• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
Nothing I suppose. Good looking out with that Unity link though, that's some hot detective work there.

Updated my list a bit, hope people can make corrections or get their memory jogged:

All but confirmed:

Strider (All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo)
Phoenix Wright ( なるほど、ハイプになるだよ!(`_´)ゞ ; Well now it's hype! Phoenix Wright, followed by someone pointing)
Chuck Greene (or is it Frank West? People said it was a DR2 recipe) (You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition)
Apocalypse (Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world)
Jubilee ("fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one" @Barlog_WINS , 2011 ; We all know Alysson Court is the one true Jubilee (and Claire Redfield!), Catherine Disher, Cedric Smith, Lawrence Bayne, I could go on & on ; My need to feed ; I gotta find it fast ; To keep me alive)
Venom (time to sleep, and no, i will not rely on mr sandman, haha man this has been some night ; Hey does anyone remember the movie babe? the one about the talking pig? that was a good movie, james cromwell was dope in it)

Potential:

Rogue (what a great line to jam to in the mornin', "can't get you outta my head like kylie minogue", ah fun times ; speaking of old marvel casts, lenore zahn is amazing as is richard fucking grieco aka best ghost rider ever as he killed galactus so hard)
Cable/Urien (Get ready to die cause it's gonna get rough)

Questionable:

Dr. Strange/Mandarin/MegaMan Starforce(?) (so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours ; of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat)
??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
Batsu/Rival Schools Character/??? (don't be a foo and stay in schoo ; Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down ; We back again in the LAB now To turn it out ; We gon get you out your seats now Y'all know what's it all 'bout)
Queen Bee/??? (Get BEEZY whoa EASY don't know if y'all is READY Verb-eezy check the mic Lis-eezy check the mic)
Cable/??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
??? (just remember, imma continue to use my playa hatin' degree, so watch out mofos)
Roll/??? (dat robochick would give anyone dat h.a.r.d.a.c)
Doctor Octopus? (speaking of the late tony jay, he was also virgil and megabyte! not to mention having a role in twins)

Should also note, credit goes to detectives at SRK and Capcom-Unity too.

Batsu, Frank West and Roll are more or less confirmed. Makes sense considering they were in TvC.

EYEL1NER

Last time I checked this thread (yesterday), everyone was assuming the 'Can't get you outta my head' line meant Juggernaut, but now everyone thinks it's Rouge?

Well, that's...disappointing.

MrMephistoX

scytheavatar said:
Batsu, Frank West and Roll are more or less confirmed. Makes sense considering they were in TvC.

Wasn't the "ryuusei sound" also potentially tied to Mega Man Starforce? I'd love Batsu but to not include Mega Man yet again would be criminal.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
MrMephistoX said:
Wasn't the "ryuusei sound" also potentially tied to Mega Man Starforce? I'd love Batsu but to not include Mega Man yet again would be criminal.

They might save him for SUPER MARVEL VS CAPCOM: ARCADE EDITION for LOLz

kirblar

MrMephistoX said:
It was. Starforce Mega Man makes a great deal of sense, with Roll representing the original series.

MrMephistoX

EYEL1NER said:
Last time I checked this thread (yesterday), everyone was assuming the 'Can't get you outta my head' line meant Juggernaut, but now everyone thinks it's Rouge?

Well, that's...disappointing.

Or Kylie Mingoue/Cammy?

GSR

Wait, Starforce Megaman is actually semi-likely?

What the fuck.

I would have no objection, but this only solidifies my belief that I will never, ever understand Capcom's handling of the Mega Man games.

_dementia said:
An arcade edition would be pretty wild. Is MvC3 popular overseas at all?

It sold only a fraction of what it sold in the US from what I know.
Edit:
Removed the sales figures, I didn't see it was from that one site, but there's more than one source saying that the Japanese sales pale to the US ones. I don't know for fact though.

Beth Cyra

GSR said:
Wait, Starforce Megaman is actually semi-likely?

What the fuck.

I would have no objection, but this only solidifies my belief that I will never, ever understand Capcom's handling of the Mega Man games.
This is how I feel.

Until Lupinko confirms it's Starforce I can't believe they would choose him. Niitsuma has name dropped X like a dozen times and has even said how Capcom knows he is the most wanted Rock as well as the fact that X was considered for the original MvC III release.

Choosing Starforce just doesn't make sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TruePrime said:
This is how I feel.

Until Lupinko confirms it's Starforce I can't believe they would choose him. Niitsuma has name dropped X like a dozen times and has even said how Capcom knows he is the most wanted Rock as well as the fact that X was considered for the original MvC III release.

Or maybe these Starforce references lead elsewhere to an X clue.

And Lupinko isn't going to confirm shit, he's prob not gonna even come out and say "Yes Strider and Apocalypse are in" after those obvious clues too.

Even then I must say, I'm surprised how someone can come up with all of these riddles and red herrings really. Bravo.

FootNinja said:
if cyclops is not in this I will not buy it. i am pissed already that he isn't expected.

What would he offer in terms of gameplay that other characters don't do already?
Unless he gets a serious moveset overhaul, Cyclops is just Ryu with a visor. :V

GSR

TruePrime said:
This is how I feel.

My guess is that we're either on the wrong path completely or this is just meant to get us onto "Megaman" without spilling the beans on which one, since the one being hinted is so unlikely it's almost certainly not the case.

GSR said:
My guess is that we're either on the wrong path completely or this is just meant to get us onto "Megaman" without spilling the beans on which one, since the one being hinted is so unlikely it's almost certainly not the case.

Don't count out Niitsuma's potential for trolling. He IS a Capcom employee after all. And we did get MODOK and Sentinel. I've been laughing at the resulting salt mines since MODOK has been revealed.

Oh God, how much I would love Capcom to put in the Vision. He's probably one of my favorite Avengers, somewhere close to Iron Man and Captain Marvel/Pulsar/Photon (you know, the black girl with the afro).

GSR

Becquerel said:
Don't count out Niitsuma's potential for trolling. He IS a Capcom employee after all. And we did get MODOK and Sentinel. I've been laughing at the resulting salt mines since MODOK has been revealed.

Point well taken. In any given MvC conundrum, one should always keep "I am getting the shit trolled out of me" in mind as a possibility.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GSR said:
I have a feeling Starforce is the 'nitty gritty' trail Lupinko is hinting at us being on. We're not quite there yet, but Starforce has to do with it though.

I still think we need to figure out how this tweet connects to his more recent tweets though:
"too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector"

I'm already bad at this but I'm stumped here.

Well, Aegis Reflector clearly belongs to Urien, that's one of his moves.
"John not getting AIDS"... maybe a reference to Elton John AIDS foundation? I have no clue tho. :p

Busaiku said:
Everyone hating on MODOK are the real trolls.

MODOK is like my absolute favorite Marvel villain.

Gunloc said:
I'd love to see Cyclops in the game.

I need dat heavy breathing.

yeah but Vision is an awesome synthezoid with solar blasts plus phasing into enemies and shit, besides, we need more Avengers

Ultron would be even better.

Green Scar said:
yeah but Vision is an awesome synthezoid with solar blasts plus phasing into enemies and shit, besides, we need more Avengers

Neither of them wear blue and yellow spandex. That is essential.

Green Scar said:

After seeing how badass he was in the latest Avengers series, I totally agree. I imagine it would be easy to get Tom Kane who's already voicing Magneto too.

EDIT: On the other hand if Cyclops is in the game, they'd likely get Nolan North who's already voicing Deadpool. Would be funny to hear him yell out Optic Blast and Gene Splice.

Gunloc said:
Neither of them wear blue and yellow spandex. That is essential.

Wolverine is enough blue'n'yellow for anyone

I'm kinda bummed out on the classic X-Men, if they have to include any more I'd rather they had someone like Beast. New X-Men would be cool, although from what I've seen the designs aren't exactly great- X-23 turned out to be a decent enough choice, but apart from Armor I have no idea who they could include.

Avengers or bust! I'd love to see Nova and Black Widow included to allow for a Cap battle entrance taunt referencing Secret Avengers.

Green Scar said:
Avengers or bust! I'd love to see Nova and Black Widow included to allow for a Cap battle entrance taunt referencing Secret Avengers.
Fuck yeah, Nova. Some more cosmic Marvel love would be great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
These two tweets:
"Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down"
"We back again in the LAB now To turn it out"

Any labs of note in any of the Starforce games? Perhaps with references to other MM games or just any other references there?

Degen

nice, I'm cool with Daredevil

he should make like Kenshi from MK:DA and look straight at the screen the whole time

enzo_gt said:
These two tweets:
"Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down"
"We back again in the LAB now To turn it out"

Any labs of note in any of the Starforce games? Perhaps with references to other MM games or just any other references there?

*coughBattleNetworkcough*

Yes X-23 is lonely and her den mother Gambit Marvel hates.... IMO.

So they put in Jubilee for her to cuddle with. You know, since both are Logan's daughters. Just some sisterly bonding.... with some biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom