• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Frimaire

I can't believe how fucking quality everything on Woolie's channel is.
That said, I hope it's not too long until the next Tablelords...

Disgraced

I know, right? It's amazing that it's consistently high quality content without a single miss yet.
I mean, in Tablelords the audio (which is pretty damn important for a tabletop show lol) is all over the place, but I can forgive it since they're just starting out. Otherwise, I agree.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
It should be noted, Woolie basically said it was because Billy came in as an editor so it freed up a LOT of time for him apparently. I guess editing for their two videos a day was actually pretty time-consuming despite popular opinion.

Matsukaze

I can't believe how fucking quality everything on Woolie's channel is.
That said, I hope it's not too long until the next Tablelords...
Don't fall for it.

This high level of quality is only a ruse to lure us all in. Then when we least expect it? Eclipse. Behelit. Woolie sacrifices our hopes and devotion to become Shitlord of the Abyss.

Disgraced

It should be noted, Woolie basically said it was because Billy came in as an editor so it freed up a LOT of time for him apparently. I guess editing for their two videos a day was actually pretty time-consuming despite popular opinion.
Well of course it's time-consuming. It's just that that a lot of videos were just... bad. And there was a near absence of trimming basic excess (i.e. long second treks in Souls or something like it)... which shouldn't take that long, usually. In fact, it might save time if you can identify the bad footage and cut it immediately... instead of carefully checking to make sure all of it's working and uploading all of it. Source: I have edited videos in my life. Videos of gameplay, even.

MrHoot

I think having listened to them for a bit (Pat considers Trudeau a hero, and listening to the latest cast with Satch, Woolie and Matt which was REALLY good) i don't have much doubt on their leanings so I don't need a confirmation.

But seeing people condemn this kind of shit, mostly people close to people like JT would be nice. Sadly TB and Boogie decided to go the Eric Sparrow route

Strimei

Oh boy, what is it now? The boogie thing?

While I realize this is part of "the problem" of things, I kind of like that there hasn't been any real political stuff from the Zaibatsu. I feel like its infesting damn near everything I like lately, I like having an escape.

Yeah it's been a massive shitshow with youtubers this week.

I'd hold my breath on them mentioning any of it though, just never been their style (for better or worse.)

Friday cannot come quick enough, I'm fiending for Nier!

Edzi

This week has been kind of eye opening. In hindsight, it makes sense that a bunch of man children who make video game content on youtube wouldn't have the most sophisticated/mature views, but at the same time I'm almost certain the best friends aren't like that. I wouldn't worry too much about them if I were you guys, they're almost certainly good people just based on what we've seen of their personalities (which is quite a bit over the last few years tbh).

Fat4all

Banned
On the other hand, I considered Jontron a really swell dude for a long time.

He was a GG supporter back when it first started, and then backed off after GG'ers started harassing and SWATing people, but he never denounced them.

That has always been in the back of my head.

He just kinda let it fade from memory a bit.

Fat4all

Banned
With JT, it all started immerging again with the combo of the Women's March after the inauguration, and the PDP stuff a bit ago. But even before that Jon would be snide on Twitter occasionally, and loosely used "nigga" for comedic purposes.

I think it's always been there for Jon, he just never let the full crazy out until now.

With JT, it all started immerging again with the combo of the Women's March after the inauguration, and the PDP stuff a bit ago. But even before that Jon would be snide on Twitter occasionally, and loosely used "nigga" for comedic purposes.

I think it's always been there for Jon, he just never let the full crazy out until now.

I gotta wonder why though. He must have known he would (rightly so) get his ass blown out for it.

Edzi

I gotta wonder why though. He must have known he would (rightly so) get his ass blown out for it.

Jon has always been incredibly obnoxious, and most importantly, stupid. After about a year of watching him and Arin on Game Grumps, I grew to really dislike both of them (though for different reasons).

FlowersisBritish

Honestly, those saying "let the Zaibatsu be liberals!" really kind of miss how liberal people exist on the internet. Yeah, it'll be fun for a minute, but there will be a moment because there always is where they slip up and we'll get a thread where people go "Well I liked them for a minute but I guess they're shitbags now and if you like them you're also the devil" There always is in super liberal communities like this forum because if you're not on the current spot of the progressive curve then you're awful. And I am pretty sure the best friends are somewhere bellow the proper spot with all their awful jokes.

I really like how they avoid politics for the most part because the whole is the person making this secretly awful or is this piece of media I'm really enjoying racist/problematic/making me an awful person yada yada is so fucking tiring for me on some days (like lately) and I just want to enjoy a place free of that worry. I don't care if the Best Friends and me align politicly, I just don't want to talk politics with them. I just want to talk about video games and dumb shit like the Punisher turning black!

Honestly, those saying "let the Zaibatsu be liberals!" really kind of miss how liberal people exist on the internet. Yeah, it'll be fun for a minute, but there will be a moment because there always is where they slip up and we'll get a thread where people go "Well I liked them for a minute but I guess they're shitbags now and if you like them you're also the devil" There always is in super liberal communities like this forum because if you're not on the current spot of the progressive curve then you're awful. And I am pretty sure the best friends are somewhere bellow the proper spot with all their awful jokes.

I really like how they avoid politics for the most part because the whole is the person making this secretly awful or is this piece of media I'm really enjoying racist/problematic/making me an awful person yada yada is so fucking tiring for me on some days (like lately) and I just want to enjoy a place free of that worry. I don't care if the Best Friends and me align politicly, I just don't want to talk politics with them. I just want to talk about video games and dumb shit like the Punisher turning black!

I mean, I get why you want to keep everything separated, but there are certain things that would be worth knowing for context reasons. Like if the content creator is a massive homophobe, transphobe, racist, etc.

If the SBF ever turned out to be anti-LGBTQ, I don't know how I could rationalize supporting them. Not that I think they could be, I've never heard them express any anti-LGBTQ sentiment at all.

Exodust

Banned
EDIT: ^ LOL Laura Kate Dale was on their podcast a few weeks ago

Jon has always been incredibly obnoxious, and most importantly, stupid. After about a year of watching him and Arin on Game Grumps, I grew to really dislike both of them (though for different reasons).

I always dislikes Jon mostly because I found him to be an annoying moron. I grew to dislike Arin a bit since realizing his humor isn't really my thing and my annoyance with him being amateur game developer when he misses pretty easy cues from games got too bothersome for me. When I watch Grumps, it's mostly for Danny.

I think SBFP are clearly not your MRA types. I don't exactly understand this idea that "GAMING IS FULL OF THESE BIGOTS" when it's been kind of obvious that these type of hateful idiots exist in a lot of hobbies. Gaming being both a reclusive and nerdy hobby does help accentuate that, though.

Now back to vid talk. Man, in the latest vid for THUG I got so annoyed with Woolie when it came to gapping over the transfers. I get it, dude. You like grinding. But man it wants you to pull air moves and then manual to the other green fist. It ain't that complicated. I haven't been this annoyed with him since he shat on Prodigy and Havoc in Def Jam and then theorized later that Mobb Deep isn't in the game because of D-Mob's name.

FlowersisBritish

I mean, I get why you want to keep everything separated, but there are certain things that would be worth knowing for context reasons. Like if the content creator is a massive homophobe, transphobe, racist, etc.

Here's the thing, I don't actually keep everything separated. In fact, huge parts of my life are not separated from this stuff. My roommate/best friend routinely comes in with a new actor to add to the list of "he/she is actually super terrible and you shouldn't go to their films" I used to love Sweeny Todd but now I can't watch it anymore without feeling guilty. Roommate came in super excited to tell me Iron Fist is awful(been telling me for months and was super excited they called it) and I got super bummed because all I wanted was some cool martial arts stuff. I think the best friends are like the only thing I have where personal politics don't really play a huge role in them and I really like that reprieve in this one part of my life.

...sorry, that kinda turned into a personal rant. Been a shitty day :/

If the SBF ever turned out to be anti-LGBTQ, I don't know how I could rationalize supporting them. Not that I think they could be, I've never heard them express any anti-LGBTQ sentiment at all.

They probably aren't because they did invite a transwoman on and never called her "dude" or anything. Still, bunch of straight dudes so, like I said, they're pretty bound to say something dumb. Liam was skirting it with all the "Spag" this and "Spag" that.

It seems like an objectively poor decision as a big internet personality to come out and speak on social/political issues. Well, I guess some people's brand are built on those things but as funny game play through guy #345 it seems like a waste of time to step outside of your lane.

driggonny

Banned
They don't need to be all that political, but I do wish that they would occasionally condemn clearly awful behavior in their fan base. Like the reactions to Laura Kate Dale. But I don't mind supporting them because I feel like they seem like fairly decent people.

MrHoot

The biggest awfulness tho is the youtube comment section (i know i know, youtube comments). But for some reason there's really a recurrent segment of /pol/ assholes who always show up and they're really the fucking worst

Anung

Un Rama
That Kong video was weak as hell. Probably should have just deleted it as it felt like such a quota filler. I would have preferred if it was a Matt solo video.

Numb

So like

Maybe it would be good for SBF to come out on their affiliation.
YouTubers out here showing their asses smh
Sbf atleast know 1 black fella and the get Out discussion was eye opening in a good way

I have this mental image of Pat meeting Justin Trudeau and squealing like a schoolgirl meeting her favorite boy band.
Doesn't every body?
The memes showed this
Well every body except Obama
It's Justin acting like a schoolgirl in those

I haven't known he was GG while watching GG
Came in late with Carxy hair Dan and went back to check
Dude was shit

ShadyK54

Oh boy, what is it now? The boogie thing?

While I realize this is part of "the problem" of things, I kind of like that there hasn't been any real political stuff from the Zaibatsu. I feel like its infesting damn near everything I like lately, I like having an escape.

Basically this for me.

That Kong video was weak as hell. Probably should have just deleted it as it felt like such a quota filler. I would have preferred if it was a Matt solo video.

Would've been fine but Woolie kinda ruined it for me. Stop saying how little you care every second. I get it, you don't care, just talk about something else then, doesn't even have to be about video games or King Kong, just anything other than talking about how you don't have anything to say.

And I hope they keep politics out forever, I am confident(and everyone here that has followed them and their podcast for the past years should be as well) that they are not shitbags and I don't feel the need for them to officially come out and say "we're cool guys". I get more than my fair share of politics everywhere else and I don't need more of it from them.

ArjanN

You don't exactly have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what their political leanings are. it's pretty obvious if you listen to the podcast regularly even if they don't go into it specifically.

Top Bottom