• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

From what little I've read about BOTW, it seems far too big and long to be a good LP. It's not like they're gaLm, a youtuber/streamer I like, who usually uploads 5 to 8 30-50 minute long videos a day. Shit would take forever to finish. It's LP poison, and not the fun kind like Reboot or Omikron.
I'd do something like streaming four hours of it instead of just sitting and recording a four hour section to be partitioned into half hour chunks. Do it once a week, bam. Easy numbers

Sylas

I'd do something like streaming four hours of it instead of just sitting and recording a four hour section to be partitioned into half hour chunks. Do it once a week, bam. Easy numbers
This. It's a weirdly compelling spectator game--though I think that also might be because you can point at something and tell the person playing to go there. It might not be terribly fun for streaming. I dunno. A lot of the appeal could be in finding something other people haven't while live on stream.

Fat4all

Banned
Am I misremembering or is Woolie doing waaaay better than before in this last THUG episode?

He's not terrible when it comes to tricks in a specific area.

His weakness has always been navigation while skateboarding.

Usually when you play THUG you spend a good amount of time in a specific area before doing enough missions to move on, finding secrets and the hidden tape, etc. Since Woolie is just kinda blazing through, he rarely gets the opportunity to get used to an area and find the best way to navigate it from mission to mission.

Syder

Holy shit at Woolie's "build"...

Does he know he's deliberately making the game much harder for himself? I think his experience with playing literally every other Souls game has carried him to Ornstein & Smough but this has to be the ceiling for the "build" he's using. I can't see him getting past O&S with fatrolls and useless weapons and the game gets infinitely harder from this point.

...and is there even any point in complaining about Pat's "advice"? He has to be doing this on purpose right?

Does anyone watch the compilations of old playthroughs that spookycookies has done? I find myself putting them on just as much as current LP's these days.

Fat4all

Banned
gL4vZsK.jpg

Mattley

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Does anyone watch the compilations of old playthroughs that spookycookies has done? I find myself putting them on just as much as current LP's these days.

Just talking about it made me want to rewatch the Yakuza 4 comp, and it's great. I swung over Strimel, I really want a Yakuza 0 playthrough now.

KRaZyAmmo

This scrublord is very classic scrublord without Pat and Liam. I bet Pat's grounded.

Edit: Also you guys were right. Omikron also killed me when rewatching the LP. I shouldn't have done that.

driggonny

Banned
Are they going to do another Amazing Super Friends Month or is that just what they call playing super hero games now so that it sounds like they're doing something different from just playing another game? :p

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I honestly adore table top games like this and I am glad we're getting some from Woolie. That internet program looks really cool, and game looks fun, I'll check it out and see if my old DnD group is interested.

Or if any gaffers here want to uh, maybe check it out maybe i dunno...

Matsukaze

I love tabletop games, so I wouldn't mind seeing a SBFP version of Critical Role (and yes, I know I'm in the minority here :p ).

I want to see the joy on Matt's face when he inexplicably rolls 20 after 20. I want to see the tears stream down Pat's face when his min-maxing amounts to jack shit. And I want to see the frustration on both their faces when Woolie takes 20 minutes to make up his mind about what he wants to do on his turn. The best vid (and by best, I mean so bad it'd be good)! :)

I honestly adore table top games like this and I am glad we're getting some from Woolie. That internet program looks really cool, and game looks fun, I'll check it out and see if my old DnD group is interested.

I know people use Tabletop Simulator for a bunch of games, that's about all I know.

Archgan

I would be open to maybe checking it out. I don't have too much experience with table top, though. I do have Tabletop Simulator.

Top Bottom