• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Wiiball

ethelred

Chris Remo said:
I will never be able to understand some of the people who complain about graphics on boards like these, who see insane action game screenshots and complain about the shadow of a bush being skety, or who see Monkey Ball and complain about anything as if that has even the remotest bearing on a game like this. Honestly, I saw these shots and thought "Hey, looks nice." I'd play a game that looks like that, no problem. I mean, do you want them to go graphically apeshit on Monkey Ball? You want them to go all out Bomberman Zero style? It's a wacky platformer with a monkey in a ball.

...minigames?

I'm late as hell, but I had to post a reply to express my complete agreement with the above. :)

Alright, I've had enough.

This is looking bad. On one hand, I fully realize the Revolution is not as powerful as the 360/PS3. But still...why are these games looking like Gamecube and Xbox games? The Revolution is supposed to be 2 times stronger, yet these developers are being extremely lazy with graphics. How does Nintendo expect this to go over with the fickle US audience?

I'm sure there will be amazing looking games for the Revolution at E3. I'd bet that Metroid Prime 3 will look like an Xbox 360 game in fact. But, will most third party games look as meh as the stuff we've seen so far (not including Red Steel, which looks great)?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Jesus.

They are some terrible quality tiny scans, and not even showing the main game.

And it's fucking Monkey Ball! It will be 60fps, look fine, and above all play fucking brilliantly.

Xristot

PhoenixDark said:

This is looking bad. On one hand, I fully realize the Revolution is not as powerful as the 360/PS3. But still...why are these games looking like Gamecube and Xbox games? The Revolution is supposed to be 2 times stronger, yet these developers are being extremely lazy with graphics. How does Nintendo expect this to go over with the fickle US audience?

I'm sure there will be amazing looking games for the Revolution at E3. I'd bet that Metroid Prime 3 will look like an Xbox 360 game in fact. But, will most third party games look as meh as the stuff we've seen so far (not including Red Steel, which looks great)?

I think the thing most lacking from some of the screens we have seen are shaders. Had nintendo put in shaders the graphics would look a lot better. But who knows, maybe Nintendo will document the TEV (is that what its called) in the final dev kits for all developers to use.

That being said. This is just monkey ball. We are really just looking for a nice cartoony clean look. These screens show that and they are 2 inch scans. I bet the videos we see next week will look a lot better.

It's Monkey Ball.

MONKEY BALL.

can anyone actually picture in their minds what a truly "Next Gen" Monkey Ball would look like?

I'm thinking it would look like the new Sonic game at best.

ethelred

PhoenixDark said:

Wait until E3.

I would imagine that we will see a lot of games that were initially started on the GameCube and probably just got pushed back and upgraded for the Wii -- Super Monkey Ball 3 had been rumored for the GameCube for years, and we can be practically certain that Nintendo killed plenty of GCN games in favor of moving them to a more viable future console. Projects like these will mostly look like current gen games with new play mechanics (similar situation to a number of 360 launch titles).

However, we've still barely seen anything. There will certainly be amazing looking Nintendo and third aprty games -- not on the same scale as the 360 or the PS3, but amazing nonetheless. Let's not rush to snap judgements just days before E3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
people here expecting Super Monkey Ball to be a showcase of Wii graphics...:lol

Jim

civilstrife said:
It's Monkey Ball.

MONKEY BALL.

can anyone actually picture in their minds what a truly "Next Gen" Monkey Ball would look like?

I'm thinking it would look like the new Sonic game at best.

This, of course :D Check out those shaders! Best water evar.

640x480.jpg

It's fucking Monkey Ball, are you expecting Gears of War amounts of detail or something?

Also, Nights or Shinobi on PS3 would be great.

Peru

Super Monkey Ball is Super Monkey Ball. As long as it's clean and not jaggy, what more can you expect?

ethelred

Mr. Pointy said:
It's fucking Monkey Ball, are you expecting Gears of War amounts of detail or something?

Also, Nights or Shinobi on PS3 would be great.

Shinobi, sure.

NiGHTS? No way. That needs to be on Wii.

monkeyrun

3_papeles said:
Tell me u more.

Just see the image,its very probably the same excatly than in gamecube,but just with wiipad,so crappy.

Anyway remember i said,i think ;)
I wasn't expecting perfect english, but this is way too much .....

Jim

jacktion said:
This is the new Gamecube Monkey Ball game. Not the Wii one. You knuckleheads.
Get a clue.

Yeah, that's one of the three unannounced super secret games at the E3... A new Super Monkey Ball for the GameCube. Or not. (/me resisting posting the "Get a clue, Morans" image)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Here's a clue! Says "people who like to tell others to get a clue are just setting themselves up for a fall".

Hmmm, a cryptic one. I wonder what it means.

Rocked

Jim said:
Yeah, that's one of the three unannounced super secret games at the E3... A new Super Monkey Ball for the GameCube. Or not.

No there actually is a new Monkey Ball coming out on GameCube.

boxshot_uk_small.jpg
boxshot_us_small.jpg

Jim

Rocked said:
No there actually is a new Monkey Ball coming out on GameCube.

True, Adventures was announced for GCN, PSP and PS2 months ago, and already shown... but that's definitely not the same game from the scans.

LOcKY

the next question i want answered is.... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER MODES!!!

just imagine monkey fight with 8 players! or even... Monkey Race with the inspiration from F-Zero but ONLINE!!

DO IT SEGA!!!! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!

*sayyyy....gaaaaaar!!*

^Sega confirmed no online

ethelred said:
Wait until E3.

I would imagine that we will see a lot of games that were initially started on the GameCube and probably just got pushed back and upgraded for the Wii -- Super Monkey Ball 3 had been rumored for the GameCube for years, and we can be practically certain that Nintendo killed plenty of GCN games in favor of moving them to a more viable future console. Projects like these will mostly look like current gen games with new play mechanics (similar situation to a number of 360 launch titles).

However, we've still barely seen anything. There will certainly be amazing looking Nintendo and third aprty games -- not on the same scale as the 360 or the PS3, but amazing nonetheless. Let's not rush to snap judgements just days before E3.

On the plus side, unlike the N64, the games arent being anounced and pulled back.

For example, Resident Evil 0, Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures.

The only case with the GC has been rumored titles...Pilotwings and Monkey Ball.

To all the people moaning about the graphics. . . most third-parties are still working with Dolphin dev kits. It's about spending time making sure the controller works and offers something truly great.
The only stuff that will be truly representative of the hardware at this early stage is Nintendo's own offerings. Don't forget we're still six months from launch.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
A lot of people don't seem to know there's an interview (well, more than one) out there:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/703/703834p1.html

IGN Wii: Will the title feature an online mode of any kind?

NagoshiL No, it will not.

And no one should be surprised by the graphics, if they've been reading the interviews anyway:

IGN Wii: How are the visuals different from the GameCube version, if at all?

Nagoshi: There are some differences due to new memory and some new functions. I believe the real appeal of Revolution is the controller, and the new gameplay it opens up.

1UP: Are you using a new graphics engine for the game, or is it based on the previous games?

TN: It's a customized version based on the previous engine. We've been able to exploit it in ways that I'm sure will make players happy.

LOcKY

WHAT!!?!? NO ONLINE?? MAD!! I tell you MAAaaad!!

seriously what is wrong with sega and ONLINE features.... is there anyother games besides Phantasy Star series which isnt online?

yup same olds sega... i bet if they want online they would want us to PAY FOR IT! MOFO!

LOcKY said:
WHAT!!?!? NO ONLINE?? MAD!! I tell you MAAaaad!!

seriously what is wrong with sega and ONLINE features.... is there anyother games besides Phantasy Star series which isnt online?

yup same olds sega... i bet if they want online they would want us to PAY FOR IT! MOFO!

Dreamcast-modem.jpg

Let's not exaggerate.

Acosta

In theory you should know about THE game this monday.

And I don´t know what game it is, this is not a hint, but all I know. Just know there is a "hugely anticipated" game to be presented by Sega that day. Is the only info I have (I wouldn´t have posted at all if I knew more).

Top Bottom