• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting for this bundle, but only a downloadable code? Man, come on. I am fine with the bundle being the same price, but gotta have that awful tasting cartridge. Those joycons look sweet though...

pablito

Ordered from Best Buy - Is there any way to get an order confirmation sent to another email? I misspelled the email when I made the guest order. Corrected it at the end but it didn't go through for some reason.

Wiped89

I think resale value is a big part of it.

I loved digital download last generation, I wanted everything digital... But then I decided to sell all my older games (N64, GC, PS2, etc) and was amazed at how much they sold for, and it opened my eyes to the lasting resale value of physical games, especially Nintendo ones.

And now I feel like I'm throwing money away if I buy a digital game that's available on cart. Although with the Switch and lack of install option, the convenience of a digital library is a big draw, so I'm still conflicted... So far I only have Zelda physical, but I'd like Mario physical too, and Doom, and Skyrim... and

The convenience of digital is good but not enough to put me off buying everything physical. I can carry around every game I own in my carry case, and switching carts takes seconds.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm disappointed that the console isn't also red. This is the Wind Waker bundle all over. The GamePad had really nice Hylian text around the edges and a Zelda logo on it. But the Wii U console itself was nothing. Not even a Triforce on the sides. Such a disappointment, but I still got it.

I mean the least they could do is make the console itself red to make it known that it's a limited edition Mario Switch. Doesn't even look like the controllers have anything Mario on them at all aside from the red.

I still want it though. The box will look great next to my Zelda Wii U box.

And if there's a LE Mario release with an Amiibo like the Wind Waker LE (Which only had a statue because it came out before Amiibo was a thing. I'm still disappointed at that. Should have released it later.) had. But I won't bother if I have to spend twice as much again on eBay like I did with WW. I found the Wii U console at Kmart back in the day. I don't even know if they sell consoles anymore. They've really cut down their electronics focus lately.

HonMirin

DJo3nbfUEAAOt5L.jpg

Includes:

- Console
- Super Mario Odyssey game (Digital only)
- Special Mario Joycons
- Switch Carrying Case

DJo3pjmVAAAJafB.jpg

Price: $379.99

DJo4kQDV4AAHEnG.jpg:large

Photo credit: Wario64
Yup. I'm getting this. Done deal.

Juraash

I like this bundle a lot, the red joycon look really nice. If I didn't have the neon version I'd probably snag this. If they sell the joycon separately maybe they'll be my second set.

ktroopa

I fully expect the red joy cons to be sold separately after the SMO pack launches. They did the same with the splatoon 2 LE and will bag them the second I can :D

Pif

Banned
can we already logout from a switch console and login on the other with all our savedata and digital library ??

can we already logout from a switch console and login on the other with all our savedata and digital library ??

You can log in to another Switch and transfer your digital library, but I don't believe they have a system to system save transfer yet.

Pif

Banned
You can log in to another Switch and transfer your digital library, but I don't believe they have a system to system save transfer yet.

So for now nobody can buy a new switch and transfer all data.

This company is unbelievable.

Brizzo24

Includes:

- Console
- Super Mario Odyssey game (Digital only)
- Special Mario Joycons
- Switch Carrying Case

Price: $379.99

At first I thought that was a great deal, then I realized that the console itself sells for $299.99. For an additional $79.99 you're getting a digital game and a carrying case.

Hmmmm. That's $20 for a 'unique' case.

It's an incentive for those looking to pick up a Switch, surely, though it would be nice if the red theme continued, and the bundle included custom colored straps:

3uO848E.jpg

Or any other additional incentives to warrant $379 plus tax, like the upcoming Mario Odyssey Amiibos. Throw one of those in there Nintendo ;)

rERz7mA.jpg

So for now nobody can buy a new switch and transfer all data.

This company is unbelievable.

Yeah... I could see why they wouldn't consider save backups/transfers a necessity for day one, but it's kind of sad that we're still waiting. If nothing else, that feature would help people who break or lose their console.

I think they only charge you when it's shipped. That's usually how it works for me.

Got the Best Buy one! Thank you!

Best Buy will "pre-authorize" your card for the full amount of a purchase as soon as you place the order. That does essentially put a hold on those funds for a day or so, but it's not permanent. Still enough to hurt those with limited incomes.

UberTag

I fully expect the red joy cons to be sold separately after the SMO pack launches. They did the same with the splatoon 2 LE and will bag them the second I can :D
They didn't release the Joy-Cons separately in North America to my knowledge. Granted, the Walmart bundle itself didn't even start shipping out to folks until last Friday.

Both Europe and Japan had pre-orders up for both colors shortly after they were announced.

Not an important question but would NPD track Mario Odyssey sales from this bundle? I was hoping to track the sales performance of this game and thought it would skew the results lower if they don't count the bundle sales

I was like "meh" until i realized that the joycon's red is darker than the standard Neon

And now i need it

I've been trying real hard to see a difference between these and the Neon Red Joycons, but I just can't see any difference. I don't have a good eye for color though. I might have an easier time telling the difference if I saw them in person.

Was pumped but now not sure after reading it's the digital copy. Not a huge deal since I've gotten big games digitally before but I may just wait until closer to December to see if another bundle gets announced.

That's pretty dumb tbh. Tinfoil hat status. If you lose your Switch, the games stay tied to your account.

Are people that mad they can't get pennies on the dollar a year later at gamestop?

You have never sold a Nintendo game before right?

Please don't post about this if you are this ignorant.

Yeesh, that package design on the box is terrible. So cluttered.

Looks like a good bundle though. Carrying case looks decent, and a much better red than the neon.

RPGCrazied

Switch takes MicroSd cards. A standard SD card won't fit, unfortunately.

How big are switch games usually? I have a 16 gig micro one. I nomrally buy phsycial games though.

Really don't want to buy one though. Cause with this bundle and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be over $500.

RPGCrazied

Will 32 gigabyte work for someone that is only buying physical? Other than the digital version of odyssey, or is it recommend to get the 64 gigabyte one?

Top Bottom