• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

^It does this when you're playing offline. It has something to do with either your firewall (disable sandbox in your firewall, or kill the process entirely) or antivirus, or something blocking SMB from connecting to the INET. Double check if other games can connect fine.

Emitan

I've disabled anti-virus, added an exception for Super Meat Boy, and even disabled the firewall completely and it still can't connect.

I've disabled anti-virus, added an exception for Super Meat Boy, and even disabled the firewall completely and it still can't connect.

Try this, it might work. But it's definitely some kind of issue where something is interfering with the game's ability to connect (programs or settings), make sure you aren't running any sandbox stuff.

Are you simply using Windows Firewall, or are you using something else? Also, do any other games have issues connecting? If you are having issues with other games you may need to mess around with any router settings.

Emitan

I had already disabled Steam Community. I just tested TF2 and I'm having no problems connecting to servers. It's just Meat Boy. I wish I could just disable it's online features so I wouldn't have to deal with the game freezing.

Damn man, only thing I could think of is try verifying your file integrity in Steam, or try reinstalling. Maybe clear your browser cache and personal history for any MySQL mix ups. But aside from continuing to try messing around with settings to isolate the issue I have no idea. Usually this is a Steam or Firewall problem.

Emitan

Yeah, I've tried pretty much everything. The same issue happens on my Mac, too so I think it's something wrong with my connection.

Did you ever get this working? If not, try a different connection, maybe search for any open access points in your area and see if you still have trouble connecting.

Davey Cakes

I have to say, I'm really impressed with myself. Beat this game 100% just the other day, after owning it since it first came out. I initially gave up trying to complete World 5's Dark World (and thus The End's Dark World and most of Cotton Alley) because I got too frustrated. The game is undoubtedly brutal. However, recently I had a spark of inspiration to go back and try to complete the game, because leaving it as it was bugged me. Besides, I needed a good challenge.

I still encountered a weird glitch where the game gave me the achievement (X360 version) for 100% completion even though I hadn't even completed all of Cotton Alley. Additionally, my completion rate is actually 107% and I don't really know why. I also collected a bandage in Cotton Alley's Dark World, for 101 bandages overall.

EDIT: Reading some of the thread, I guess that's not a glitch?

Oh, and I went for all A+ times as well and succeeded.

I have not downloaded/completed all of "Teh Internets" but I actually don't consider that to be part of the main game. And honestly, I don't even want to bother. At least, not yet. I need to cool down for a while after beating the non-DLC chapters of the game.

This game is a true test of patience and platforming skill. But it has the capability of driving the player mad. At one point I was thinking of checking myself into a mental institution. Hah. Additionally, it really promotes masochism more than any other game in recent memory.

My hand hurts so much... but maybe I'll beat this game eventually

edit: well I've technically already beat it and unlocked the Kid... but I'm trying to do the dark world now.

Davey Cakes

I went against my earlier post and decided to do all the DLC chapters available in Teh Internets." A+ times on everything, because I wouldn't feel satisfied otherwise.

NOW I'm done with this game completely...until more chapters are released.

I went against my earlier post and decided to do all the DLC chapters available in Teh Internets." A+ times on everything, because I wouldn't feel satisfied otherwise.

NOW I'm done with this game completely...until more chapters are released.

you could get the PC version, the "super meat world" addition is User-Created DLC that is featured and ordered by rating.

It's like endless DLC at difficulty levels you've never seen before. :)

Davey Cakes

you could get the PC version, the "super meat world" addition is User-Created DLC that is featured and ordered by rating.

It's like endless DLC at difficulty levels you've never seen before. :)
I actually got the PC version of Super Meat Boy recently, in the Humble Bundle. So yeah I have access to that stuff.

But with me, it's more about completion than just playing endlessly for shits and giggles, which is why I like the X360 one. I feel like there's a ceiling of completeness for me to hit.

The amount of content in the main game alone was enough to satisfy anyone, but I played the DLC because I didn't want to leave it hanging there. I'm OCD sometimes about that.

I'm OCD sometimes about that.

I must be OCD too because I have 100% completed Chapter 4 but it only says 96% complete. I know it shouldn't bother me because it's just a glitch and I really beat everything in the Chapter but it drives me crazy! haha

If you guy's are really OCD, you should go try and score a sub 8 sec run on 5-13, just for a start.

Or 1-15x, 6.65 or lower. "Completion" means next to nothing in a game like this, it's the scores you can go through the fire and flames to get that require true OCD tendencies.

Davey Cakes

I was about to put myself into a straight jacket after beating Cotton Alley's dark world and the Expert Remix chapter. Enough is enough.
For now

I must be OCD too because I have 100% completed Chapter 4 but it only says 96% complete. I know it shouldn't bother me because it's just a glitch and I really beat everything in the Chapter but it drives me crazy! haha

YES! The game fixed it to 100% when I reboot it. Whew. That was close.

zapZI.png

YEEESSSSSSS! I never thought in a million years I would pull this off!
So glad I stuck with this incredible game through all the hard times.

I guess the most difficult parts I can remember from the playthrough was unlocking the Kid and that skyscraper warp zone.

Is there a way to see the percentage of people that got the achievements? 100% completion and unlocking the kid are really much harder to beat than the average $60 game that most people play these days.. so I'm curious what % of buyers actually stuck with it to the bitter end.

ghibli99

OT is still semi-"fresh", so I'm going with it. :p

Just wanted to stop in to say that I finally started this after having it sitting on my 360 since launch. After my first few days with it, I got 100% in the first world, although -1 still eludes me. Soon, though.

The controls feel a touch floaty, but that could just be because I came directly from DKCR. Still getting used to it!

Really digging it, though. I feel like I have a different kind of appreciation for it after seeing Indie Game: The Movie. Love all the oldschool touches and references. Really feels like I could have been best friends with these guys back in grade school.

Looking forward to getting into it more... and getting punished hard in the process. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to bump, but I noticed something weird in the steam achievements. (trying to 100% it, am at 97% now, lol, late at the party I guess..).

How is it possible that only 1,1% have the Seneca Falls achievement (beat Cotton Alley x), while 2,6% have got the Golden god achievement (100%) ?

Don't you need to finish Seneca Falls to 100% the game?

So, did a lot of you guys actually 100% it?

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/SuperMeatBoy/achievements

Sorry to bump, but I noticed something weird in the steam achievements. (trying to 100% it, am at 97% now, lol, late at the party I guess..).

How is it possible that only 1,1% have the Seneca Falls achievement (beat Cotton Alley x), while 2,6% have got the Golden god achievement (100%) ?

Don't you need to finish Seneca Falls to 100% the game?

So, did a lot of you guys actually 100% it?

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/SuperMeatBoy/achievements

You don't need the "Iron Man" achievements to get 100%.

Top Bottom