• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Wiiball

Krowley

well according to a quick google search....

wings of war has blue orbs...

one of the shinobi's and nights.

and maybe a few more depending on what your definition of orb is..

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well as somebody said in the other tread I think it's Golden Axe, you had blue bulbs (or whatever you call them) when you hit the midgets, they gave you a block on your special attack meter.

gaming.gif

+

ps3ng.jpg

=

:D

A google search for blue bulbs/orbs reveals that nights had collecting blue orbs as an objective and shinobi had collecting blue orbs for life.
hmmmm

Krowley

RamzaIsCool said:
Well as somebody said in the other tread I think it's Golden Axe, you had blue bulbs (or whatever you call them) when you hit the midgets, they gave you a block on your special attack meter.

i'm remembering blue potion bottles

ziran

Golden Axe. I remember those annoying characters running around, I enjoyed kicking them to get the loot!

Wii SMB looks decent, but definitely current gen. Not a problem for me, but I still think it's a big gamble for Nintendo to go with a new console that looks current gen and to raise people's hopes so high, with 'you will say wow' and 'comparable to next gen'.

As for the gameplay, I'm really looking forward to seeing what AV does with the controller.

Krowley

Nervous Hamster said:

HOLY SHIT

PS3 purchase confirmed... and i've been pimping for a golden axe forever! I think i'm the only person that even mentioned golden axe.

holy crap!! praise sega for they are teh awesome!!!

I don't know if the game he's specifically referring with that hint is Golden Axe, but I will say that Golden Axe is in development. (This is not a guess.)

Emotions

Chris Remo said:
I don't know if the game he's specifically referring with that hint is Golden Axe, but I will say that Golden Axe is in development. (This is not a guess.)

Hey Chris any info if Nights is in development as well?

+Aliken+

Wonder who the gameplay will change, I mean it has to change or will it stay old school...
Too many questions and no possible answer until e3... when is it coming... I getting quite uneasy with the wait...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Golden Axe would be a good one to revive. And they couldn't really fuck it up either. It's not something that could go all Final Fight.

All I want to know though is where is NiGHTS.

Krowley

Probationsmack said:
I dont know who that character is.

Tell me.

golden axe is an awesome beatemup from back in the day... it could make a great 3d action game in the tradition of NG and DMC...

It includes multiple playable character with different moves and it's set in a fantasy universe. You can also ride beasts and attack on them. It had really great music.

It was originally an arcade game, but my first exposure to it was on genesis... i bought it along with the system (and columns and alex kid) and for a while it dominated my playtime.. i bet i've beaten the game more than 80 times... i got good enough so that i could almost go through the whole game without taking a hit.

golden-axe-1.jpg

edit// i'm so excited i can't even post properly!!

3_papeles said:
Tell me u more.

Just see the image,its very probably the same excatly than in gamecube,but just with wiipad,so crappy.

Anyway remember i said,i think ;)
Where the hell did you come from?

rdaubner

Could these images be from the brochures that will handed out next week at e3?
I was wondering when they would leak.
Mario please!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Please dont tell me that its going to be called super monkey wiiball. If Nintendo or other devs add Wii at the end of game titles like they did with N64 games it will be awful.

psycho_snake said:
Please dont tell me that its going to be called super monkey wiiball. If Nintendo or other devs add Wii at the end of game titles like they did with N64 games it will be awful.

Where've ya been?

It's Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Rocked

psycho_snake said:

No, it's called Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

yilmazz

3_papeles said:
Well bad expressed perhaps..

Buts its very easy to understand...

If im going to do exactly the same but with the wiipad,thats not a fucking change..

Thats the fucking same but with wiipad.

Just that...

genius5bf.jpg

jarrod

Banned
segasonic said:
I see circle shadows and low-res textures.
Stop looking at Phantasy Star Universe. :p

Anyway, Hyper Monkey ball looks okay... they're keeping the faux cell-shaded look from the DS game it looks like, hopefully it runs at 60 fps like Monkey Ball 1-2 did. Really though, it doesn't look any more impressive than Monkey Ball Adventure on GC/PS2 imo.

Oh no, Dole isnt back on the bananas. :(

I guess it looks ok. Honestly, the thing with games like monkey ball is, how graphically advanced can you make them? What are you supposed to do to make it look better? Its a cartoony game, youre not supposed to render pebbles.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
drohne said:
that first shot can't be the main game, can it? where are the EDGES? they'll probably have to simplify the challenges somewhat to suit the waggle wand, but not like that!
looks like "Bonus Stage" levels since it has so many bananas. those had bumpers in the first one (so did early levels, which this background theme could represent). but I agree that the stage design might have to fundamentally change depending on how the control is actually implimented and the sensitivty etc.

the jury is out. i want impressions

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
littlewig said:
I wonder if Sega has final Dev kits yet, looks like they are still stuck with the wiimote attached to a GC dev kit.
Nagoshi already said SMB3 will run on an upgraded SMB engine.

Top Bottom