• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

mrkgoo

Huh. Here, the bundle is cheaper than the console and game (basically like buying the console and the game is half price) and it comes with the physical copy.

I'm going to preorder it I think.

I just left Gamestop. They are taking pre-orders on the pair of the Mario JoyCon right now. They also have SNES Classics in stock.

Are you sure they're taking pre-orders on the joycons and not simply the bundle? We haven't heard anything regarding that, far as I'm aware.

MicH

Not where I live. Here the bundle is without case, still only a download code, and more expensive than Switch plus Mario Odyssey physical. All prices from Amazon directly, not marketplace:

Neon Red/Blue: €315,11 + €58,99 = €374,10 (-€2 for Prime members)

Odyssey bundle: €389,00 (not even -€2 for Prime, to add insult to injury)

A terrible shame because this is the first edition where the JoyCons aren't either boring or an ugly odd mix.
Wait, really? I could've sworn the case was in the EU bundle as well. Yeah, that's a bad deal.

Not where I live. Here the bundle is without case, still only a download code, and more expensive than Switch plus Mario Odyssey physical. All prices from Amazon directly, not marketplace:

A terrible shame because this is the first edition where the JoyCons aren't either boring or an ugly odd mix.

Same here. No case and $11 more expensive than buying them separately. What a fucking joke. At least save me $10 or $20. Not ADD money to it.

KHlover

Banned

Nintendo Switch (grey): 329€

Wonder why the Neon edition is 15€ cheaper right now, but 330€ still is the standard price (I'll just assume you're from Germany because all the prices line up).

Planet

Nintendo Switch (grey): 329€

Wonder why the Neon edition is 15€ cheaper right now, but 330€ still is the standard price (I'll just assume you're from Germany because all the prices line up).
Correct, Germany is the country. But what you said doesn't make my numbers any less true. Even with standard price the bundle would be more expensive, and giving you less value do to download code only.

I can wait, eventually there'll be a switch edition with proper matching colored JoyCons for even less money. And then I'll get Mario Odyssey, among a few other titles. It's not like my backlog is exactly dwindling. ;)

jts

...hate me...

Probably not undercutting the bundle because the new colors together with the Mario bundle allure will spike up the demand compared to the regular Switch SKU colors which have been in the market. It’s just the way Amazon operates.

Planet

You can tell me all day that Nintendo doesn't make suggested retail prices, I won't agree. They set the standard prices, not Amazon. Maybe they do it differently than any other manufacturer, but they still do it.

Kouriozan

You can tell me all day that Nintendo doesn't make suggested retail prices, I won't agree. They set the standard prices, not Amazon. Maybe they do it differently than any other manufacturer, but they still do it.
There is some sort of law in EU that sellers are free to put the price they want iirc.
For example I got Neon Switch at 295€ at launch on Amazon.fr

1uo1f4o.png

jts

...hate me...
You don’t have to agree as long as you recognize that the €314 or whatever price for the Neon Switch is an Amazon.de discounted price (regular suggested price is €329), and so are perks such as Prime discounts. So the idea of the bundle being more expensive than the individual parts doesn’t hold, from a Nintendo point of view. It’s all on Amazon discounting specific older SKUs, and not this new one.

Oh so you can buy the carrying case separately for 24.99 i see?

Hmm that tilts me even further toward NOT getting this bundle (EU here) and waiting for a better deal down the road.

The the bundle is horribly overpriced here too (Norway) as it is cheaper to buy things separately. One thing if it was like a newer production of Switch with improvements of flaws but that isnt the case.

Planet

as long as you recognize that the €314 or whatever price for the Neon Switch is an Amazon.de discounted price (regular suggested price is €329)
Of course, that's called street prices of hard-
and software, happens all the time, even though to a lesser degree with Nintendo stuff.

But still, you pay 1 euro more with standard prices, exchanging physical with download code, in order to get the non-ugly red JoyCons. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth in any case.

Davey Cakes

i really don't like that kind of Red on the joycons so went for the neon model instead.
Whereas I'm all in on that color.

My Switch-owning friends already have the gray and neon blue/red joy-cons for their systems so I'm going to feel mighty special sticking out from the bunch with that pure red goodness.

Ended up returning my neon red/blue-joycon Switch for the Mario one lol. I'm a sucker for "limited" consoles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, asked the staff at my local GameStop about the possibility of those red Mario joycons making it States-side, but it doesn't look like they will. Most likely, they're gonna be treated just like the Splatoon 2 joycons (i.e., you can only get them via bundles in the U.S.).

For those desperate enough though, you can import via Amazon Japan:
Amazon: Joy-Con (L) / (R) Red

Davey Cakes

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered on Amazon. When I first put in the pre-order, they only gave me FREE Standard Shipping even though I'm a Prime Member. I checked recently and they let me update my shipping speed to FREE 2-Day shipping.

I'm selling my code to a friend and I'm getting the physical version of Mario Odyssey. Both the game and the bundle are showing as "arriving on October 27th." So now that I've updated the bundle's shipping, it's apparently going to be a release-day delivery just like the game.

Here's to hoping that Amazon holds to that date. I'd love to get this thing next Friday.

So, I went to my local Target this morning to go hunting for the Grady Twins Funko Pops, and in their Nintendo display case they had like 8 of the Odyssey Switch Bundles already in there.

I was instantly confused because I was like, "Doesn't this come out like, next Friday?"

Didn't bother to ask if I could buy one.

Hydrus

So, I went to my local Target this morning to go hunting for the Grady Twins Funko Pops, and in their Nintendo display case they had like 8 of the Odyssey Switch Bundles already in there.

I was instantly confused because I was like, "Doesn't this come out like, next Friday?"

You sure they just weren't empty display boxes? I've seen places do that before as a way of pre-ordering.

arab

WTF DUDE GO BUY THAT SHIT

sneaky-animals-stealing-things-20.gif

Guevara

I'm honestly going back and forth on which color I like better: OG blue/red, Mario red, or just grey.

I think OG blue/red, but the Mario bundle is enticing.

Jake2by4

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered on Amazon. When I first put in the pre-order, they only gave me FREE Standard Shipping even though I'm a Prime Member. I checked recently and they let me update my shipping speed to FREE 2-Day shipping.

I'm selling my code to a friend and I'm getting the physical version of Mario Odyssey. Both the game and the bundle are showing as "arriving on October 27th." So now that I've updated the bundle's shipping, it's apparently going to be a release-day delivery just like the game.

Here's to hoping that Amazon holds to that date. I'd love to get this thing next Friday.
Talk to a rep and they confirmed that even though it didn’t have the “receive it on release day” on the page that it was elegible for release day delivery

I'm selling my code to a friend and I'm getting the physical version of Mario Odyssey.

Wait, are we sure that Mario comes as a code? I guess if we could get some impressions from people who bought the Splatoon 2 bundle we could confirm this. I'd like to do the same as you are planning but I'm not sure if the game isn't just preinstalled.

Wait, are we sure that Mario comes as a code? I guess if we could get some impressions from people who bought the Splatoon 2 bundle we could confirm this. I'd like to do the same as you are planning but I'm not sure if the game isn't just preinstalled.

If you're in NA, yes, it's a code. It literally says so on the packaging in the picture a couple posts above yours.

Edit - Oh wait, you're asking if it's a code vs. pre-installed on the system . My apologies! I should learn to read. I have no idea.

If you're in NA, yes, it's a code. It literally says so on the packaging in the picture a couple posts above yours.

Edit - Oh wait, you're asking if it's a code vs. pre-installed on the system . My apologies! I should learn to read. I have no idea.

Yeah, I wasn't asking if it came with the bundle at all, the question was whether it specifically came with a code that could be resold.

Thankfully I may have found an answer from Gamestop:

"This special bundle includes the Nintendo Switch console and Nintendo Switch dock in black, with red left and right Joy-Con controllers. It also includes a download code for the full Super Mario Odyssey game, a carrying case, and all the extras you need to get started."

Amazon didn't specify this, so it was kind of unclear before but I think this confirms it. I don't see Gamestop lying about this or just assuming that it comes with a code without knowing for sure.

I'd be willing to sell the download code for $55 in the case that it does end up being a code (which I'm 90% sure of now but I'd obviously want to decide a bit closer to release).

Yeah, I wasn't asking if it came with the bundle at all, the question was whether it specifically came with a code that could be resold.

Thankfully I may have found an answer from Gamestop:

Amazon didn't specify this, so it was kind of unclear before but I think this confirms it. I don't see Gamestop lying about this or just assuming that it comes with a code without knowing for sure.

I'd be willing to sell the download code for $55 in the case that it does end up being a code (which I'm 90% sure of now but I'd obviously want to decide a bit closer to release).

Yeah, it's definitely a download code (or at least it was, in the case of the Splatoon 2 bundles). I remember watching some unboxing videos on Youtube where the uploader had to hide the code redemption card from the viewer during the unboxing.

Yeah, it's definitely a download code (or at least it was, in the case of the Splatoon 2 bundles). I remember watching some unboxing videos on Youtube where the uploader had to hide the code redemption card from the viewer during the unboxing.

I just checked and Best Buy has the exact same description, mentioning a download code for the game.

Well that's good, since I'd prefer a physical copy (1. to save storage space, 2. because Nintendo has always been just a bit screwy with digital copies and 3. because I just like having a box and a cart).

Like I said before, I'd be willing to sell the code for a discount, though obviously I can't sell what I don't have so if anyone was interested that'd have to be arranged closer to release.

Target breaking street date like a non brand shop 😁

Are they selling or just on display?

If they are selling.. please do not post any kind of proof! (Nintendo will probably blacklist that store)

They are not selling. I asked, they took it to the register and it locked up.

They ended up emptying the display case afterwards. only after I insisted it would save them the trouble of having to go through the same spiel about yes we have them, no we can't sell it to you.

There was a consolation, I was so affixed by seeing the bundle, I didn't turn around right away to see this;

BlnhzfK.jpg

I been on the fence about trading the PS4 in for a Switch lately. Getting older and having not as much time to game has been making this a serious debate in my mind. I feel the Switch would me it easier for free time to game.

Just sent this to a friend and she says they have it in the back but will be putting it out tomorrow morning. Going to try to get her to scan a regular bundle and give me this one instead, but have to wait until close to closing time tonight she said =D

Heads up, if your friend does this for you, she will be fired.

Top Bottom