• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

UberTag

Japan is getting the case and Joy-Cons separately, just as they did the Splatoon ones..

D7eYJT1.png
Looks like I'm importing another set of Joy-cons because NoA refuses to bring the bundled ones over separately.

Suits me fine. My green and pink Splatoon 2 Joy-cons are sexy as fuck. Gotta catch 'em all!
(Actually, I still haven't gotten around to buying the mass-produced default grey ones yet. Perhaps I'll feel compelled to at some point.)

Owari

You'd be surprised. A lot of gamers have a staunch no digital policy because non-physical = I don't "own" it.
That's pretty dumb tbh. Tinfoil hat status. If you lose your Switch, the games stay tied to your account.

Are people that mad they can't get pennies on the dollar a year later at gamestop?

That's pretty dumb tbh. Tinfoil hat status. If you lose your Switch, the games stay tied to your account.

Are people that mad they can't get pennies on the dollar a year later at gamestop?

"But Nintendo can ban your account and take your games away!"

D.Lo

No they didn't...at all. People need to stop the switch hyperbole.
Haha I love it how you turn up in all these Switch threads just to shit on it. I just can't fathom what could drive someone to do that, why not just stay out of threads about something you hate?

Ponn

Banned
Best Buy got stock. Walmart has both bundles and regular. GameStop where I'm at (central Wisconsin) has reggies as well. I'll give you amazon... but no where near unavailable to people like you suggested.

Best buy doesnt have stock if you click on it, and there are none available at stores nearby. Walmart doesn't have the console by itself either. Again if you click on it then it takes you right to forcing you to buy other stuff to get it. For something thats not sold out I sure am having a hard time finding a regular grey switch console.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know I have waited a long time for this day. I purposely held off on buying a Switch day one because i knew this bundle would happen.

So many kept telling me there's no chance.

Nintendo games go for a good price on the second hand market. I returned a Switch after having it almost a month although I'm looking at getting another in a few months possibly. Luckily I got most of my money back on the physical carts. If I went digital I would have been out of luck.

Best buy doesnt have stock if you click on it, and there are none available at stores nearby. Walmart doesn't have the console by itself either. Again if you click on it then it takes you right to forcing you to buy other stuff to get it. For something thats not sold out I sure am having a hard time finding a regular grey switch console.

Well I seen em with my own eyes today. Online probably only pulls up local stuff. But there out there man. Don't know what else to say

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
This bundle might just put me over the edge to break down and buy a Switch. I like the red a lot too.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Haven't picked up a Switch yet but this is the bundle I'll be getting. Almost picked one up the other day but decided to wait for a bundle like this. I'd much prefer to have a physical copy but I'll manage.

ironmang

How is it tinfoil status that someone actually wants a physical object?

And no, they don't sell for "pennies on the dollar" lulz. I sold my Bayonetta 1+2 for $40, MK8 and Smash for $30, and a handful of other games around $15-20 when I got rid of my WiiU earlier this year. If I had bought those digital I would have gotten $0.

Oh man, I'm so excited for this bundle might actually get the switch with this *sees price* oh that's expensive, and that's just in dollars I don't want to see the UK price for it.

Question for switch owners. If you have a digital game, are you able to transfer it to another SD card or is it locked to 1.

Poona

Aussie bundle has no red joy cons or carry case but it does come with a physical copy of mario

Can't win m8

Huh? It has the red joy cons here:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-231752-Nintendo-Switch-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Console-Switch

http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo...es-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and-nintendo-3ds

Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch-bundle(1).png

Anyway, not sure these joycons are all that great. They should be red and blue with yellow buttons or something like that instead of just red.

When can we pre-order and ho long should we expect stock to last? Might it be worth it to wait until holiday? I mean, Nintendo did say more stock is on the way. But is it gonna be enough?

Will this actually be up for pre-order? It's a killer Christmas gift but I don't know if I'm going to be at a computer every night at 4 am this week and next.

Are physical games really so important in this age of patches and DLCs?
I think resale value is a big part of it.

I loved digital download last generation, I wanted everything digital... But then I decided to sell all my older games (N64, GC, PS2, etc) and was amazed at how much they sold for, and it opened my eyes to the lasting resale value of physical games, especially Nintendo ones.

And now I feel like I'm throwing money away if I buy a digital game that's available on cart. Although with the Switch and lack of install option, the convenience of a digital library is a big draw, so I'm still conflicted... So far I only have Zelda physical, but I'd like Mario physical too, and Doom, and Skyrim... and

Owensboro

Are physical games really so important in this age of patches and DLCs?
They are if you like using your old games to help you buy new ones, especially since Nintendo games hold their value so well. Hell, Mario 3D Land still sells for $9 to GameStop, and you can get more selling yourself.

Not having physical doesn't bother me, but I understand wanting to only buy them. 3 of my Switch games have already funded future purchases :)

Top Bottom