• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Wiiball

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
3_papeles said:
Well bad expressed perhaps..

Buts its very easy to understand...

If im going to do exactly the same but with the wiipad,thats not a fucking change..

Thats the fucking same but with wiipad.

Just that...

you know E3 is just 4 days away? You might not make it

3_papeles

jarosh said:
genius5bf.jpg

And u are a little kiddy retarded.

In my country we dont speak english..not the oficial language.

Do u think u are very intelligent for talk the language of ur country? :lol

Emotions

3_papeles said:

Where are you from 3 papeles?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
3_papeles said:

If im going to do exactly the same but with the wiipad,thats not a fucking change..

Just that...

And what the fuck is the deal with New Super Mario bros anyway? I did like, all of that crap 20 years ago.

yes it is a change. also, minigames, many many minigames all showcasing a new method of control in various fashions. Pick a better target to bag on, monkey ball is freaking awesome.

fair enough, I don't know if he was insulting your english skills though ;)

3_papeles said:

Super Monkey Ball has never been a graphical masterpiece dude. You can't analyze the graphics of Super Monkey ball. Well you can, but its like analyzing the graphics of a newspaper. The one sitting in front of you.

WTF!, another stupid Sonic clon?. Sonic, Shadow and Light? :lol

Monkey Ball looks great, the graphics don´t look much different than the previous monkey ball games in GC , but this games are about fun.

Rocked

TheKingsCrown said:
Super Monkey Ball has never been a graphical masterpiece dude. You can't analyze the graphics of Super Monkey ball. Well you can, but its like analyzing the graphics of a newspaper. The one sitting in front of you.

Framerate is the most important thing in Monkey Ball. :)

3_papeles said:

Just that...

I suppose we could have just got exactly the same thing with the same controller?

jarosh

3_papeles said:

lol. keep it coming.

catfish said:
I don't know if he was insulting your english skills though ;)
i certainly wasn't. as english is not my first language either and i don't live in an english speaking country.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rocked said:
exactly. There was 1 level in the PAL version that was poorly converted and stuttered, a big spinning ring with bumpers on it that you had to get on the ring and go forward, then quickly off again before a bumper came round. I died quite a few times due to weird graphical slowdown.

SyNapSe

Kuroyume said:
YIKES

That's awful. That doesn't even match up well with games from two years ago.

Well, to be fair.. it's Monkey Ball. It's a party game. Can't see much from these shots anyway except a new alternate world/space level. Still I can't wait! I loved the Monkey Ball series

Rocked

catfish said:
exactly. There was 1 level in the PAL version that was poorly converted and stuttered, a big spinning ring with bumpers on it that you had to get on the ring and go forward, then quickly off again before a bumper came round. I died quite a few times due to weird graphical slowdown.

PS2 SMB Deluxe had some slow down too if I remember correctly. :(

Rocked said:

Agreed, I wasn't think about it like that though. Basically from the perspective of "realistic". It sounds like that's what he wants out of Monkey Ball. Or better cel shading maybe?

fresquito

Don´t know why many of you give so much attention to the comment of this 3 papeles. It´s obvious he pulled his comment off his ass.

If that´s The Club I can´t seem to find how is Bizarre pushing the boundaries technically speaking. From what I can get from those scans (which is very little) it doesn´t look all that promising. But then again, they dished PGR3 and I think it looks ace, so we will see.

On SMB, well, it´s SMB, even if it was to be released on PS3 I wouldn´t mind having those graphics. It´s damn SMB, you don´t need anymore. BTW, is there any chance this is SMBA? Yesterday I saw a video from it on gametrailers and it didn´t look bad a t all.

Edit: I´m guessing this 3 papeles is from some spanish speaking country. Papeles means papers in spanish.

3_papeles

I just say i think.

Perhaps is very diferent and perhaps not.

Wii its suposed to be a machine with a new gameplay but with not very good graphics.

So i want new gameplay,not the same gameplay but with wiipad and with graphics of gamecube.

Or what u want?

Emotions

3_papeles said:
I just say i think.

Wii its suposed to be a machine with a new gameplay but with not very good graphics.

So i want new gameplay,not the same gameplay but with wiipad and with graphics of gamecube.

Or what u want?

Monkey Ball wii will have new gameplay mechanics. You should head over IGN and read the interview with the Director of the game. You will have a better idea of how it's implemented with the controller.

fresquito

3_papeles said:
I just say i think.

Or what u want?
You seem to be having problems when using your brain. How is the same gaming experience playing with a whole different interface? Is it the same playing Time Crisis with the gun than it´s playing with your regular control pad? Now move on and look for a better argument or at the very least, be funny when you troll next time.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks like a bonus stage, and 2 minigames (including a new UFO one), so can't really tell much.

I want to see pics off the new levels and Monkey Target 3!

Matix

Graphically, not that impressive. Although the gameplay is what counts, and it seems pretty solid from the pics/scans.

Cdammen

3_papeles said:
Same thing happened to the Nintendo DS when it was new, developers tried to adapt old gameplay mechanics when they really just needed to start from scratch. They'll learn, it just takes some time.

And it's really too early to judge it from just three screens. Wait till E3, all your questions will be answered then (I think). Just chill until then :)

scaffa

Cant see much from these scans but hej its SMB, what do you expect in the graphical department. The style seems to be somewhat different tho in comparison with the older versions, more like a cartoonish/cellshade look.

It looks nice from what I can see, SMB rocks :)

Jesus.

Why does Sega have to fuck up every good idea that hits them? SMB 1 was a CLASSIC. All they have to do is recreate SMB 1 with more levels, improved next-gen graphics, and Wii functionality....THAT'S IT. What's all this baseball, space vehicle nonsense???

I will never be able to understand some of the people who complain about graphics on boards like these, who see insane action game screenshots and complain about the shadow of a bush being skety, or who see Monkey Ball and complain about anything as if that has even the remotest bearing on a game like this. Honestly, I saw these shots and thought "Hey, looks nice." I'd play a game that looks like that, no problem. I mean, do you want them to go graphically apeshit on Monkey Ball? You want them to go all out Bomberman Zero style? It's a wacky platformer with a monkey in a ball.

NintendosBooger said:
Jesus.

Why does Sega have to fuck up every good idea that hits them? SMB 1 was a CLASSIC. All they have to do is make a SMB 1 with more levels, improved next-gen graphics, and Wii functionality....THAT'S IT. What's all this baseball, space vehicle nonsense???
...minigames?

fresquito

NintendosBooger said:
Jesus.

Why does Sega have to fuck up every good idea that hits them? SMB 1 was a CLASSIC. All they have to do is recreate SMB 1 with more levels, improved next-gen graphics, and Wii functionality....THAT'S IT. What's all this baseball, space vehicle nonsense???
It´s great multiplayer. Didn´t you play SMB2? The single player mode was a letdown from the first game, but multiplayer was ace. I hope this game blends the best of both games.

Krowley

NintendosBooger said:
Jesus.

i'm sure it's just the partygame aspect... like the pool game in part two and all the mini games... you know like the one where you fight and try to knock each other off the platform.

And to comment on this... i'm not a huge fan of this series but i can see how it would benefit from the revolutions controller. Graphicly, it looks like monkeyball, and it's not the type of series where you expect a huge graphics leap, so this looks ok... also the scans are very hard to judge.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
NintendosBooger said:
Jesus.

while I agree that the main game is where it's at, the monkey side games were very good generally. some misses, like monkey rowing, but some absolutely excellent and almost as good as the main game, like monkey target.

This sequel, provided they don't mess up the main mode like they did monkeyball 1 -> MB2 could be a 1 stop shop for controller showcase. Excellent launch title IMO.

Cdammen said:
Nervous Hamster, whats the source?

I dont actually have the brochure, someone sent these for me on email - mainly for the scan, which I didn't post, about one of my favourite games returning exclusively on PS3.

E3 will rock! I hope Sega can make a good show.

Waimea

Chris Remo said:
I will never be able to understand some of the people who complain about graphics on boards like these, who see insane action game screenshots and complain about the shadow of a bush being skety, or who see Monkey Ball and complain about anything as if that has even the remotest bearing on a game like this. Honestly, I saw these shots and thought "Hey, looks nice." I'd play a game that looks like that, no problem. I mean, do you want them to go graphically apeshit on Monkey Ball? You want them to go all out Bomberman Zero style? It's a wacky platformer with a monkey in a ball.

QFT, comments like this sometimes seem out of place at GAF...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Nervous Hamster said:
I dont actually have the brochure, someone sent these for me on email - mainly for the scan, which I didn't post, about one of my favourite games returning exclusively on PS3.

E3 will rock! I hope Sega can make a good show.

why not post the rest?

Waimea

Nervous Hamster said:
Because SEGA hasn't announced THE Game yet and I may be in trouble.

Eternal Champions or Daytona are my guesses, just cause I don't dare to suggest Nights (Famitsu am owned)

Nervous Hamster said:
Because SEGA hasn't announced THE Game yet and I may be in trouble.

You're way too nice. TO A FAULT PERHAPS.

:p

Anyone else know what classic sega game has blue orbs?

edit: bulbs?

Top Bottom