• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Kart on the US Wii U eShop without warning

JB2448

Nice now bring us Final Fantasy III. Chrono Trigger, N64 games, and Metroid Zero Mission.

The first two are in Square Enix's court. The latter pair, though, oh man. I need Zero Mission on my TV, and I'm not going to dig up my old Game Boy Player for it.

I'm mainly talking about the DS CT. Didn't 3 get a port to PC and mobile with 3D graphics and stuff

Final Fantasy III did get a PC port but not Final Fantasy III, the SNES game (Final Fantasy VI), which is what we're discussing here.

Complain to Square-Enix about these. FFVI has been out in Japan for well over a year. Clearly Square-Enix don't care to release it.

Or NOA isn't asking for it. There's a lot of incompetence in both organizations.

PetrCobra

Oh man, so expensive... for a 20-years old game that can easily go away if something goes wrong with your console.

I've been going full digital with my Nintendo systems for some time now and just waiting for that decision to blow up to my face

Oh man, so expensive... for a 20-years old game that can easily go away if something goes wrong with your console.

As long as you have your correct NNID info, you can ask Nintendo customer support to disable your account activation on a previous system and authorize activation on a new one.

joedick

What? Didn't Earthbound get a whole trailer and a bunch of push from social media? This is just completely out of left field.

And EB got its own press release and a huge presence at Comic Con (or PAX, or whatever). Do people want them to advertise it on TV?

so i have only had my wii u for a few weeks. do you think they will offer SMK Wii version on CN again? that way I only have to pay the 1.50?

I assume they want that 7.99 so probably not.

Madao

this is clearly NoA's new budget saving measure.

they know a game like SMK will sell anyway so there's no point in spending extra resources promoting it.

Awesome! Now we need SMRPG!
SrZ9gu7.gif]

Iwata approves this comment.

NewGame

Banned
That's weird. In Australia Super Mario Kart came out a month(?) before Mario Kart 8 and whatever you spent on it was discounted from Mario Kart 8's digital purchase.

I basically got MK8 for free as I used my delux digital promo points to purchase it along with the Super Mario Kart discount- and then I also go the free game that comes with MK8.

:) :) :)

That's weird. In Australia Super Mario Kart came out a month(?) before Mario Kart 8 and whatever you spent on it was discounted from Mario Kart 8's digital purchase.

I basically got MK8 for free as I used my delux digital promo points to purchase it along with the Super Mario Kart discount- and then I also go the free game that comes with MK8.

:) :) :)

NOA is terrible at strategically timing Virtual Console releases. A Link to the Past came out months after A Link Between Worlds.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Played it for awhile earlier. This game has not aged well. Might be the worst of the series. The AI, rubber banding, and their use of items is atrocious.

Shauni

I'm glad to see that Nintendo is still supporting the SNES and not just exclusively releasing GBA games now, but come on Nintendo. You've got to be more regular with these.

They released NES and SNES after releasing GBA games. It was never a concern.

NOA is amazingly terrible with this shit. I just don't get it. I mean, all big three regions are worse with their VC handling than they were last gen, but NOA is particularly bad. Aren't we the only region without Brain Age too, free or otherwise?

Phil S.

Banned
NOA is terrible at strategically timing Virtual Console releases. A Link to the Past came out months after A Link Between Worlds.

I don't know what's up with that. Maybe there's a belief that the classics will overshadow the new releases or will take attention away from them? *shrug-a-lug*

ZeroGravity

Played it for awhile earlier. This game has not aged well. Might be the worst of the series. The AI, rubber banding, and their use of items is atrocious.
Yeah, it's sadly true. The awful controls as well are the worst part.

I loved the game to death as a kid, but yeah, it's the worst game in the series by far. Even if you're talking 2D Mario Kart, Super Circuit has every single track in SMK, plus all its new tracks, and without any of the problems.

The first two are in Square Enix's court. The latter pair, though, oh man. I need Zero Mission on my TV, and I'm not going to dig up my old Game Boy Player for it.

I'm such a shithead that I have Zero Mission AND a GBA SP AND a GameBoy Player and I'm still waiting for the VC release to play it for the first time.

Shauni

Has Metroid Zero Mission been announced for the U.S.?

Nope, but generally, VC games aren't announced much ahead of time. We'll probably know like two weeks before, at most. Or hell, they may not announce it and it just gets released with no fanfare. It's always hard to tell.

The office in charge of eShop content and marketing really needs an overhaul at Nintendo.

Top Bottom