• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins has a £700/$800 special edition

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Link

Behold ”Assassin's Creed Origins Dawn of The Creed Legendary Edition."

So what does the Assassin's Creed Origins Dawn of The Creed Legendary Edition get you that makes it cost so much? Here's the booty list:

A 28.7 inch Bayek & Senu Figurine.
The Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition (i.e. Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and an additional mission).
A hand-drawn world map.
A premium Collector's Case.
A replica of Bayek's eagle skull amulet.
A steelbook.
An artbook.
Four 15 x 11 Lithographs.
The official game soundtrack.

On the plus side, it has free shipping.

jpg

I'll take a year off and come back essentially the same if old

Honestly, I love these grandiose special editions. I can't think of more than two franchises I would actually spend that kind of money on, but there's no reason for devs/pubs to not make these things. If there's someone who's going to buy this, they've gotta be super fans that see worth in it, or they're fuckin' scalpers that will hopefully never make their money back because anyone that wants this was in on it day one.

I would like to see the room of someone who actually has all these gargantuan monstrosities of CE staues displayed.

I have the Dark Souls 2 statue at work because I wouldn't be too devastated if it went missing, and I have a Lu Bu from DW4 or so packed away for more than 10 years at this point. Even then, those are tiny in comparison.

I wouldn't spend $700 on any game related anything under any circumstance, but there is anime that I've paid $40 an episode for and I own all 12 episodes. I've paid $100 to import a special edition of a movie. I get being a down syndrome level consumer for stuff you like. More power to them. Don't like it, don't buy it, and pretty much all problems solved.

This stuff only negatively impacts those who enjoy being negatively impacted by as much stuff as they can in life.

Top Bottom