• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super limited AC Origins Collector's Edition ($799, 73cm statue, 999 units)

shaowebb

There are MANY reasons why by Assassins Creed 3 I said fuck this series when it was once one of my favorite things. Today there is yet one more reason to add to that list.

MCN

Banned
$799, and it's made out of resin? Bitch, for $799 I want solid fucking gold. I've owned cars that cost less than that shit.

Realyn

Will totally buy it for the season pass. Thanks god they pointed out it's in there. Would be a no buy without. Possibly will buy three now.

What a load of useless junk. Do people think 'collectors editions' are really that valuable?

Well they are? Fod non-mainstream/good games. I could easily sell a bunch I've bought for 60-80 for twice or tripple that amount.

cordy

Banned
4WFuqB1.gif

NewDust

That's a big ass statue though. Ubisoft has always been catering towards collectors, I don't see anything weird here, it's just a marketing ploy.

Madness

Will be a great pickup @ $100 in February probably

No kidding. But I think there are 999 people out there with money to spend who will make this scarce unliked other collectors editions. But yeah crazy price for what they offer, but Ubi gonna Ubi.

akileese

Obviously. It's less than 1000 units and that probably makes up the entire market for Assassin Creed super-stans who would pay this much for a box of junk.

It's not AC fans. It's geared towards the folks who buy Sideshow Collectibles statues. The quality and size are pretty indicative of that. This would be bigger than what they normally offer at a price in line with the size.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...-of-rivia-prime-1-studio-902851/#&gid=1&pid=5

Here's one of Geralt that runs about the same size and price.

Problem with making figures is that if you don't do them at mass scale you get shitty costs to produce them. I say this as a collector of figures and statues. That's likely why we are seeing such a ridiculously high price.

The high price also encourages scalpers to bother with trying to flip it less as there's way less chanced of making money off this

Werd

If I ever were to decide I needed to spend hundreds of dollars on a game statue, it wouldn't be months before the game is out and I even know if I like it.

a harpy

It's not AC fans. It's geared towards the folks who buy Sideshow Collectibles statues. The quality and size are pretty indicative of that. This would be bigger than what they normally offer at a price in line with the size.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...-of-rivia-prime-1-studio-902851/#&gid=1&pid=5

Here's one of Geralt that runs about the same size and price.

This is what I was thinking. It's an actual collectors piece for people that spend that much on models. I'm not the target for this but seems fine price-wise. Hard to say without seeing close-ups, but a 28" resin statue is no joke.

Anyone thinking, "There's no fucking way I'd buy that,": they knew you'd feel that way. That's why they're being manufactured in such a limited way and why the game is being offered at so many price points well below this line.

NolbertoS

Thanks ubisoft. I'll await for the 80% drop in price like a month later for all your games, including collectors editons

Nipo

Why did they not round it off to a 1000 units, I get a price being at 99, 199, 299 so on but number of units being capped at 999 just sounds a bit weird...

9 is a number of power for a lot of civilizations. I wouldn't be shocked if it plays a role in the game.

Top Bottom