• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping for a parcel to be in my mailbox when I arrived home, but there was nothing. It turned out the retailer (Webhallen) first today, for some asinine reason, shipped the game. So I won't be playing it until Monday at earliest.

Ah well, at least there is this thread. :)

Ooccoo

My first level, Piranha Training: 9A12-0000-0015-F79A

Haven't unlocked stuff yet to it's pretty basic. This is the best game ever!

McNum

Nope. Didnt know about trigger spins till your post lol
Yeah, that's a quirk about U Mario. He can go disgustingly far with a running jump off a high vantage point. If you make a new level, and drag the start all the way up, then do a running jump, he can almost make the flagpole. That's how far U Mario can jump.

I like making levels for U Mario, though. I know of at least three different ways to get past Bowser in my level, although one of them is hidden.

Raitaro

For any of our UK members, Nintendo has announced a Super Mario Box for sale on their store. If I were on the other side of the pond, I'd jump on it.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/merch-m...tion-exclusive/11165471.html?widget_id=117667

I thought about making a thread, but I really can't be bothered with that at the moment.

Yeah, I mentioned this as well a few pages back (amidst my woeful ramblings about my free shirt being too small and not knowing if I should return it in order to get a size L as well as an additional free black anniversary shirt in the process).

It is especially worth pointing out that this box contains the classic version of the anniversary Mario amiibo that normally is not sold separately.

Could be handy for those (like me) who had to settle for the amiibo-less version.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The level is a bit confusing, do those pipes hanging in mid-air serve a purpose? It looks weird to see them just end. The original game ends mid-air pipes with those unbreakable non-ground blocks. Try that, maybe? Also, your level hinges entirely on the player already knowing that you can run over single tile gaps. Without that, the level is impossible.

Sorry if I'm being harsh. But I'd imagine that turnabout is fair play, no? I have two uploads, I would love to people to be harsh on those.

Hmm...can you see the end of the pipes when playing? Thought you couldn't reach that high. I didn't remember how they usually deal with it, but I guess blocks is a good idea.
Also, yeah, you have to know you can run over blocks (you also have to know you can boost your jump off enemies). I don't think it's a problem to demand that knowledge, but I put in a bit of ground so you can recover if you don't make the first jumps.

Oh, and please be harsh, always good to hear some (constructive) criticism.

Btw, can you edit an your own uploaded level or do I have to make it a different upload "ver. 2"?

MrBigBoy

Secret Undergrounds: 53DA-0000-0016-0098

Havent unlocked everything, but I'm surprised with what I could make of it. Easy to normal difficulty.

Thanks for playing my level :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm...can you see the end of the pipes when playing? Thought you couldn't reach that high. I didn't remember how they usually deal with it, but I guess blocks is a good idea.
Also, yeah, you have to know you can run over blocks (you also have to know you can boost your jump off enemies). I don't think it's a problem to demand that knowledge, but I put in a bit of ground so you can recover if you don't make the first jumps.

Oh, and please be harsh, always good to hear some (constructive) criticism.

Btw, can you edit an your own uploaded level or do I have to make it a different upload "ver. 2"?
I think you have to upload ver 2. I chose the "overwrite and upload" option and it got uploaded alongside the first one.

Made my own twist on the P-Switch stage here: CF41-0000-0014-DF78
Then a puzzle level: 3AF5-0000-0016-0073

Also I have no clue why my most popular stage is Day Two Tango. There is not really much there...

Jucksalbe

Banned
My first level, Piranha Training: 9A12-0000-0015-F79A

Haven't unlocked stuff yet to it's pretty basic. This is the best game ever!

That first Goomba is evil! (also took me a while to think of bringing the trampoline along, thought I had to jump off the koopa at the end)

Robin64

didn't they remove the 9 day thing for the editor? getting bored with the lack of things to use

They did. Just spam blocks down until you get a truck delivery, then use the things delivered, then wait for a notice about things coming "tomorrow" and repeat.

RiggyRob

Anyone who ordered from GAME UK, have you received your order yet?

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs because I though it would arrive today (silly me), and I see the Classic amiibo bundle with the t-shirt has come back in stock on the Nintendo UK Store (and some people have received a very nice 30th anniversary pin with it too, much nicer than the ones GAME offered), and I'm currently debating whether I should cancel my order if I can and get it from the Nintendo UK store instead.

Roo

Just came back home.
My body is ready :DDD

IIjsye4.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

They did. Just spam blocks down until you get a truck delivery, then use the things delivered, then wait for a notice about things coming "tomorrow" and repeat.

I got one delivery and i'm not sure what it was as I don't notice anything different :S

EDIT: Got it!

Mik2121

Reposting my levels before going to sleep. Hopefully someone tries them out!

Hello World 01
16FE-0000-0011-72C5

This level is easy, but I'm trying to not use anything cheap or too unconventional. This was my first level.

Vanilla Caves
4CF4-0000-0015-C479

This is my second level, difficulty is about easy to medium, with hidden stuff around and shortcuts. Trying to keep it somewhat 'official' feeling as in, no unexpected enemies behaving in weird ways, mainly just typical stuff. Compared to the earlier level, its fairly longer.

Dimentios

Sunken Airship

ID: 2053 0000 0012 5786

Style: Super Mario World

Secrets: Drei versteckte 1UP-Pilze

Bilder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerial Port

ID: F60F 0000 0012 941E

Style: Super Mario Bros. 3

Secrets: Drei verstecke 1UP-Pilze, Coin Heaven

Bilder:

Amazon delivered when I was sleeping. Woke up and played a bit. Unlocked ZSS. Seems fun but would be better when everything is good unlocked. Can you make sublevels from the start or do you need to unlock it.

On my way to try and get the 30th anniversary amiibo from gamestop.

ChrisD

Maaaan, the community is full of trash. I need a Friends List search, and I need it stat. Without the GAF lists I honestly wouldn't have hope for the online.

OmegaDL50

Newegg just charged me and is preparing my order for shipment.

They are awesome with PC components, but I never pre-ordered a game from them before.

I was hoping they would have prepared to the order yesterday to correspond with the release date and be out the door today, but it looks like I probably won't be playing the game until Monday.

Not really a big loss since I don't pay shipping charges or tax, so I that's a fair tradeoff I suppose.

I am looking forward to playing Super Mario Maker.

Marmac

Banned
I'll never buy any Amiibos except for these Super Mario Bros 30th Anniversary Amiibos. Just too cool and limited to pass up. Nintendo gets me every single time!!

7hv62Bd.jpg

TbILDh2.jpg

e6NJypr.jpg

S0eoOQW.jpg

Alright, so I got a notice of new tools coming in... tomorrow? I thought the update changed it to every 15 minutes? Anyone have any idea what's up with that? Do I have to use all the tools or something?

ChrisD

Alright, so I got a notice of new tools coming in... tomorrow? I thought the update changed it to every 15 minutes? Anyone have any idea what's up with that? Do I have to use all the tools or something?

From what I've read, yeah, just use all the new tools, spam some levels, and eventually you'll get "an early shipment".

Edit: Spam the new items, that is. You don't actually have to post a billion levels, lol.

Dragoshi1

WVW69iX6KFwotwXHo5

Swimmy Fish: The Woomy Begins

B331-0000-0015-605A

Here's one I tried to do seriously, managed to beat it, but barely.

*Hint, either path is good to go, but top path may need you to backtrack, unless you time it just right. Don't idle, either, as there's a Blooper in there!*

Inspired partly by Flappy Bird and that one TMNT SNES level.

Also, you play as the Squid Inkling, hence the title.

Bydobob

I've only read a handful of pages so forgive me if things already been answered, but how long do I have to wait until things start unlocking? I've been "making" for several hours now but still can't get Mario in a damn pipe. Surely something as fundamental as this shouldn't take so long to unlock?

Wingus

UK here, and Yodel only *just* delivered my Mario Maker + Amiibo + T-Shirt bundle that I ordered from the Nintendo UK store.

Nice of Nintendo to throw in this nice little 30th Anniversary badge as well ^_^

6saXiKam.jpg

No haha
The store I got the game from told me I was the 35th person ( today) to ask for the game. They're giving them away to the first 100 people who the purchase the game. Not sure if it's a thing everywhere else.

That's awesome! I'd love a hat like that.

Oh well! Should have my copy from Amazon within the next couple hours. Can't wait to check out everyone's creations.

Made my first map I consider all right, I hope you agree! Mario 1 Above ground level called "Gotcha". I tried to make the difficulty progression ramp up in a fair seeming way. Not a particularly hard map.

E79F-0000-0016-2A9E

totowhoa

Banned
Thwomp Stairs!
8E90-0000-0016-3649

Moderately hard proof of concept that I think is pretty fun. Need to trim a ton of the fat and turn it into a more realistic / normal level with some variety, but just wanted to goof with the idea.

Top Bottom