• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

My wife just ordered me a Mario/Switch Bundle from Gamestop, for Christmas, but we are just so sure Gamestop will over-sell and then cancel orders. We've generally had crummy experiences with them in the past.

I really hope this pre-order sticks. I've got it, and at Bestbuy a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 LE, which I am hoping will make an amazing holiday.

oh snap I'd buy one asap for that price. I need to cancel this bundle from gamestop then lol f this price then
Look at your local retailers (maybe check sites like brickseek or istocknow), depending on where you live you might find it in stock. Should be easier than finding it online.

patchday

Ya I just need a Switch for Xenoblade 2. But since I'm terrified Switch will sellout before December I'm going out to my local Best buy to buy it today. Granted, I might buy Mario Odyssey physical ver as well (when it realizes)

But definitely just cancelled my Gamestop preorder. Thanks Gaf- I didnt know I could get a Switch for $299 that's much better than $360 prices I've been seeing on Amazon for weeks

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Good luck selling a code for full retail price.

I looked for a place to buy switch codes for retail price but tax free. I could not find one. I think these things would sell fine on ebay for full price, the problem is that you loose the ebay/paypal fees but you could sell for full retail price. At least to me you could.

The Gamestop preorder page lists a screen protector as one of the included items:

Carrying Case + Screen Protector (Super Mario Odyssey Edition)

Does anyone have any info on the type of screen protector? I'd like to make sure I'm using a decent one.

jadedm17

full download always means there's no physical game in the package

I'll pass

Ditto. Sigh

1) Sell it on eBay right away for like $55
2) Go buy the physical copy at Best Buy with GCU discount
3) ???
4) profit

F selling on eBay in 2017, personally.
Sold a $25 insured razr phone in 2015 and lost all $25 when the buyer said they received an empty package, which for some reason isn't covered by insurance since they got the packaging?

Firebrand

The Gamestop preorder page lists a screen protector as one of the included items:

Carrying Case + Screen Protector (Super Mario Odyssey Edition)

Does anyone have any info on the type of screen protector? I'd like to make sure I'm using a decent one.
I believe the ones that come with the carrying cases are plastic films. They're not tempered glass if that's what you're after.

Jerm411

Went in to my local GS this morning to try and pre-order, got one with no issue....

Asked if they had a certain allotment as I figured they'd be gone but to my surprise I was told they weren't allotted any certain number which was weird cause they always do esp. for console launches. I live in a small town so it's usually not very many so I didn't have high expectations but it worked out so I'm happy.

Was always going to buy a second Switch....was trying to hold out for Black Friday but Nintendo got me. I'm a sucker for bundles and a Mario one was the trick, even if it's just a carrying case and red joy-cons.

ItIsOkBro

This thing is $500 in Canada???!!!?!?!

I could buy a switch and a physical copy of Odyssey with $20 to spare!

What a stupid ass bundle.

plank

I've never Pre ordred anything in my life before this will be the first. I was always there day one starting with Sunshine.

I just strolled in and preordered the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle days later. I guess the supply for the Switch is more ample now. So vastly different from the SNES Classic preorder situation. And I'm thrilled Mario is a digital download. I've been all digital for a while now.

Nekster

315€ on fnac.es (Spain), they also gives 15€ in credit for future purchases. Only if you own the fnac membership card (it costs 10€ for 2 years and can be bought online).

1) Sell it on eBay right away for like $55
2) Go buy the physical copy at Best Buy with GCU discount
3) ???
4) profit

How does selling codes on eBay work? Would you ship the actual code? I think I read somewhere that just messaging buyers the code is against ToS.

I'll probably keep this bundle if I can get rid of the code, and get the physical copy.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So I was able to get the Wii U Wind Waker bundle at Kmart back in 2013 when it came out. Is there any chance I'll be able to actually find one of these when it comes out?

If not, where is the best place to order it from and can I still order it? And do they charge your card now or when it releases?

Top Bottom