• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Gundam Royale |OT| War In Your Pocket

21663480623_3ff15cc703_o.gif

SUPER GUNDAM ROYALE
Genre: F2P RPG
Platform: JP iOS, JP Android
Developer: DeNA
Release Date: October 15, 2015
SUPER PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMj3gwJhr-g

Overview said:
An all new Gundam game for your mobile platform of choice! Developed by DeNA of FF Record Keeper fame and a sequel to the original Gundam Royale on mobile, Super Gundam Royale is a mobile F2P RPG that lets you build teams of mobile suits from different Gundam series and fight in loads of familiar scenarios from the shows. As this is an F2P, there is a stamina system on top of the gatcha where you either spend gems that are collected from the quests and bonuses or you spend your hard earned money.

But hey, awesome hi-res SD G-Generation like sprites! :D

22262934656_076dde0fb8_o.gif

21667681684_8d337c8f52_o.gif

22101907148_9b8e0c2cb1_o.gif

22288062875_ef75565f3c_o.gif

21681574803_f28fc89b76_o.gif

Q&A said:
Q - Is this coming to the West?
A - Slim chance if we are to go by anything that's a recent Gundam game, which is why the OT was made. But... I didn't think OPTC would show up and with the resurgence of Gundam series coming the West recently and Gundam Extreme VS Force getting an English localization, there's a glimmer of hope!

That said, you don't need to know Japanese to play the game as the systems and mission requirements are standard fare (beat all enemies on the board, don't lose any units, complete the mission with 3 or more AP).

Q - Where's my favorite Gundam series missions/suits/waifu/husbando?
A - Like any F2P of this type, SGR will have constant updates of content as it progresses. We'll see more quest missions from different series, more unit summons (i.e. dat power scaling), and events based on things like the G Gundam tournament, I'm sure.

Plus, not just the animated shows are included as it already has MSV units such as mass produced Nu Gundam.

Q - How are the summon rates?
A - When summoning via gems/gold, the rates are the following (from the game itself):
  • 4-Star - 3%
  • 3-Star - 80%
  • 2-Star(EX) - 17%
Sounds on par with games of this ilk. As for summoning with Friend Points you collect, you can get 1 through 4 star units, with a 4-Star Kshatriya currently being exclusive to the Friend Point summon.

Q - Should I reroll?
A - Well, the first guaranteed pull after the tutorial will be a 4-star unit, which is currently the highest rank. There are only six 4-star units at the moment and I personally rerolled to get normal Unicorn with the gatling. There's also Unicorn Beam Gun, Gundam with Javelin, Aile Strike, Sword Strike, and Aegis. I'd say for more odds to get two 4-star units off the bat, wait until a new event provides you with enough gems as the first login prize to pull a roll.

Q - Are there any special external events for the game that give extra gifts?
A - Yes, there's actually a twitter campaign going on that gives you prizes based on how many times you retweet certain quotes from Gundam series.

The event page can be found here (view through your mobile): https://sgr.ggame.jp/meigen/

If anyone knows how to actually enter it, I'd really appreciate it. I keep getting an error after logging in with my twitter account saying I haven't signed up or something.

There was also a pre-registration event that gave you Super Gundam Mk.II, but that's long gone now. :(

Thoughts so far... said:
I'm still learning more about the intricacies of the leveling system, such as leveling up super attacks and whatnot. I'll update the OT when more resources and information comes out.

The game has been fairly generous regarding gems for summons and feels a tad more strategic than let's say DBZ: Dokkan Battle with the two team system during missions. Plus the high-res sprites look pretty damn nice aside from being fun to play so far.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them as best as I can as JP is moonspeak to me.

Download: iOS, Android

Friend List: quote to reveal

Super Helpful Wiki: https://sgr.ggame.jp/wiki/

Can you even get this to run on anything that doesn't have a SIM card, or is this doomed to only be played on phones like G Gen Frontier?

Amazing OT! I'm gonna have to check this out. Guessing no ibo units for a while.
Thanks!

And I dunno about IBO, but these kinds of games tend to run promos close to new releases so there's always a possibility.
Can you even get this to run on anything that doesn't have a SIM card, or is this doomed to only be played on phones like G Gen Frontier?

No idea I'm afraid. Haven't had any luck myself getting it to work on Bluestacks or Droid4x as of yet. Rocking it on my iPhone 6+ atm.

Raxious

Thanks!

And I dunno about IBO, but these kinds of games tend to run promos close to new releases so there's always a possibility.

No idea I'm afraid. Haven't had any luck myself getting it to work on Bluestacks or Droid4x as of yet. Rocking it on my iPhone 6+ atm.

Can't get it to work on Droid4x either :(

immediately crashes for me...I assume like other Japanese games, it detects root then crashes or displays a fail message... What's with Nihon hating rooted phones?

Hagi

oooooh shit finally a mobile game for me

so how do I get this onto my UK Iphone? is that even possible?

oooooh shit finally a mobile game for me

so how do I get this onto my UK Iphone? is that even possible?
As long as you can make a JP iTunes account, it's as easy as hitting the download link.

I'm in the UK and primarily run a US account on my iPhone 6+ as I'm originally from the states, on top of having a JP account. Once you've made your JP account, do the following:

- just go to the app store on your phone and scroll down to your apple ID
- sign out
- enter your JP account details
- store will switch to JP site
- Super Gundam Royale should be on the featured list on the front page
- hit download
- ???
- Profit!

Damn, I don't have time for another mobile game.

Great OT as always though, donkey show!
Yes you do. And thanks! The things I do for Gundam. :3

Rahvar

I made the thread on the off chance someone might know how or have a link to a rooted apk like Dokkan Battle, lol.

It's available through Qooapp so you can download the game through there, but I haven't got it to work on Bluestacks/Droid4x that way.
Can't find it on Qooapp

linkent

Nice OT!
Can anyone play this on Non jailbroken IOS9?
If you can, that means there is jailbreak protection for Jailbroken IOS9.
Game crashed as soon as it is opened.
Tsprotector8(disable jb detection) doesnt work with IOS9 currently.
Guess i try to dl it on my ios8 ipad.

Nice OT!
Can anyone play this on Non jailbroken IOS9?
If you can, that means there is jailbreak protection for Jailbroken IOS9.
Game crashed as soon as it is opened.
Tsprotector8(disable jb detection) doesnt work with IOS9 currently.
Guess i try to dl it on my ios8 ipad.

Yeah, there's been no luck on my end with no-root detection for android as well. iOS has been good to me so far. Guess bluestack/droid4x users have to wait until someone makes an apk with root disabled.

Also, Z Gundam and 00 quests are coming this week.

CRwJe2lWoAAjNyT.png:large

Did a bit of rerolling today...

CR38u5uXAAARHXv.jpg

One account with two 4-star Unicorns. The other has 3-star Sinanju and 3-star Hyaku Shiki. Must keep them all! >.<

Whst does levelling my pilots give me? Better skills?

For what I've seen so far, they boost your mobile suit's stats.

Anyone have a link to the APK?
Sent you a PM.
Do they release these games for NA?
Well, they did release OTPC and DBZ Dokkan Battle, but since it's Gundam... they tend to stay in Japan. Who knows though now since there's been a recent push in Gundam merch and shows coming to the West.
Amazing OT, nice reference to my favorite Gundam series
Thanks!

And Zeta and Hyaku Shiki have been added to the 4-star units today. Now's a great time to reroll considering you get 54 G metal just for starting the game which equals 2 banner pulls. Got loads of friend requests since I got Beam rifle Unicorn yesterday. XD

Cee9cSal.jpg

Lockon

Just started and rerolled about 10 times.
Guaranteed 4* is Unicorn (guaranteed unit can only be unicorn, hammer/pike gundam, or sword strike, right?).

Also rolled Zeta and Strike Rouge with the free coins.

Going to start playing finally after work.

Just started and rerolled about 10 times.
Guaranteed 4* is Unicorn (guaranteed unit can only be unicorn, hammer/pike gundam, or sword strike, right?).

Also rolled Zeta and Strike Rouge with the free coins.

Going to start playing finally after work.
Nice pull! And yeah, it's only those three and pretty sure it's Javelin Gundam. Would love Gundam Hammer Gundam though.

Rahvar

I've noticed that sometimes it says Shirii in red text under the pilot name in the party screen before going into a mission. That means tired as far as I know, anyone know if this is some sort of mechanism that makes the pilots perform worse?

I've noticed that sometimes it says Shirii in red text under the pilot name in the party screen before going into a mission. That means tired as far as I know, anyone know if this is some sort of mechanism that makes the pilots perform worse?
I believe you get a boost in stats because the unit is from that particular series, similar to the synergy mechanic in FF Record Keeper where units like Cloud would get a stat boost for being in an FF7 mission.

Rahvar

I believe you get a boost in stats because the unit is from that particular series, similar to the synergy mechanic in FF Record Keeper where units like Cloud would get a stat boost for being in an FF7 mission.

Ah, makes sense. Is it pilot/MS combination or Pilot/MS compared to the level like in FFRK you think?

Here's my unit and pilot list as well. Will probably wait until the banner refreshes to do another multi-pull. I want Crossbone to come out already!

WxKsZNgl.jpg

aTd88T3l.jpg

Ah, makes sense. Is it pilot/MS combination or Pilot/MS compared to the level like in FFRK you think?
Hmmmm, I don't know if pilots get a boost for being in their respective series missions, but they do get a boost for being in their mobile suits. You'll see a yellow symbol under their pictures when paired with a unit they're generally associated with. For example, Amuro syncs with OG Gundam and the Dijeh even though the latter is from Zeta and the pilot is still young Amuro.
Is there any chance of this coming to the West?
I mentioned "slight maybe" above considering there's been a recent push of Gundam content in the west. Without music licensing to worry about in this game, that ups the chances a bit more.
I second this.
Check your PMs ^^

So Re-rolled for a bit on my phone until I got the Gatling Unicorn, 3 star Hyaku-shiki, and 3 star Cima Gelgoog.

Decided to stop there as I have always loved Hyaku-shiki design.

Played for a bit over the weekend, and I gotta say it does jump up in difficulty around the Z series halfway point. Probably need to grind the events to get upgrade parts I guess.

Looks like there's a Char's Counterattack event tomorrow. The banner highlights Sazabi and Char, but I don't know if it's a normal quest or something limited.

And I pulled a 3 star on the friend pull, but it was the normal Strike Gundam I already had. :/

Char's Counterattack event is on now. You can get a guaranteed 3-star Sazabi and 3-star CCA Amuro as a pilot. Also 4-star Nu Gundam is in the pull banner. They even have the CCA theme as well during battles. :)

Can someone post a guide as to what the menus are and how to play this game? I've downloaded it but I have literally no idea what all the menus are.

Also, how do you reroll?

Can someone post a guide as to what the menus are and how to play this game? I've downloaded it but I have literally no idea what all the menus are.

Also, how do you reroll?
I'm travelling around Scotland today on vacation, but I'll try to make some kind of primer for you guys when I get back tonight.

As for rerolling, it's simply a matter of deleting the app and reinstalling if your first non-guaranteed pull isn't the one you want.

I've also uploaded some vids of the Char's Counterattack missions below:
https://youtu.be/sQLOb7Bw1Cw
https://youtu.be/XhM0UVusB48

Why do I keep getting unicorn with gatling 5 out of 6 time I reroll?

It says you have to use 2 shooting type units or more and clear the stage

Ah that's good to know!

That was ny first thought but ive beaten that round with only having 1 suit in my team now, still no go, maybe my game has bugged on it.

Tried taking out the two mines, using 2 show specific Gundam. Still no luck, but I did just find out that you can heal, no idea what the consequence is though.

There doesn't seem to be any consequences for using heals and I've completed almost all of the normal quests.

Here's another video for the CCA missions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pGaLO2DEs

And I've had no luck so far with getting Quess' Jagd Doga or the Alpha Aziel to drop. :(

Top Bottom