• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset TV in-game message to reviewers

jesu

Going by his post history he really likes Driveclub and Destiny, 2 games which are known for their diversity of gameplay.

OT: I like what they're doing with the Sunset TV stuff, any time devs can keep games engaged post end-game it's a good thing.

Ah that explains it then.

Lucent

Going by his post history he really likes Driveclub and Destiny, 2 games which are
known for their diversity of gameplay

LOL!

Man I haven't played Drive Club (waiting for them to give up the PS+ version) so I can't say much about it. But it's a linear racer so I guess I don't really need to. You kinda know what you're in for.

But yeah so disappointed in Destiny. Just waiting for them to somehow reboot it or something. Only way I'll come back.

This game gives me Jet Set Radio feels though.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
LOL!

Man I haven't played Drive Club (waiting for them to give up the PS+ version) so I can't say much about it. But it's a linear racer so I guess I don't really need to. You kinda know what you're in for.

But yeah so disappointed in Destiny. Just waiting for them to somehow reboot it or something. Only way I'll come back.

This game gives me Jet Set Radio feels though.

Yep and I played the shit out of that game. There looks to be plenty of content here to keep you playing, especially if they can keep adding things to do post release like they are promising.

Salz01

This and a future Gears are why I would buy and Xbox. Interested to see how this turns out. Sony shouldn't have let Insomniac get away from them.

You obviously haven't played their last few games. Which, from what I remember, didn't sell that well.

Yet I still have the first ps3 ratchet and resistance. They were their best efforts. ACIT, I thought was overrated.

FinKL

I don't get that impression at all. Its just more "we realize this is a game, let's poke fun at ourselves and have nothing serious here" humor.

This is exactly what I felt and it's refreshing to see this type of thing. Last time I felt that way was Blood Dragon, it was so over the top, but was fun to smile every once in a while

JABEE

Sounds like a parody of Review Kits that give you all kinds of instructions on how to write your review. I wonder if there is a real review kit with Sunset Overdrive.

Really, it's just a joke.

D i Z

After watching 2 hours of gameplay, all i was left with were fond memories of Rockstar's State of Emergency. I'm not going there again.

p3tran

Banned
SUCKSET OVERHYPE!!!!

I'm downloading your ass, as soon as master chief collection finishes downloading all those gazillion of lazy-developer gigabytes of patch!

Hopefully that will be before you launch, fuka!

:D

Toparaman

Banned
Damn this game is purdy. Not really a fan of the tone, but maybe kids will like it.

In any case, I hope the game does well. We could use more colorful new AAA IP.

petghost

Banned
Man the whole turn of the century pop punk listening, attitude having xtreme humor of this game seems like a really weird blast from the past... It's like Tony hawk underground or something. Thought that shit died.

Really strange.

Sober

lol, that is pretty good.

Those jump cuts are the most obnoxious thing ever though. Can people not speak more than one phrase at a time to a camera anymore?
The jump cuts make sense with the tone of the video, unlike most youtube vlogs where I'm sure most vloggers just jump cut because they keep fucking up so they record one sentence at a time and stitch it together.

Sounds like a parody of Review Kits that give you all kinds of instructions on how to write your review. I wonder if there is a real review kit with Sunset Overdrive.

Really, it's just a joke.

That's really not how a review kit works. It's not a "you should use this sentence to describe the combat flow".

It's just a glorified manual and sometimes "please don't spoil x, y and Z please".

HeliosT10

Love the plan to update players about events via Sunset TV once the game is out, hadn't heard of that before.

Nice one jstevenson and anyone else from Insomniac who might be keeping tabs on this thread!

Eggbok

This and a future Gears are why I would buy and Xbox. Interested to see how this turns out. Sony shouldn't have let Insomniac get away from them.

Isn't there a rumor that Insomniac will be at the Playstation Experience in December or something like that? If true they didn't get that far away lol.

Tegernako

Banned
joke or note, any sort message from devs to reviewers to not use some terms or words in the reviews is just a bad idea.
Well, someone had to take it seriously.

It's an M rated game. It may be colorful but it is not meant for kids.
You can remove gore and cuss words. It may not be to bad for the teens.

Isn't there a rumor that Insomniac will be at the Playstation Experience in December or something like that? If true they didn't get that far away lol.
They have always been an independent studio haven't they?

Going by his post history he really likes Driveclub and Destiny, 2 games which are known for their diversity of gameplay.
Gee, I wonder...

I don't really see how it's "trying too hard." I usually never understand that comment when it's used in other scenarios either.

Typically it is used when people are obviously intent on being seen as funny, clever, or cool but are failing in part do to the contrived nature of of their methods.

For example, a bald, middle aged guy wearing a leather jacket and driving a convertible is trying too hard.

He wants to be cool, everyone sees that he wants to be cool, but he isn't cool and his overt attempts are all the more pathetic as a result.

OT: this isn't really an example of trying too hard. Its more like a good natured wink to reviewers.

Saganator

Seems like the hype for this game tanked. Looks fun and I like the not so serious tone. No plans on buying an Xbone, though.

Seems like the hype for this game tanked.

I guess. I kinda wish they were releasing next year to have more space to themselves, but I guess they know what they're getting into. Besides, the big hype behind nearly every big title this year has ended up not living up to it by release, so a relatively under-the-radar big release could prove to be fine on that level.

HereticJ

This and the MCC really make me wish I could afford an Xbox One. It would be the first time in my long history to get all three major consoles before any single one really drops its initial price (ignoring the Kinect stuff).

I am pretty glad Insomniac left Sony if this is the game they ended up making compared to Resistance and the post-PS2 Ratchet titles. The industry desperately needs funny games and goofy open-world stuff is right up my alley.

ironcreed

Banned
Pre-loading as we speak. This is exactly what I need to balance out all of the other 'serious' games that I will be playing.

Darksol

I like the pretty colours and the gameplay seems okay, but their attempt at humour is just cringe worthy to me.

Saganator

What makes you say that?

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I just don't really "feel" it? I remember the E3 thread people were all over this game, a system seller. Maybe it is good it's under-hyped, as another poster pointed out, all the super hyped games have been a let down, for me and a lot of people anyways. I hope it's really awesome and makes me want to get an Xbone, but I really don't see that happening.

Tegernako

Banned
I like the pretty colours and the gameplay seems okay, but their attempt at humour is just cringe worthy to me.
I can see that...but to me it seems the humor isn't literal. It sort of seems like it's cringy and all that on purpose.

Or maybe we're just having fun.

;)
Nice XD

Good reviews or not, this game will flop super hard, which is sad really :\
How much did your time machine cost?

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I just don't really "feel" it? I remember the E3 thread people were all over this game, a system seller. Maybe it is good it's under-hyped, as another poster pointed out, all the super hyped games have been a let down, for me and a lot of people anyways. I hope it's really awesome and makes me want to get an Xbone, but I really don't see that happening.
Whoa! Did you just take a contrary position on something Xbox related and civilly explained your views without insulting Xbox owners or the game itself?

Top Bottom