• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Here's the thing, I don't actually keep everything separated. In fact, huge parts of my life are not separated from this stuff. My roommate/best friend routinely comes in with a new actor to add to the list of "he/she is actually super terrible and you shouldn't go to their films" I used to love Sweeny Todd but now I can't watch it anymore without feeling guilty. Roommate came in super excited to tell me Iron Fist is awful(been telling me for months and was super excited they called it) and I got super bummed because all I wanted was some cool martial arts stuff. I think the best friends are like the only thing I have where personal politics don't really play a huge role in them and I really like that reprieve in this one part of my life.

...sorry, that kinda turned into a personal rant. Been a shitty day :/

They probably aren't because they did invite a transwoman on and never called her "dude" or anything. Still, bunch of straight dudes so, like I said, they're pretty bound to say something dumb. Liam was skirting it with all the "Spag" this and "Spag" that.

OK, look.

1. I refuse to support any artist or content creator of they happen to be anti-LGBTQ. Why? Because I am part of that group, and I'd rather not give money or views to anyone that hates or debates the existence of my very being.

2. I very, very specifically said that I don't believe they are anti-LGBTQ.

Yes, sometimes you can separate the art from the artist, but there are certain points where it goes from just being an asshole, to being a hateful bigot.

And again, just to reiterate, again:

I do not believe that the Super Best Friends are anti-LGBTQ. And yes I know they had on Laura Kate Dale. It was a good episode.

convo

Oh man with Yakuza 0 confirmed for the next LP Pat will probablly want to finish that game to completion. I hope they go all out with it, the future god emperor of mankind Kiryu Kazama and the mad dog Majima Goro deserve that respect.
It was sort of sad watching Liam skip most of the finance games, he basically soul level 1'd his playthrough of Yakuza when those characters might as well be gods walking among mortals.

KRaZyAmmo

Oh man with Yakuza 0 confirmed for the next LP Pat will probablly want to finish that game to completion. I hope they go all out with it, the future god emperor of mankind Kiryu Kazama and the mad dog Majima Goro deserve that respect.
It was sort of sad watching Liam skip most of the finance games, he basically soul level 1'd his playthrough of Yakuza when those characters might as well be gods walking among mortals.
Did Liam just went to straight b line to the story missions? I didn't watch because I'm playing the game.

convo

Did Liam just went to straight b line to the story missions? I didn't watch because I'm playing the game.

I think he did at the end because none of the locks on the ability wheel were unlocked, and to be fair those side-missions to unlock them take some time and he has a schedule to follow so i don't blame him. Pat better unlock
forth styles
for both characters. Yakuza 0 becomes a very long game when you want to do everything and power up to the fullest and i had put my all into it and still suck at karaoke and dancing.

KRaZyAmmo

I think he did at the end because none of the locks on the ability wheel were unlocked, and to be fair those side-missions to unlock them take some time and he has a schedule to follow so i don't blame him. Pat better unlock
forth styles
for both characters. Yakuza 0 becomes a very long game when you want to do everything and power up to the fullest and i had put my all into it and still suck at karaoke and dancing.
That's what I'm doing on my playthrough of it right now. Trying to get all substories and all the unlocks.

Been off these past 2 days cause of the snow storm and just another text from my boss that we're not working tomorrow either. Just wish Automata had released sooner lol.

The last THUG part was just awful to watch. Everything is just bad. I hate it. Unable to follow instructions or even super clear objective markers.
Yet Woolie can beat Ornstein and Smough on his 3rd attempt

Strimei

Dark Souls part 41 - Pat telling Woolie to warp to the bonfire outside of Gwynevere's room instead of the Dark Moon Tomb's made me clench.

Pat, the Dark Moon Tomb is RIGHT IN FRONT OF GYWNDOLIN'S ROOM.

Xux

Don't you have to show the Lordvessel to Frampt to open the gold fog gates? I know Woolie wouldn't know and Pat might've forgotten but they went to the Duke's Archives gate and got the message...

Seems like kind of a waste to go the areas now before unlocking the gold gates.

Also, geeze at Liam's luck against the Anti Guy Squad.

The last THUG part was just awful to watch. Everything is just bad. I hate it. Unable to follow instructions or even super clear objective markers.
Yet Woolie can beat Ornstein and Smough on his 3rd attempt

It's sorta impressive how horrid Woolie (and to a certain extent Matt) are at understanding/following simple instructions, that usually have glowing Hulk Fists to light the way.

Strimei

Don't you have to show the Lordvessel to Frampt to open the gold fog gates? I know Woolie wouldn't know and Pat might've forgotten but they went to the Duke's Archives gate and got the message...

Seems like kind of a waste to go the areas now before unlocking the gold gates.

Also, geeze at Liam's luck against the Anti Guy Squad.

I believe so, and seems Pat forgot.

I *think* he may also be trying to get Woolie to meet up with Kaathe, and doesn't placing the lordvessel with Frampt block him?

Xux

I believe so, and seems Pat forgot.

I *think* he may also be trying to get Woolie to meet up with Kaathe, and doesn't placing the lordvessel with Frampt block him?
Oh, okay. I had no idea about that. My PS3 dying continues to ail me.

Also, lol @ restricted mode. Five videos watchable from the last six months. I know the channels not for kids but that's still pretty funny.

Numb

Punch Club!

2LRsqyn.gif

Just 2 parts again -_-

I can't justify buying Nier until I finish Horizon and that game is big. Doesn't help I'm contemplating a platinum -_-

I wish i did this. Instead I am juggling Nier, Z:BOTW, HZD and I still gotta finish the last region of Noih.. oh I also started playing Master Blaster Zero(and because I didn't list enough games with the number zero in it, I only got to about chapter 2 in Yakuza before noih came out so that is still a thing).

I'm sure I will be done with all of these before P5 though... god damn it, I almost forgot about Cold steel 2! >_<

Numb

With how grindy that game is unless they played easy mode or modded to not lose stat gains it would be a horrible full LP.
The struggle vs life throwing all that at you and you somehow managing to succeed against the odds and time is the first part of that game

Fat4all

Banned
woof.

I started playing dangoldgrandpa on Wednesday and got so into it that i called off sick from work on Thursday. Had to of played it for like 20 hours straight.

Now I'm back at work and peeved because even though I played it a shitload I still haven't beaten the first game. I'm on the last chapter I think.

So now I'm drowning my sorrow by eating Chinese food and watching youtube videos when I should be designing some ads or sommit.

blargle

Matsukaze

woof.

I started playing dangoldgrandpa on Wednesday and got so into it that i called off sick from work on Thursday. Had to of played it for like 20 hours straight.

Now I'm back at work and peeved because even though I played it a shitload I still haven't beaten the first game. I'm on the last chapter I think.

So now I'm drowning my sorrow by eating Chinese food and watching youtube videos when I should be designing some ads or sommit.

blargle
I have mixed feelings about the ending of DR1, but overall I definitely enjoyed the game.

It also gets bonus points for the JoJo references.

Fat4all

Banned
I have a feeling I already know what the ending/twist is gonna be.

I dunno if I'm just used to this kind of theming from reading a lot of Agatha Christie, or if I've heard about the ending a long time ago and it's just lingering in the back of my mind a bit, but I think I know what I'm in for.

K.Sabot

Pat: I'm not reading chat because spoilers.

Pat: "someone donates saying *out of context nier spoiler*, I presume that's from Xenogears."

lol

Strimei

Pat: I'm not reading chat because spoilers.

Pat: "someone donates saying *out of context nier spoiler*, I presume that's from Xenogears."

lol

Did he say the thing out loud?

Because then I'm definitely closing this stream.

Also ugh I continue to hate acknowledging donations and shit during stream.

Top Bottom