• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

That's the vewlix layout. Generally most of the older Tournament Edition sticks have that layout. The Qanba Q4 and Eightarc Sticks also use that layout, also the Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 line.

I think that poster is asking about the button orientation. Typically, Madcatz sticks are
Code:
☐ △ R1 L1
X O R2 L2

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Are there any other stock sticks with this exact layout for PS3?

Our Marvel VS Capcom 2 stick, our WWE All Stars stick and I think that's it. Oh yeah our prototype Asia Mad Catz TE.

There are a few other sticks that have it too, but those are the ones we made.

I got these a few weeks ago
tumblr_mtm5ucX8LP1rmse96o1_500.jpg

I got the HRAP EX-SE for really cheap, but it was broken. USB cable was frayed near the hole, no brakeaway cable, lots of dust and dirt inside. And worst yet, it had sanwa buttons!

but of course, I restored it, now working, new usb cable, new seimitsu parts. fun times. :)
tumblr_mu7or3MmpL1rmse96o2_500.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amazon is giving 137 for SF4 TE sticks?

Thats much more than ebay.

Was going to sell that stick to a person but i can get nearly 137 in credit and 30 dollars off of ps4 controller

Tayaya

Amazon is giving 137 for SF4 TE sticks?

Thats much more than ebay.

Was going to sell that stick to a person but i can get nearly 137 in credit and 30 dollars off of ps4 controller

I have one of these that I haven't touched since Persona 4 Arena came out, but it's the "Round 2" version. It boggles my mind that Amazon gives $137 for the original but says the Round 2 version isn't eligible for trade-in. They're the same god damned stick. Same chassis, same parts, same everything! Just a different faceplate!

Yes Boss!

Aww yeah been waiting for info for a while.

I'm hoping for price and release date.

I'm really kinda ambivalent on the start of next gen and considering canceling at least one of my preorders. Torn, because I've been loving Sony but there really are not that any interesting games at launch for the PS4 other than Resogun. Xbox One at least has Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct but that nasty $500 price and Kinect.

Might just go with One and the MC KI stick and wait on Sony till next year.

I'm hoping for price and release date.

I'm really kinda ambivalent on the start of next gen and considering canceling at least one of my preorders. Torn, because I've been loving Sony but there really are not that any interesting games at launch for the PS4 other than Resogun. Xbox One at least has Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct but that nasty $500 price and Kinect.

Might just go with One and the MC KI stick and wait on Sony till next year.

Same here. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and accept that next month is going to be quite expensive since I'm picking up both consoles. Even more expensive since I have to get this stick at launch.

I'm not even sure yet if PS3 sticks are supported on the PS4 yet now that Injustice will be out at launch. >_<

What are these PC/Mac Virtua Sticks worth now? I've got a couple I'm thinking of moving on.

q1ax.jpg

meatiest price on amazon japan right now is around 12,000yen
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B007DA32DM/

last i remember it popping up on Yahoo! Auctions Japan i believe it ended at well over 8,000yen

granted these are Japanese prices, if you have them stateside, i'd value it boxed on the higher end of those ranges.

correct me if im wrong, but as an arcade stick, there's nothing really special about that variation of the virtua stick when it comes to parts, does it have the seimitsu ls-56 joystick inside or just the "clones" similar to what you can find in most saturn virtua sticks? what it has going for is novelty factor, similar to official sega saturn usb pads

just imo.

^^wah! the inside is so CLEAN on those new TE2's.
very interesting LED board too, love how it doesn't 'touch' the buttons at all, no snapping/clipping or drilling involved, separate board :D

will there be preset Led light modes?

also for the KI models, will it still have a plexi overlay?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The TE2 has 12 different LED brightness settings. At this time the only modes supported are ON (with 12 different brightness settings), OFF, or using vibration/rumble data (similar to Hori Fighting Edge).

The pictures you see from our preorders are still of the prototype, the insides will look a lot cleaner/touched up better on the final production models.

Yes, there will still be a plexi overlay.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I got these a few weeks ago
tumblr_mtm5ucX8LP1rmse96o1_500.jpg

I got the HRAP EX-SE for really cheap, but it was broken. USB cable was frayed near the hole, no brakeaway cable, lots of dust and dirt inside. And worst yet, it had sanwa buttons!

but of course, I restored it, now working, new usb cable, new seimitsu parts. fun times. :)
tumblr_mu7or3MmpL1rmse96o2_500.jpg
Ahhhh how did I miss this??
I have a HRAP EX SE with a frayed cable at the base! how difficult/ costly was it to fix? if I get that baby up and running I can finally muster the courage to make a dedicated VF 3 button stick.

SmokeMaxX

Ahhhh how did I miss this??
I have a HRAP EX SE with a frayed cable at the base! how difficult/ costly was it to fix? if I get that baby up and running I can finally muster the courage to make a dedicated VF 3 button stick.
Not sure what hibachifinal did, but I assume it's as easy as getting a normal USB cable, stripping the wire, then soldering the new wire onto the stick's PCB in replacement of the frayed wire.
How hard is it to dual mod a 360 TE stick? I'm tired of being forced to pad it up on the PS3.

Not too hard. I'm not up to date on what's the best way to dual mod a 360 pcb, but I think you can get a Cerberus which would allow for a solderless dual mod.
http://www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus

zaneiken

Neo Member
correct me if im wrong, but as an arcade stick, there's nothing really special about that variation of the virtua stick when it comes to parts, does it have the seimitsu ls-56 joystick inside or just the "clones" similar to what you can find in most saturn virtua sticks? what it has going for is novelty factor, similar to official sega saturn usb pads

just imo.

Thanks for the Japanese prices.
This, like its PS2 brother has the LS-56-01 joystick, and PS-15 buttons with QDs. It's better in every way compared to the HSS-0136 that it's based on (aside from not working on a Saturn).

Yes Boss!

What's with the "haptic" LED on the TE2 up by the On, Off LEDs? Does is have some kind of force feedback? That seems kinda odd for an arcade stick.

I think it means that it is just taking the rumble data (initially for the haptic) and translating it as an LED light show that represents that data.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hate the 1990's design, but love how easy it is to open the stick. Markman, you promise me some more Noir/Astro City layouts :( Do I have to hook up with some J's or something??? Size 10...Right? :)

10.5!

We are working on accessory packs that will help accommodate other panels/layouts.

And what 90s design? This is not from the 90s! Anyone that is familiar with cars will know where some of the design cues came from.

If anyone has questions on the TE2. I can talk about it now :)

Did I play KI with one of these (similar or prototype) during the PAX Prime Mad Catz Unveiled event?

Also, looking forward to hopefully ordering off Amazon or EBgames. $18 shipping to Canada puts this stick around $250!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Did I play KI with one of these (similar or prototype) during the PAX Prime Mad Catz Unveiled event?

Also, looking forward to hopefully ordering off Amazon or EBgames. $18 shipping to Canada puts this stick around $250!

No, these were never playable for the public. The one used at PAX Prime/Mad Catz Unveiled was a custom TE/TE-S.

So I bought a ls-58 seimitsu stick and it really felt off so I bought a ls-56 and some 14-g buttons from focusattack. Hopefully they feel better than what I have now

Eknots

I just got the umvc3 hori ps3 stick, how difficult is it to dual mod this if anyone knows? I see a lot of people on srk forums saying 360 sticks are easier to dual mod and some people said you need to replace the pcb on this stick to dual mod it but I'm not sure how true that is.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just got the umvc3 hori ps3 stick, how difficult is it to dual mod this if anyone knows? I see a lot of people on srk forums saying 360 sticks are easier to dual mod and some people said you need to replace the pcb on this stick to dual mod it but I'm not sure how true that is.

With the PS360, it's easy to dual mod any stick. Depending on which route you go, it would have been easier if it was an Xbox 360 one.

You will need an Xbox 360 compatible PCB to piggyback the mod. A lot of people use fightpad PCBs or hacked 3rd party controllers to get it to work. Either way, it's possible and the resources are out there if you need to look up how to do it.

catabarez

With the PS360, it's easy to dual mod any stick. Depending on which route you go, it would have been easier if it was an Xbox 360 one.

You will need an Xbox 360 compatible PCB to piggyback the mod. A lot of people use fightpad PCBs or hacked 3rd party controllers to get it to work. Either way, it's possible and the resources are out there if you need to look up how to do it.

I don't think you need a 360 PCB for the PS360+. That would be the Cuthulu.

Top Bottom