one!​

Name: Allen Walker アレン・ウォーカー
Stream type:
if51RD4.png

Hometown: Somewhere in the UK
Hobbies: Exercising

From the Exorcists organisation straight to your hearts I come. With my cursed eye and anti-akuma (mechanical weapons made by the wicked Millennium Earl) arm weapon, I’ll spread my gift of “Innocence” to everyone. No one, not even the Millennium Earl, will bring destruction to this world on my watch. After all, I can’t let my fans get hurt.​

CGzlsm0.png

Name: Souma Yukihira 幸平 創真
From: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate 食戟のソーマ 弍ノ皿 (Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara)
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hobbies: Cooking, titillation

I’m a first year at the famous Tootsuki Culinary Academy. I’ve been training to cook under my father since the age of three. I thought I was going to take over the family restaurant but to my surprise one day he suddenly closed it and sent me here to train further. My skills have taken me far and it’s tournament time and although I’m through to the next round I lost to Akira Hayama by just one point! But I’ll make sure that’s the last time I’m ever beaten by anyone, including my father!​

Name: Seishuu Handa 半田 清舟
Stream type:
if51RD4.png

Hobbies: Calligraphy

I’m calligraphy genius Handa. You may have heard of me from Barakamon, even though I don’t know what that is yet. To be honest, I don’t really like attention. People keep coming up to me and challenging me and I really have no idea why. I’d just like to live the quiet life. Hopefully I don’t lose my cool and punch an old man in the future.​

Name: Takami Chika 高海千歌
Stream type:
if51RD4.png

Hometown: Numazu
Hobbies: Idols, Singing, using F.L.U.D.D.

Hello! Uh… I’m the second-year student at Uranohoshi Girls' High School and leader of Aqours. Though that’s only because I came up with the idea first. Our school is in danger of closing and that’s when I remembered what my favourite idol group, μ’s, did. That’s why I started Amours. By being school idols we can hopefully also save our school. I dream that we can one day reach the heights of μ’s. Remember, always follow your dreams, even if it means walking off a cliff because you are at least taking one step towards it. Please lend us your support!​

Name: Urara うらら
Stream type: ???
Hobbies: Motion capturing

I’m Urara, and with my friends Hanabi and Idaho we’re going be making a “live anime” using the latest in 3D technology! It’s going to be about magical girls, but we want you to help us make it a success. Together we can make the most popular anime of all time!​

0ZXwzM1.png

Name: Kageyama Shigeo 影山茂夫
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hometown: Spice City
Hobbies: Bending spoons

Kagemyama’s the name, but you can call me Mob. I’ve got psychic abilities and while I’ve been able use them from a young age I like to withhold them due to all the negative attention it attracts and just try to live a normal life. My power is linked to my emotions which is why I try to keep it cool cos if it spills over who knows who could get hurt and we definitely don’t want that. I’m gonna give it 100%!​

Name: Suzukaze Aoba 涼風 青葉
Stream type: ???
Hobbies: Videogames

I’m Suzukaze Aoba and I’ve finally graduated from high school and joined a games company, Eaglejump, as a 3D artist. They’re not just any old games company though, but one where the person who designed by favourite childhood game works at! Even though I’ve graduated people still treat me as a middle schooler though. >:T​

Name: Naho Takamiya 高宮 菜穂
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hobbies: Writing letters
Favourite colour: Blue

Naho here and well… it looks like I received a letter from myself from ten years into the future. I know that sounds impossible, but the letter described perfectly what happened to me today, including the transfer of a new student called Kakeru Naruse. She, well I, er… this is so confusing… the letter asks that I can make the right decisions because she has many regrets, but even more shocking is that I’m being told that Kakeru will not be around in ten years! I better watch over him closely.​

Name: Kaizaki Arata 海崎 新太
Stream type:
zICBjuj.png

Hobbies: NeoGAF

Hi… I’m Kaizaki and I’m jobless. It’s a tough world out here for a man looking for a job and it feels like all hope is lost as I’m failing every interview I get. But then a miracle appeared before me in the form of Yoake Ryou of the ReLIFE Research Institute. He’s offered me an experiment drug that will make me a 17 year old again (but only for a year). Now I can relive the high school life I’ve always dreamed of!​

For more information on what is showing this season please check out AniChart for a full season breakdown.

rFSAfol.png

Below are the times for all simulcasts. All times are UTC+00:00 - This will be updated as more simulcasts are announced.

Monday
10:25 - Puzzle & Dragons X
if51RD4.png

15:00 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen -Mirai hen-
if51RD4.png

16:00 - Mob Psycho 100
zICBjuj.png

17:35 - D.Gray-man HALLOW
if51RD4.png

18:05 - Taboo-Tattoo
zICBjuj.png

18:35 - Amaama to Inazuma
zICBjuj.png

Tuesday
15:00 - Servamp
if51RD4.png

15:30 - Cheer Danshi!!
if51RD4.png

15:55 - Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu
zICBjuj.png

17:35 - Scared Rider Xechs
zICBjuj.png

Wednesday
15:00 - Tsukiuta
if51RD4.png

16:00 - Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume
if51RD4.png

Thursday
14:00 - Regalia - The Three Sacred Stars
if51RD4.png

15:30 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen -Zetsubou hen
if51RD4.png

17:58 - Handa-kun
if51RD4.png

18:35 - Binan Koukou Chikyuuboueibu Love! Love!
if51RD4.png

Friday
14:30 - Momokuri
zICBjuj.png

15:30 - Berserk
zICBjuj.png

16:30 - Amanchu
zICBjuj.png

17:05 - Tenkyou no Alderamin
zICBjuj.png

17:55 - 91 Days
zICBjuj.png

23:00 - Time Travel Shoujo
if51RD4.png

Saturday
14:30 - Love Live! Sunshine!!
if51RD4.png

15:00 - Hatsukoi Monster
if51RD4.png

15:00 - Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
zICBjuj.png

17:30 - Qualidea Code
zICBjuj.png

18:00 - Rewrite
zICBjuj.png

Sunday
09:00 - Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu
if51RD4.png

15:00 - Tales of Zestiria the X
if51RD4.png

16:00 - orange
zICBjuj.png

16:30 - Active Raid Second
zICBjuj.png

16:30 - Fukigen na Mononokean
zICBjuj.png

18:35 - Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
zICBjuj.png

23:05 - Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
if51RD4.png

Other
All episodes available right now - ReLIFE
zICBjuj.png

- Crunchyroll
- Funimaion
- Daisuki
[url=http://www.crunchyroll.com/simulcastcalendar]Source 1
[/url] Source 2

For a full list of times in your local timezone check out Senpai Anime Charts.

KBfdsqH.png

[thread=1240683]Berserk 2016 Anime |OT| Prelude to the CGI Boat[/thread]
[thread=1241593]Orange (anime/tv) |OT| A Plea From the Future[/thread]
[thread=1241572]Rewrite (anime/tv) |OT| Key VN transformed into beautiful anime once again[/thread]

vWSHSht.png

91 Days please be at least ok.

I don't want my first shitty attempt at an OT to be for a crash and burn show. Please so ridiculous revenge-aru it's funny. Or actually be good. I mean the latter would be preferable.

KraytarJ

DanganRonpa is almost upon us, truly a time to behold.

Maybe the season won't be full of disappointments like spring was.

Hey the wall of shame for the last thread is surprisingly low if we go with the 100+ posts cut-off

Code:
Cornbread78	201
Line_HTX	149
hosannainexcelsis	132
Narag	103

zeJeJ9H.gif

ReLIFE 1

This was better than I anticipated. The animation is merely average, and the backgrounds are simple by Pablo standards. But the direction is surprisingly sharp and snappy, and there's some really good editing on display. I appreciate the attention paid to making sure scenes flow smoothly into each other, as for example cutting from Arata chugging a bottle of alcohol at the drinking meet-up to Arata chugging a bottle of water as he drunkenly stumbles down the street. The music is also quite good, both in its chamber jazz style and in how carefully coordinated it is with the on-screen action. The music is nuanced so as to shift to match whatever mood is occurring at the moment, and there is judicious use of silence to enhance the comedic timing. If this level of quality keeps up, it should be a pleasant show.

Eumi

Ahh, a whole new thread. Can't wait to shit it up when Danganronpa starts and inevitably ruins the series. Somehow.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WTF THERE'S A NEW D. GRAY MAN ANIME!?!?!?!?!

I'm so happy

Damn BGBW you have surpassed yourself here. OT is excellent, you've got tons of imagination to come up with a quirky, fun way to present this season's stuff.

KdwC2kg.gif

Here's to another season of
shit
anime!

Cornbread78

Awe yeah... New home baby

Good job on the OT as usual.
you can go to sleep now buddy, lol

Please post in the Rewrite a d Orange OTs, lol.

anime-couple-anime-gif-hyouka-kawaii-Favim.com-3193937.gif

Hamst3r

I finished watching all of Initial D earlier today, with the exception of the newer movie trilogy. It's a really good series. Finished Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou too, which was also really good.

So I'm picking Yakitate!! Japan back up now. 22 episodes in and I'm pretty into it. GOOD GRAZING!

Also, I have one of those Crunchyroll guest pass things if anyone wants it.

Thoraxes

From our pal WTK:

- A Town Where You Live Blu-ray (license announced in AX '15 but BD wasn't announced)
- Galaxy Angel Blu-ray
- Martian Sucessor Nadesico Blu-ray (includes Gekiganger and the movie)

Coming soon:
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91

Char was announced earlier in June, Utena was announced last year at AX,

Nadesico BD is new though. They previously had DVD rights.

tuffy

Coming soon:
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91
If it's coming soon, 0080 must be a DVD. Pretty sure that's not out on Blu Ray in Japan yet for whatever reason.

Gvitor

Soma, Mob Psycho, D. Gray-man, reLife, rewrite, Orange, Sweetness and Lightning, berserk and reZero for me. I expect to drop at least 3 of these as far as 3 episodes in.

Here we go.

From our pal WTK:

- A Town Where You Live Blu-ray (license announced in AX '15 but BD wasn't announced)
- Galaxy Angel Blu-ray
- Martian Sucessor Nadesico Blu-ray (includes Gekiganger and the movie)

Coming soon:
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91

Char was announced earlier in June, Utena was announced last year at AX,

Nadesico BD is new though. They previously had DVD rights.

No Gundam Seed or Wing is depressing.

Thoraxes

Right Stuf, Inc. and Sunrise Inc. are excited to announce that the following Mobile Suit Gundam sequel series titles will be released in the coming months: Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket, Mobile Suit Gundam F91, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, and Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Afterglow of Zeon.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket will be released on DVD in late 2016 featuring English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Mobile Suit Gundam F91 will be released in early 2017 on DVD and Blu-ray featuring English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in early 2017 featuring English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Afterglow of Zeon (also known as The Last Blitz of Zeon) will be released for the first time ever in North America on DVD and Blu-ray in early 2017 and will feature Japanese audio with English subtitles.

More.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Just came over the wire that Aniplex of America got Kiznaiver AND Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom