• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

The problem is at some point they had to put in the dumb Umbrella secret laboratory monster factory shit to satisfy "traditional" RE fans who were already complaining that it wasn't a "real" RE game.

So they did, and that part wasn't very good, and anyone could have said it wouldn't be.

Village

The problem is at some point they had to put in the dumb Umbrella secret laboratory monster factory shit to satisfy "traditional" RE fans who were already complaining that it wasn't a "real" RE game.

So they did, and that part wasn't very good, and anyone could have said it wouldn't be.

The dumb parts of RE are the good part. If it wasn't for that, it would have just been an average horror game. While It ain't my favorite RE it still is pretty RE and I appreciate that. Though i wish it was stupider. DLC seems to expand on that.

It's Part 2/2, they used roman numerals.

Man the Romans sure were weirdos

The dumb parts of RE are the good part. If it wasn't for that, it would have just been an average horror game. While It ain't my favorite RE it still is pretty RE and I appreciate that. Though i wish it was stupider. DLC seems to expand on that.

If Not A Hero has first person
Falcon PAWNCH
it will be nothing but good

Hoping for new environments tho

Jintor

hearing Pat go off in a positive way about BoTW was very cathartic.

if he can still find joy in this world I suppose I can too

Village

Okay, wait. Why the hell does the completely normal Baker family have a front door locked by dog head statues?

Why does main villain have " thing" in an RE game might be the most common question asked about RE games.

Remember that time , wesker in RE Rev 2 just had a bunch of baby dolls laying around on fucking pikes... just to be creepy.

Suplexer

Okay, wait. Why the hell does the completely normal Baker family have a front door locked by dog head statues?

They flesh out Lucas's character just enough to make the idea of Lucas setting up traps and crazy door locks and things of that nature around the house believable.

Pretty normal for Louisiana, not pretty normal for actual humans.

Can confirm. Backwoods LA is spooky.

Kind of stupid thing but Woolie's Audible ad this week was funny. He said "imagine a world where we invented audiobooks first" and guess what, we're living in it. Songs and spoken word history largely predated any kind of writing or book making.

MrHoot

I finished Nier autotomato (absolutely incredible) and went on to catch on Liam's episodes on his stream. He gets REALLY emotional at the end, it's great

Anung

Un Rama
I finished Nier autotomato (absolutely incredible) and went on to catch on Liam's episodes on his stream. He gets REALLY emotional at the end, it's great

I finished it last night and worked through the platinum today. Only one I bought was the multiple ending one cause fuck that grind.

GOTY so far.

ooh good shit

I'm only like 40% through getting my first ending (well according to the quest completion percentage anyway) and can't wait to get to the good shit

MrHoot

I finished it last night and worked through the platinum today. Only one I bought was the multiple ending one cause fuck that grind.

GOTY so far.

Honestly one of my favourite games of all time now. It's actually fantastic how so many games coming out around these times I am putting super high on my personal ranking.

BlitzKeeg

Having everyone on every podcast I listen to agree that BOTW is fantastic makes me really happy.

It's so nice to have something everyone likes in some way, shape or form.

Even the most short, angry, and jaded of us can still enjoy games.

Edzi

To be completely honest, having someone like Pat like BoTW is kind of indicative of one of the game's major problems imo. It strays a bit too far from the Zelda formula, and if I remember correctly Pat never really liked Zelda to begin with so it makes sense why he'd enjoy this one. It's still a fantastic game that deserves most of the praise it got, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed with it overall as a Zelda fan.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Hey, you guys should watch ProZD cause he's great and really gets down to the heart of human nature. Incidently he was the ether guy Pat kept quoting and mentioning in the RE7 playthrough and others.

GOTY so far.

:( I can't actually afford it this month and can only hope to afford it sometime next month... Being a broke ass sucks sometimes

To be completely honest, having someone like Pat like BoTW is kind of indicative of one of the game's major problems imo. It strays a bit too far from the Zelda formula, and if I remember correctly Pat never really liked Zelda to begin with so it makes sense why he'd enjoy this one. It's still a fantastic game that deserves most of the praise it got, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed with it overall as a Zelda fan.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but out of curiosity have you played Zelda: A link to the past? Because that too was a pretty open ended world (For the time) where you could go in any direction and handle things in the order you wanted. Just wondering if you think that's also different from BotW in the way you're thinking?

If botw isn't a 'true' Zelda game, then I hope we never get a 'true' one again. But then the game also has a lot of things in common with Zelda 1 apparently and it's hard to get more truerer then that.

I would want a proper dungeon again. I don't think the Divine Beasts are that great, would have rather a larger thing to them instead of five simple puzzles. But the game is great, I love it.

Edzi

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but out of curiosity have you played Zelda: A link to the past? Because that too was a pretty open ended world (For the time) where you could go in any direction and handle things in the order you wanted. Just wondering if you think that's also different from BotW in the way you're thinking?

Yeah, I've played it and I get what you mean, but I tend to see 3D Zelda's as being a bit separate structurally, and more bound to a particular formula.

Eh, it wasn't that bad. All his points were pretty valid too.

Yeah, if what I'm reading from the thread is accurate to what he said, I can see his perspective on it. But he also tried playing this hyper completionist style which hampers it, and I seriously don't get what he was trying to say with that EXP thing.

I disagree on the story part. There needed to be more but
the drama around this Zelda being unable to fulfill her role
was actually really interesting. I really like most of the side characters.

Also maybe I wasn't paying attention but no spoiler warning on that video was kind of crazy.

driggonny

Banned

tbf He said that this was the best Zelda since OOT, which he loved.

I really don't see a problem with the franchise trying new things and seeing what sticks, especially when it succeeded in giving us a fresh experience without losing its identity. I'm a huge Zelda fan and yeah sure, this Zelda doesn't do EVERYTHING better than previous Zelda games but at no point did I feel like I wasn't playing a Zelda game. Exploration, puzzles, quirky characters, you name it, it's not lacking in any of those departments. The fact that it tries some new things as well did not detract from the game at all imo.

Edzi

I really don't see a problem with the franchise trying new things and seeing what sticks, especially when it succeeded in giving us a fresh experience without losing its identity. I'm a huge Zelda fan and yeah sure, this Zelda doesn't do EVERYTHING better than previous Zelda games but at no point did I feel like I wasn't playing a Zelda game. Exploration, puzzles, quirky characters, you name it, it's not lacking in any of those departments. The fact that it tries some new things as well did not detract from the game at all imo.

Not saying it's a problem to try new things, but it did detract from the game in my experience.

Fat4all

Banned
I mean BotW is great and Nier is fine and all, but who's excited for Andromeda?!

Guys? ... guys?

VgWtvvA.gif

Numb

Pat hasn't read enough novels to realise that truck-kun has killed many MCs who get transported/reincarnated to other worlds

FlowersisBritish

Pat hasn't read enough novels to realise that truck-kun has killed many MCs who get transported/reincarnated to other worlds

Maaaaan i wished those nerds could actually read books. They give Woolie flak fir being illiterate but I've never seen Pat touch a book either... For real tho, only one of my nerd spheres those guys don't even dip their toes in. Woolie did a bit and i still have One hundred years of solitude(I think thats the title? On my phone) on my to read list.

I mean BotW is great and Nier is fine and all, but who's excited for Andromeda?!

Guys? ... guys?
I've been playing it and holy fuck am I rusty and super shit at the whole jet dodge thing. Then I hit the Nexus and spent like an hour not being able to do anything interesting.

FlowersisBritish

*Deep sigh* I've been doing good, but the Nier spoilers are starting to find me. I got hit with one that if I don't think about it, won't spoiler me, but I can tell the moment I think about it I'll be spoilered. And now I just saw a big boss spoiler :/ Oh well, I did well for a few weeks.

KRaZyAmmo

*Deep sigh* I've been doing good, but the Nier spoilers are starting to find me. I got hit with one that if I don't think about it, won't spoiler me, but I can tell the moment I think about it I'll be spoilered. And now I just saw a big boss spoiler :/ Oh well, I did well for a few weeks.

I'm still Nier spoiler-free. I still have to finish Yakuza 0 and I'm gonna borrow my friend's copy of Automata. But I don't know bout that since Persona 5 is just around the corner.

Top Bottom