• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive in next months EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that Insomniac was also tired of Sony throwing their games out and allowing them to bomb, maybe MS made a promise to actually push this title, It's a shame that Sony threw R3 out without a single fuck given.

Maybe because I was never really all that interested in the Resistance games, I can't honestly speak to how they were marketed, but if there's one thing it seems to me that Microsoft always did a pretty damn good job of, it was in marketing their big releases.

I can see them giving Sunset Overdrive a pretty solid marketing push.

Wonder if we'll be getting a full fledged campaign or something akin to Titanfall's. I'm hoping for the former.

Yea, this part has me interested. It could be a dead rising, infamous style game where there's a full on campaign. Then again, I always saw it as being a humor driven, more stylized version of the division, but with parkour and wall running also. I guess I'll have to see.

Maybe because I was never really all that interested in the Resistance games, I can't honestly speak to how they were marketed, but if there's one thing it seems to me that Microsoft always did a pretty damn good job of, it was in marketing their big releases.

I can see them giving Sunset Overdrive a pretty solid marketing push.

Except Alan Wake :(

So I revisit the thread and all I can see is IP owning bickering. Eh?

Sorry, but when this thread consists of nothing but anticipation until Thursday, you can't blame the conversation for visiting things vaguely peripheral to speculation about what Sunset Overdrive is.

And on top of that, it wasn't bickering, and it did not monopolise the conversation.

Anywho, I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. I'd like to get an Xbox One at some point this generation, and this title sounds like it could be cool to me.

Bsigg12

Every time this thread is bumped I think someone got the magazine and is posting details. It's always sad to see that's not the case.

Except Alan Wake :(

Didn't that game see like a mini TV show of sorts? Still, I don't think I remember the marketing push being very big on television.

full-fledged campaign/story/single-player game

This pleases me.
mqdefault.jpg

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
This is easily my most anticipated Xbox One exclusive. I've been a fan of Insomniac throughout the years, and their PS3 stuff was hit or miss, ranging from B+ (Ratchet: Crack in Time, Resistance 1) to D- (Resistance 2, and all their spinoff Ratchet titles).

The teaser for Sunset Overdrive looked really unique and reminded me of a Dreamcast-era arcade game. I hope they deliver on that teaser, and am glad to see them working on a new IP.

I don't know what the hell happened to Insomniac at the last part of last-gen, but they really did churn out a massive dud with Fuse. And their titles have always looked "generic" even though that word is overused. But this looks great and seems to be doing something many games aren't.

I suspect the agreement will be similar to what they used to have in place with Gears. If the first one does well, Microsoft has the option to publish the next one.

I think the story premise is that some big corporation screwed up really bad with some product they released, and it had an adverse effect on the population.

I wonder, Jstevenson, you say there's a full fledged single player campaign and story, does this also mean the main character has voice acting and specific story dialogue? Or is it just some non speaking character you can customize however you wish like in the Elder Scrolls games? Does the main character have a name?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I think the story premise is that some big corporation screwed up really bad with some product they released, and it had an adverse effect on the population.

I wonder, Jstevenson, you say there's a full fledged single player campaign and story, does this also mean the main character has voice acting and specific story dialogue? Or is it just some non speaking character you can customize however you wish like in the Elder Scrolls games? Does the main character have a name?

ask me that question on Thursday. I'll answer then :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
When is the next issue of Edge out? I hope that there's actual screens of Sunset Overdrive and not just concept art.

someday

Banned
full-fledged campaign/story/single-player game

I am officially intrigued. I stopped being interested in Titanfall the moment they said no single-player. This could be the game that makes me buy an Xbone. I don't know what the hell the game is about but it just looks different from everything else out there.

Yeh but they let it die going up against RDR without putting the same marketing behind it, but hopefully they position QB a bit better

I don't remember Red Dead having a whole lot of marketing behind it either. I had only heard of it shortly before its launch and I remember discussion that it was the sleeper hit of that year. Alan Wake was just very unfortunate that it it came out that same week but I don't remember anybody at the time saying it was being put out to die.

ask me that question on Thursday. I'll answer then :)

Oh, now you're just teasing, but you have me very exited. Obviously more excited for one outcome over the other, however. :)

I'd prefer if the main character could talk, had lines of dialogue as part of a story, and just plain has a personality of some kind as opposed to just being a customizable character you have control over. Not like I wouldn't enjoy the game otherwise, but that would be much preferred. A character with no real personality is one of the things I didn't like much about Crackdown, for example.

New website and twitter account up

Say hello to Fizzie :)

Tgswo6Mq_400x400.jpeg

Some info from the site

capture3kjvg.png

Fizzco was founded in 2007 by Rupert F. Kane, the visionary behind several revolutionary products such as Easy-Peasy shelf meats and MuffinTopps cereal. Fizzco's vision is simple: craft the best damn beverages on Earth. Their premier product, UNTZ, achieved that. It's the planet's most popular drink with over 20-billion cans consumed a day. But, never one to settle, Fizzco's now prepping to revolutionize the liquid industry once more with its xtremophile-infused OverCharge Delirium XT.

sexburger1.jpg

Sexburger

Fizzco cares about your poor self-esteem. So, if you're feeling a little unattractive, be sure to stop by SexBurger, where every meal comes with a free side of sex appeal. No one cares about the size of a stomach when there's a juicy, double-pounder with cheese in it. So, slap on a condiment and dive in.

brewery1.jpg

Agua Mofeta Brewery

Aqua Mofeta is Sunset City's premier brewery. It prides itself on its many rare and virtually unheard of lagers. When you stop by, be sure to try customer favorites “October Sunset Brisk Breeze Autumn Crop Duster Wheat” and “My Ex-Girlfriend Amber.” Watch as the Friday night rush turns into the Saturday morning stumble!

cafe_fizzco.jpg

Cafe FizzCo

When Fizzco decimated the coffee industry with its premier product UNTZ, they knew they had to establish their own roadside café chain in order to satisfy the world's craving for artisan-crafted, premium-priced caffeinated beverages. Be sure to visit the store that started it all! It's the perfect place to almost start that screenplay!

sasquatch1.jpg

Sasquatch 'n Friends Family Fun Center

Locally owned and operated, Sasquatch & Friends has become a Friday night hotspot for people who love okay pizza and overly-fogged laser tag. Featuring 90+ arcade machines to choose from, you'll never get bored or decisive. You can practically live there! It's fun for the whole family. And maybe some people with no family.

jet1911

The Content Channel
Who doesn't love consuming content? Content is the soul of humanity, so come see where the most popular content is distributed to great content consumers like you! Come learn how our top team of Fizzco statisticians is able to determine exactly what content consumers will want to consume next. Plus, you might even catch a glimpse of Fizzie!

Hahaha!

Bsigg12

buck.png

Buck National
Buck National, famed host of the hunting show "Buck National vs. The Animal Kingdom," will be signing copies of his special, "Buck National vs. Healthcare."

Sogood.gif

Launch events happening at early as June 9th (E3), leading up through 8/30. Perhaps a September release is in the cards? They have been very adament about launching this year.

And damn, that site and twitter account are on point already. I would so buy a plushie of Fizzie.

hawk2025

I dob't quite like the six character designs as much as Fizzie, but I want to see it in action first.

I really, really hope that this franchise blows up to Ratchet levels and beyond for Insomniac.

Bsigg12

02: By viewing the Site, you are required, by law, to inform at least two living humans about the benefits and great taste of OverCharge Delirium XT. Failure to do so within 48 hours of site-viewage will result in up to 17 years of incarceration in a federal prison.

This game is going to be amazing.

Kajiba

Sasquatch N' Friends family fun center. Lol.

I'm guessing four of those pictures are the maps that we'll get to play

Daemul

This game man, it looks so fricken awesome, The parkour seals it for me. After Titanfall I want more games with such freedom of movement. The stiffness has to GTFO.

EDIT: Woah I'm finally a member. I made it ;_;

new thread worthy?

(also, lots to find on that site!)

Indeed it should be! Time for us to start hunting :p.

(Please let there be plushies of Fizzie to buy!)

This game man, it looks so fricken awesome, The parkour seals it for me. After Titanfall I want more games with such freedom of movement. The stiffness has to GTFO.

EDIT: Woah I'm finally a member. I made it ;_;
Fizzie must have pulled some strings!

hawk2025

So if I'm understanding this right, the drink gives you superpowers, but it's also the conglomerate responsible for taking over the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom