• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run |OT| Dash, Jump, Switch

Chopper

Pew pew. Gotcha.

2XppomQ.png

Zero_IYAD

Yup.

Collect literally almost all coins you see (take the pink coin course and collect them all - a must), take all question mark blocks and Goombas (doing chain kills is crucial if more than one is on screen) with you in every area, don't get hit after you get your mushroom, (so the second one you get nets you 5 additional coins), make use of the star and make use of your bubbles. Oh and also finish on top of the goal post to get 10 maximum coins.

Finished with 407 coins and 1 second left on the timer. Took me an hour to beat that, but you need to have a route and just restart if you miss something. Sounds harder than it really is. I unlocked all stages but one (the Toad rally one...).

EDIT: Did a so-so run just for you with a total score of 405 coins. Watch the video to see how I did it: https://streamable.com/dzw78
Thank you, took me a few tries but I finally unlocked all World Star stages : )

hiryu64

Just grabbed this yesterday after watching Dashie play it, and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. So I guess I share this link for you guys to add me as a friend? Add me!

EDIT: Looks like the links are one-time use. FC is 5763-8647-8619, ID is hiryu64.

Camjo-Z

I guess...? I dunno, I still don’t hear it much, lol. It’s weird that it’s not more obvious like the others if it really is supposed to be a New Super Mario Bros. reference. Regardless, thanks for making the comparison!

It's definitely the most obscure sounding part of the song, if the Youtube comments are anything to go by. If you need any more proof, note that it's the only part of the song that uses the infamous NSMB "BAH!" noise.

Oynox

How did you complete the Tour? Just run through every level the first time and get the coins afterwards? Currently I am getting black coins in every level before moving on to the next. However I feel I might miss a lot of the game because I currently do everything with Mario.

I own this on iOS but i've been on android for quite a while now and need to pick this up again, google sent me £2 to claim so i'll throw it towards the android version of mario I think.

I really enjoyed this game and looking at my old save I was a few black coins away from beating the original content, so i'm looking forward to playing this again.

*edit* gave the new mode a play, I quite like it, very quick and to the point.

I was actually really enjoying Remix mode until I got to the point where I have to wait an hour between plays. I understand they want to make money, but why can't you just put in a mode that's enjoyable for F2P players? The majority of the game is already locked away, at least give us something.

Chopper

I was actually really enjoying Remix mode until I got to the point where I have to wait an hour between plays. I understand they want to make money, but why can't you just put in a mode that's enjoyable for F2P players? The majority of the game is already locked away, at least give us something.
What? Why do you have to wait?!

What? Why do you have to wait?!

If you don't own the full game there's a timer between plays. It starts out at a minute then goes to three minutes then to a half an hour, then up to an hour. I don't know how long it goes past that. You can skip waiting if you spend more tickets, but it costs 3 for 30 minutes, and 5 for an hour.

Just out of interest, why do you think they should give you anything when you clearly don't intend on giving anything in return?

They give you a free portion of the game that they want you to buy. Why would they give you more than this. They already got your download if you think they just want more mario exposure.

If you don't own the full game there's a timer between plays. It starts out at a minute then goes to three minutes then to a half an hour, then up to an hour. I don't know how long it goes past that. You can skip waiting if you spend more tickets, but it costs 3 for 30 minutes, and 5 for an hour.

This is because its more like a really generous demo. Its not a free to play game.

Chopper

Oh. In that case, cough up.

Jackson

Remix has been more enjoyable than the original game. It feels very F2P focused in a positive way. Mostly because the content feels fresh. Honestly, this is what the game should have been.

Good job Nintendo.

hiryu64

I've always been confused as to why Nintendo doesn't offer a "demo version" alongside the full version as opposed to the IAP approach. Considering most users don't look past the title, including "Demo Version" in the title would probably eliminate the sticker shock in most cases. Still, the game is well-worth five bucks, and probably ten. But that's about to get into a whole other discussion about devaluation of mobile titles and games in general, so eh.

Anyway, how does the music feature work? I tap the icon and Mario puts on the headphones, but I don't hear anything after that.

Also NEED MOAR FRANZ! 5763-8647-8619, hiryu64

mantidor

Anyway, how does the music feature work? I tap the icon and Mario puts on the headphones, but I don't hear anything after that.

It just silences music. in iOS it's tied to iTunes so you can hear your iTunes music (afaik), in Android it just mutes the music so you can use Spotify or whatever.

Lijik

i hope the ios version gets patched to just let you listen to what youre already playing. it sucks listening to a podcast and load up the game only to have it instantly switch it to some random track i bought off itunes years ago

Aske

i hope the ios version gets patched to just let you listen to what youre already playing. it sucks listening to a podcast and load up the game only to have it instantly switch it to some random track i bought off itunes years ago

I bought the game when I saw it was on sale just so I could play it while listening to podcasts. Is there any way at all to do this? This is beyond stupid. It's also powerfully irritating to suddenly have my music kick off completely unbidden.

Ninja Dom

No, you need to complete all levels in the main game, and then each of the 9 new levels have a specific objective you need to complete in order to unlock that level.

But I have. I’ve completed everything in the main game. Even all the red, purple and black coins in every level (see my post from July in this thread). But World Star is all locked.

EDIT: My mistake. I understand. I have to complete that specific requirement that the World Star Level is asking. Gotcha.

Oynox

I constantly play Toad Ralley and Remix 10 because I have so many tickets that the bonus ones for completing worlds would vanish. But I want to continue the tour but I get more and more tickets damn.

foltzie1

I constantly play Toad Ralley and Remix 10 because I have so many tickets that the bonus ones for completing worlds would vanish. But I want to continue the tour but I get more and more tickets damn.

Once you purchase the ? Blocks in game you'll never have to worry about tickets again. You'll get an average of ~30 tickets from all four blocks.

They only seem to exist to encourage purchasing the game, which is clever F2P implementation that gets out of the way quickly.

I picked this up on sale a few days ago and it’s been my go to game while I’ve been recovering from a nasty flu I caught when I travellled interstate.

My girlfriend has been happily watching the bachelorette while I destroy my thumbs trying to get all of the black coins.

Totofogo

Neo Member
It just silences music. in iOS it's tied to iTunes so you can hear your iTunes music (afaik), in Android it just mutes the music so you can use Spotify or whatever.

If you delete the standard music app on iOS, you can play via Spotify/Podcasts/whatever you choose... kind of silly that this is the case, but at least there's a way. Maybe deletion isn't necessary and there's a way to set a system default?

I don't usually play F2P games, so I've always been extremely happy with Nintendo's decision to make the game a one-time purchase. If you're enjoying the game that much, is there any option for you to spend money that isn't a purchase of the full game? As far as I've seen you can only get more tickets via My Nintendo.

Yup.

Collect literally almost all coins you see (take the pink coin course and collect them all - a must), take all question mark blocks and Goombas (doing chain kills is crucial if more than one is on screen) with you in every area, don't get hit after you get your mushroom, (so the second one you get nets you 5 additional coins), make use of the star and make use of your bubbles. Oh and also finish on top of the goal post to get 10 maximum coins.

Finished with 407 coins and 1 second left on the timer. Took me an hour to beat that, but you need to have a route and just restart if you miss something. Sounds harder than it really is. I unlocked all stages but one (the Toad rally one...).

EDIT: Did a so-so run just for you with a total score of 405 coins. Watch the video to see how I did it: https://streamable.com/dzw78

I was getting so frustrated because I kept finishing at around 380 coins and was starting to think it was impossible to get 400. I never thought about utilizing the bubbles like that. This is a game changer!

Lijik

the latest ios patch seems to fix the music issue, started up a podcast in overcast and played a bit of remix 10 with no interruptions. dont know if having headphones plugged in will impact it in any way but i dont think it should

Aske

the latest ios patch seems to fix the music issue, started up a podcast in overcast and played a bit of remix 10 with no interruptions. dont know if having headphones plugged in will impact it in any way but i dont think it should

Confirmed - and I used the newly-terrible official podcast app. No headphones, and no problems.

Totofogo

Neo Member
I'm hoping the Mario Odyssey crossover items come back around its release... Remix 10 has reignited my interest in this, definitely undersold it the first time around.

“The appearance rate of 5* items has increased!”

Has it!? I haven’t had one in about twenty Remix runs.

How about you guys?
Do they only have a chance of appearing if you get all coins on a route?

Ninja Dom

Whats the trick to clearing 20+ ninjis in 2-4? I cant seem to figure it out

Luigi. You need him to comfortably jump off Ninji’s and cannonballs onto the high platform where 4 Ninji’s are. Make sure you get the Invincibility Star. And use one of your bubbles to deliberately take you back through the level to kill any Ninji’s that you left behind.

I completed it killing exactly 20.

Finally decided to jump in during the 5 dollar sale. I'm really not much of a mobile gamer but it's super fun. That remix playing during the Remix 10 is just so catchy. Daisy is the best character!

Just a couple questions

1 When you tap on Peach's Castle you get a picture showing a layout of how the kingdom used to look. Is there a purpose behind this other than giving you an example layout? I've recreated it with everything and it didn't seem to do anything.

2 In Remix 10, what triggers the different "bonus stages" (Secret Course, Remix Course, etc) or is it just completely random that gets more likely the higher the level? One time I actually managed to get two remixes in one 10 course run!

Thanks.

Ninja Dom

Finally decided to jump in during the 5 dollar sale. I'm really not much of a mobile gamer but it's super fun. That remix playing during the Remix 10 is just so catchy. Daisy is the best character!

Just a couple questions

1 When you tap on Peach's Castle you get a picture showing a layout of how the kingdom used to look. Is there a purpose behind this other than giving you an example layout? I've recreated it with everything and it didn't seem to do anything.

2 In Remix 10, what triggers the different "bonus stages" (Secret Course, Remix Course, etc) or is it just completely random that gets more likely the higher the level? One time I actually managed to get two remixes in one 10 course run!

Thanks.

1. Just an example. Doesn’t do anything if you recreate it exactly.

2. Random as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom