• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Preordered a while back for my son but it won't be opened until Christmas. Am I at any risk for potential fuckery? Maybe I should open it up and download the game just to make sure is not defective?

You should be fine, but check the retailer's return policy just in case. Many extend their window for returns and exchanges during the holiday season.

Pastry

Banned
Preordered a while back for my son but it won't be opened until Christmas. Am I at any risk for potential fuckery? Maybe I should open it up and download the game just to make sure is not defective?

You should be fine but it might smart to open it and download the game next week. There is no way to know if he eshop will be functional Christmas Day.

Wallach

You should be fine but it might smart to open it and download the game next week. There is no way to know if he eshop will be functional Christmas Day.

Agreed. You may not be able to download jack on Christmas which would be a huge bummer.

Thanks for the insight all. Will double check with BestBuy about a longer holiday exchange period as well. May break down and buy the extended warranty for 2 years.

Not the bundle, she can get in trouble for that as many have pointed out on here that it's a sure way of tracing back to someone. The cartridge!

You said this originally:

Just sent this to a friend and she says they have it in the back but will be putting it out tomorrow morning. Going to try to get her to scan a regular bundle and give me this one instead, but have to wait until close to closing time tonight she said =D

So, how are you playing that cartridge? Do you own a Switch? Were you originally planning to purchase a second Switch, just to play Odyssey early? Are you lying?

So we are about a week away from release now, what are the chances Nintendo announces a season pass? They announced the Zelda one 2 weeks in advance and the Mario + Rabbids one was revealed 5 days before the game came out, so Nintendo has been making a habbit of announcing it at the last moment recently (I know Mario + Rabbids is ubisoft, but it's season pass layout mirrored Zelda's exactly along with the Mario Kart 8 one so I feel Nintendo had more of a say in it.)

Of course it's easy. It's also an easy way to lose one's job. Publishers and retailers take street dates very seriously. The employee who sold you the game deliberately broke street date. There's no way to plead ignorance when the POS system literally instructs the employee to remove the item from the transaction.

You think minimum wage clerks give a fuck?

MTC100

Banned
No, the BotW embargo lifted the day before launch as well.

It's funny, BotW turned out to be the highest rated game of the generation and I bet SMO has good chances to follow its lead, yet Nintendo puts up an embargo like the game would be crap and no one should be informed beforehand about the game.

Yet Edge put the 10 out, two weeks prior release. I know they're a print mag but they could also print their score 2 weeks after launch then, it's strange how Nintendo seems to favor them, it was the same with BotW...

Davey Cakes

So we are about a week away from release now, what are the chances Nintendo announces a season pass? They announced the Zelda one 2 weeks in advance and the Mario + Rabbids one was revealed 5 days before the game came out, so Nintendo has been making a habbit of announcing it at the last moment recently (I know Mario + Rabbids is ubisoft, but it's season pass layout mirrored Zelda's exactly along with the Mario Kart 8 one so I feel Nintendo had more of a say in it.)
I feel like Nintendo won't bother with a Season Pass for Mario Odyssey. For some reason, platformers like that seem like the kinds of games that can easily be delivered as "content complete" without needing anything additional.

Obviously I could've said that with Zelda, and it still got DLC. Still, if Mario Odyssey is a big enough game, I think it'll be fulfilling without additional content, and I'd probably prefer that EPD moves onto something else right away. We'll see how Nintendo approaches it this time, as opposed to how they approached it with 3D World (a game that I believe was actually somewhat fit for additional content thanks to it's streamlined design).

Sometimes, I enjoy the idea of post-release content. More for multiplayer games like MK8 and Splatoon. Other times, I'm fully content with one, complete package that I can play and put down once I'm done. Maybe Nintendo feels like a single release is enough with Odyssey, maybe not. I can't say for sure.

Has anyone pre-ordered the bundle from amazon? I pre-ordered mine about a week ago and haven't received any indication that I will receive it on release date.

Ninja Dom

On the eShop page for Super Mario Odyssey the price isn’t stated. Which is odd as the eShop page for Doom has the price. UK eShop.

Davey Cakes

Has anyone pre-ordered the bundle from amazon? I pre-ordered mine about a week ago and haven't received any indication that I will receive it on release date.
See the posts from me and Jake2by4 from a little while back:
Just a heads up for anyone who ordered on Amazon. When I first put in the pre-order, they only gave me FREE Standard Shipping even though I'm a Prime Member. I checked recently and they let me update my shipping speed to FREE 2-Day shipping.

I'm selling my code to a friend and I'm getting the physical version of Mario Odyssey. Both the game and the bundle are showing as "arriving on October 27th." So now that I've updated the bundle's shipping, it's apparently going to be a release-day delivery just like the game.

Here's to hoping that Amazon holds to that date. I'd love to get this thing next Friday.

Talk to a rep and they confirmed that even though it didn’t have the “receive it on release day” on the page that it was elegible for release day delivery
I think you'll be good either way, but you can always afford to update your shipping to 2-day if you haven't.

Jake2by4

See the posts from me and Jake2by4 from a little while back:

I think you'll be good either way, but you can always afford to update your shipping to 2-day if you haven't.

Update Amazon changed my delivery to "Release day delivery."

Astral Dog

Guys , a question im going to look for a Switch this weekend (in Laredo) what are the chances of finding one in a store? Or its too late?

Davey Cakes

Depends if you live near a warehouse. When I lived in Minnesota it was almost exclusively AMZL because the warehouse was minutes away.
Okay, so maybe that's good news.

I really want the system tomorrow because I'm seeing my friend for a gaming night and it's the perfect time to also give him the code for digital Mario Odyssey.

AGITΩ

Best Buy is saying Nov 1st as the latest. Fuck you so much...
They did send shipments to stores, especially those having midnight releases, mine included, but we are to hand tickets for those systems around 11pm est.
Think theyd rather not kill store inventory prior to the midnight.

So I called Best Buy customer service a second time, and this time, I got better news. They put an order to the warehouse to expedite the shipment. If they get it out today then I will have the console tomorrow and if they get it out tomorrow, I should have it Saturday. Much fucking better results :).

$380 and doesn't even include a physical version of the game? Fuck off.

It doesn't?

So lame. It's a bundle, yet it costs more than if you buy the things separately too. I mean, I got 20% off the game on amazon, with 10 bucks off from a free trial.

Am I crazy, or did video game systems use to come with games as bundles at discounted prices?

Oxn

It doesn't?

So lame. It's a bundle, yet it costs more than if you buy the things separately too. I mean, I got 20% off the game on amazon, with 10 bucks off from a free trial.

Am I crazy, or did video game systems use to come with games as bundles at discounted prices?

You are not crazy.

Astral Dog

It doesn't?

You aren't crazy its just that they can get away with this time due to demand

So I got a different answer again. Apparently I got an email about 1AM last night saying that the order has been delayed and the dead latest it would show up is a month from now (not saying it will take a month, it's just the latest it would be). Now they said that they don't know about the orders and so on. It's possible it won't even be in stock at the warehouse until the 31st and then ship them out, so I wouldn't have anything until last next week... are you fucking kidding me? I seriously fucking hate you so much Nintendo. Jesus fucking Christ...

Narroo

It doesn't?

I was interested till I saw the price. You're basically paying $20 extra dollars for red Joy-cons and a cheap traveling case. $30 if you take advantage of the launch sales.

Honestly, I'd rather put that cash towards a waterfield case.

Davey Cakes

I was interested till I saw the price. You're basically paying $20 extra dollars for red Joy-cons and a cheap traveling case. $30 if you take advantage of the launch sales.

Honestly, I'd rather put that cash towards a waterfield case.
I don't see how it's "extra" money. It's basically straight MSRP. You're not saving money but you're getting everything in a nice package. Not everyone sees the digital game as being worth less than the physical one.

I found out our local Best Buy had a ton of the SMO Bundles in stock. So I got it to where I'm waiting for Best Buy to send me an email so I can get my shipping order cancelled because I just bought it in store just now. Fuck them so much for this shipping bullshit.

PantsuJo

On Ebay Italy some stores sell the bundle for 359.99/369.99€, instead of usual 389€.

I don't know if they ship over all Europe, but check it out if this can help you to save money, guys.

Top Bottom