• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Wiiball

scan0004.jpg

Discuss...

:)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
it doesnt look.....bad? its not stupendous either. looks like its got some cool stuff going on in the stages though.

What is that thing in the right shot? Spaceship? Submarine? What kid / dog?

I also wanna make sure these aren't Super Monkey Ball Adventures shots. I havent seen much of that either.

sprsk

well atleast the new sonic character isnt a cute bunny or a giant star fish or something

Rocked

TheKingsCrown said:
All you need for this game is the nunchuck, right?

No... I'm pretty sure the main board is controlled by the remote. The remote becomes the board, so to speak.

Rocked

And yeah, are we sure this isn't Monkey Ball Adventure? It probably isn't, because the colours looked more dull than this, but just checking.

8bit

Knows the Score
Rocked said:
And yeah, are we sure this isn't Monkey Ball Adventure? It probably isn't, because the colours looked more dull than this, but just checking.

The latest Edge mentions the minigames in SMBA, and I don't remember any of them involving a spaceship.

Whether this is real or not, I doubt a Super Monkey Ball-game can be considered indicative of the graphical capabilities of a console.

Edit: Ooops, reiterated what Cold-Steel just said.

8bit

Knows the Score
SolidSnakex said:
What's that?

No idea, it was on the original poster's site along with the Sonic image. Someone's got Sega's E3 brochure by the look of things.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I like the graphical effect that makes it look like the game is printed on newspaper.

It's going to be such a good showcase for the wiimote, baseball, underwater driving, flying. Awesome techdemo and the guy said ready for launch in the IGN interview. Totally cemented my purchase, just like with GC.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that first shot can't be the main game, can it? where are the EDGES? they'll probably have to simplify the challenges somewhat to suit the waggle wand, but not like that!

sprsk

drohne said:
that first shot can't be the main game, can it? where are the EDGES? they'll probably have to simplify the challenges somewhat to suit the waggle wand, but not like that!

i think its either a stage or one of the racing parts

drohne said:

heh, its like bowling with those bumpers in the gutters. :p

Rocked

drohne said:

Bonus stage.

SuomiDude

drohne said:

I think they could actually make the challenges more difficult (I hope not, as many of the stages in SMB are already partially only about luck), rather than simplifying them. Revmote will give better accuracy than analog stick.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
drohne said:

to many bananas for a main stage, the good bonus stages on monkey ball 1 were impossible to fall off as well (most of em) the challenge came from getting a perfect banana grab. Until they borked it in monkey 2 with stupidly impossible banana grabs.

could also be a very early stage which basically held your hand to show you the mechanics. need more stages shown....

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
TheKingsCrown said:
All you need for this game is the nunchuck, right?

Sega said it will use the attachment too. All the functions of the controller they said - so perhaps the accelerometers in the attachment too.

Cdammen said:
Nervous Hamster, whats the source?

he should be banned for this. Especially when no one knows wtf this is

scan00032ci.jpg

3_papeles

Tell me u more.

Just see the image,its very probably the same excatly than in gamecube,but just with wiipad,so crappy.

Anyway remember i said,i think ;)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The bat somehow gives me the idea that it really is the exclusive Wii version...

And hey - Shadow is back!!! Minus the guns, he actually isn't a bad character - looks like they're going to give him a chance to prove himself again... nice...

I can imagine the orgasms at seeing the new Sonic character with the diehard Sonic fans already... they really REALLY love Sonic... maybe a lil TOO much...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
3_papeles said:
Gameplay=gamecube too i think

Totally crappy.

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT

how can gameplay be the same as gamecube if you use a motion sensing controller instead of an analogue stick.

Also, GC gameplay was fucking ace, they should ape (heh) it as much as possible (Monkey ball 1)

sprsk

3_papeles said:
Tell me u more.

Just see the image,its very probably the same excatly than in gamecube,but just with wiipad,so crappy.

Anyway remember i said,i think ;)

what

Rocked

3_papeles said:
Tell me u more.

Do you post through the Altavista translator?

0/10

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MrSardonic said:
he should be banned for this. Especially when no one knows wtf this is

scan00032ci.jpg

You want to ban someone who's bringing you stuff (assuming these are non-english scans, of course :lol)?

Thanks for the 'stuff', Nervous.

I assume ^^ that scan is from The Club.

aoi tsuki

Not saying there's no room for improvement, but SMB's graphics have always looked great and very clean. They can keep the graphics the same for all i care as long as they also keep the gameplay and tight control. The Wiimote is a great match for this game, and for building up one's control of the new interface (of the Wiimote) as the previous versions were.

3_papeles

Well bad expressed perhaps..

Buts its very easy to understand...

If im going to do exactly the same but with the wiipad,thats not a fucking change..

Thats the fucking same but with wiipad.

Just that...

Top Bottom