• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUMMER LESSON |OT| Only seven days to max out your social links

Gemeanie

I hope this is not the case but just thought I should point out in very very rare circumstances the publishers decide to release only Chinese version on HK/TW while only English version on SEA, eg: SRW The Moon Dwellers, Yakuza Zero (in this case only Japanese version on SEA PSN)

miku

Finally bought PSVR today!

Don't think I have time to play Summer Lesson or set up the PSVR though

Anyone have good easy guide on how to set up PSVR?

raven777

I saw how her drawing of my face looked like
CvCYc4wVUAAQORx.jpg:large

Mendrox

So it's totally playable without being able to read Japanese, correct? I understand it quiet a bit, but I cannot read at all. I play imported games since over 10 years so trial and error my bread and butter.

raven777

So it's totally playable without being able to read Japanese, correct? I understand it quiet a bit, but I cannot read at all. I play imported games since over 10 years so trial and error my bread and butter.

it's a bit hard to get good grades if you can't read Japanese. There are 3 options that pop up each time and you have to choose the right one to get maximum score. Other than that, it's not hard to play.

miku

https://youtu.be/wW8tPJQhNHo
That's part 1 of 3, other two videos are on their channel.

I used this. Videos are only 2-3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1npIGhYqMk

Thanks! I'll check it out later!

I saw how her drawing of my face looked like

Hikari-chan has great drawing skills

When there's a will, there's a way

nsfw
7cfd50074a.jpg

source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29842806

lmfao, his persistence had me in stitches.

lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Got a B on my first summer lol

Everything looks blurry for some reason... can barely read the texts... maybe I didn't set up my PSVR correctly...

Its not your headset. Its literally just how the game is. You can even see the resolution switch when it starts up.

"Maybe" the PS4P will fix that. But no way of knowing for now.

miku

Sourcecode

Neo Member
Summer Lesson's resolution is really low, even compared to other VR games.

I honestly think it's a draw-distance thing rather than resolution; when you (virtually) put your face really close to something, it becomes amazingly clear and detailed, but it gets out of focus quickly as you back away. I believe the "soap opera" effect is by-design, as it would be an effective way of prioritizing visual detail of close things the player is likely paying active attention to while reducing the processing load needed to handle background things and ensuring the smooth & lifelike movement never hiccups due to resource overhead.

Just my guess though :)

Of course, there are a few things that are completely illegible no matter how close you are, like the phone pic she shows you, and the text in her notebooks. Also, the bubbles in her phone's text-message thread are actually blank. But you can read both the Japanese and English sides of her flashcards perfectly if you get close enough, as well as the titles on the spines of her manga collection, the LCD readout on her AC remote-control, the song title on her phone screen during the earbud scene, and a lot of other stuff.

miku

Nice! Any tips?

Sorry, forgot to check back this thread. You basically chooses the best option during the lesson in order to increase the highest amount of stat points. The higher your teaching lesson level, the more stat points you gain. Max level for the lesson is 30, so you just need to keep replaying it over and over again to increase your level. Recommend going for the first 3 lessons since that's what I choose lol. Here are some best/good options I marked down. It's not complete but good enough to reach max stats and best ending. You also need to use those conversation cards to reach max stats, but don't use it until 3 of your teaching lessons are around lv.25~30. Hope it helps!

読み解き

Best
- 名著を読み解く
- 全力で教える

Good
- 音読しながら
- 短時間で集中する
- イメージしながら
- 波の音を流す
- アロマでリラックス
- 論理的に教える
- 読書して脳を鍛える
- 瞑想して雑念を払う
- 栄養ドリンクで短期決戦

ロジカル思考

Best
- 筋道を立てて考える
- 論理的に教える
- 全力で教える

Good
- ゆっくり確実に
- ノートに書く
- 短時間で集中する
- アロマでリラックス
- 読書して脳を鍛える
- 瞑想して雑念を払う
- 栄養ドリンクで短期決戦

暗記

Best
- 素早く反復
- イメージしながら
- 物語仕立てで覚える

Good
- ノートに書く
- 音読しながら
- 短時間で集中する
- 波の音を流す
- アロマで集中力アップ
- とにかく厳しく
- 魚料理を食べて脳を活性化
- 瞑想して雑念を払う

Alexlf

Sorry, forgot to check back this thread. You basically chooses the best option during the lesson in order to increase the highest amount of stat points. The higher your teaching lesson level, the more stat points you gain. Max level for the lesson is 30, so you just need to keep replaying it over and over again to increase your level. Recommend going for the first 3 lessons since that's what I choose lol. Here are some best/good options I marked down. It's not complete but good enough to reach max stats and best ending. You also need to use those conversation cards to reach max stats, but don't use it until 3 of your teaching lessons are around lv.25~30. Hope it helps!

Awesome, thanks!

SHarris78

Guys I'm stuck right at the start !

What are you supposed to do when she pops her head around the door and an icon appears on screen?

Zenaku

Yes, no improvement whatsoever. Maybe when they patch in new content they'll throw some pro code in there too.

ffs Bandai Namco. I already payed for the short experience. How about free updates? 2 new situations and 6 costumes for 15$. No.

This is Scamco, after all. They've released literally over $1500 worth of DLC for some Idolm@ster games, and I don't mean $1500 combined.

jobrro

Hoping a Pro update comes with the DLC. I knew the game would be short but sort of replayable a few times, but the resolution is really low on base PS4. They mentioned it on the GiantBomb stream but I didn't really believe them because they were sort of down on PSVR in general. Yeah it looks pretty rough IQ wise but I think the Pro could make it look nice.

Still had a great sense of presence despite the resolution.

Tomorrow we will find out I guess.

Still won't buy tomorrow's DLC anytime soon, but might one day depending on price to content ratio. Saw the preview but would rather GAF impressions on whether it is worth. Also I would like to complete the base game before moving on, will be working on my Japanese in the mean time.

I don't know if it's the DLC or just the game update, but I hope you folks have brushed up on your Japanese. There's now a LINE-like app on the phone and you're supposed to chat with Hikari every morning about various subjects, like getting caught with her friends vandalizing something or stealing home at softball practice. It definitely takes me longer than just picking up by listening or translating a single sentence for actions.

Vexii

So apparently Summer Lesson has now been officially trademarked in the West. No idea if this means anything, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of a western release.

That being said, if I can just buy the Asian English version using my Japanese account, that'll be fine. How does the work?

So apparently Summer Lesson has now been officially trademarked in the West. No idea if this means anything, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of a western release.

That being said, if I can just buy the Asian English version using my Japanese account, that'll be fine. How does the work?

You wouldn't be able to. Unless the Asian English version is just the same game as the Japanese version, in which case both would have sub options, you'll need to create an account for HK or something.

In other news, the third DLC came out today. It's called "Day Out" and I guess you have a lesson at a seaside shrine. The price is 1490円.

Top Bottom