• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, some great animations there. OG unit looks awesome and has great animation unlike Z3. Returning units seem about the same weak animation (Eva, FMP), but all the new stuff looks fantastic. Might be deceiving but really looks like they stepped up their game. And the OG units, crazy. Huckbein looks amazing in this style, Grungust attack was whatever.

Also, very surprised about the release date. We normall get the big SRW games in April or late (MD was June iirc), so I thought this was a summer 2017 game. February release less than 4 months away is a nice surprise.

Tizoc

Any tips for playing through Moon Dwellers? Decided I should start it what with a new SRW coming out in English next year :p
EDIT: How am i supposed to finish Ep. 2 @_@
Should I just let the twins take out the mechs...

Bebpo

Banned
Oh hey they are doing "pay for vocal tracks" like EXVS. Nice. Well you gotta up sell nerds somehow, and get better margins on your floundering franchise.

The problem is unlike EXVS, I don't want vocal theme songs in SRW outside a unique ones like Gunleon or the OGs boss songs that are the theme songs from their games in 2nd OGs.

I'd pay extra good money in a premium pack to get chiptune BGM mixes of all those additional songs, but even if I bought the premium back I'd probably still use chiptune for almost all of them. One of my favorite parts of SRW is when there's a great chiptune mix of a vocal theme song.

Bebpo

Banned
Surprised this is getting so few comments (well with Halloween maybe people are pre-occupied today). This PV is way better than the first one imo, much more interesting stuff GREAT MAZINGER/OGs/Huckbein! Best looking SRW trailer since like 2nd OGs or Z2-2? On the enemy real, I really like the Crossbone animations. Very dynamic.

Tsukumo

MazinEmperor G!? I might have to get this...

Absolutely gorgeous. About time Tetsuya got some love (and a "new" VA).

Overall I liked some of the new animations (praising the sun for the Crossbone Gundams) but really didn't like Hathaway's Gundam animations. They looked super-cheap like FMP in Z3.
The Evas also look and move pretty much like Z3 and that's definitely a design choice I didn't like then and that I don't like now. MX spoiled me too much.
All of the originals look fantastic, but I would rather have a choice between a super robot OG and a real robot OG.
I really hope the plot won't suck. Z3, BX, OG2 and Moon Dwellers were absolute boredom. Well, BX not so much but no Gai so...

Surprised this is getting so few comments (well with Halloween maybe people are pre-occupied today). This PV is way better than the first one imo, much more interesting stuff GREAT MAZINGER/OGs/Huckbein! Best looking SRW trailer since like 2nd OGs or Z2-2? On the enemy real, I really like the Crossbone animations. Very dynamic.

Me I'm just sceptical of one-shot SRWs, because usually the difficulty gets toned down too much as if they are still hoping to pull in new users. As if that's likely considering the absolute drought of mecha animations in the last decade.
I'd rather they stick to "take advantage" of fans with DLC scenarios and vocal bgms to support production costs.

Yeah, that honestly looked awesome. Bonus points for that beautiful Yazan cut-in and that old school looking F91.

I guess I'll skip the Vita version and go for PS4 just to avoid DLC shenanigans.

Seeing Tetsuya in there, I assume the new Mazinger is a reimagining of Great ?

Loona

Any tips for playing through Moon Dwellers? Decided I should start it what with a new SRW coming out in English next year :p
EDIT: How am i supposed to finish Ep. 2 @_@
Should I just let the twins take out the mechs...

Upgrade any force deployed units (marked with EV before a stage) - Calvina, Touya and Akimi/Akemi twins' are frequent ones, but on occasion you have to use others like Ing, Gilliam, Ryusei, Viletta, Kouta, Ryoto, Raul/Fiona and probably a few more I forget - the Akurasu wiki lists stages, SR points and secret, but not forced deploys, so I'm not sure if there are a few others worth keeping in mind.

Pair units based on both movement range and type as well as melee or ranged attack focus - there are a few exceptions based on Ace bonuses as you earn those, where some character's bonus involves being paired with specific characters or mech types whose issues above may not match exactly - for example, Haken's Ace bonus involves getting more damage based on the amount of women on his pair unit, so the natural choice is to pair him with Ibis' team in the Hyperlion, since that's 3 girls in a mech, even if that mech has more movement than Haken's default unit.

Even if some characters have a Union attack together, it's not worth pairing them by default if one is melee focus and the other is ranged, unless they have Ace bpnuses that involve each other.

The R series mechs, Ryusei's, Rai's and Aya's, can combine into the SRX, which is helmed by Ryusei - however, the component units have different movement ranges, and unless it's force-deployed the SRX can never be deployed on its own, so if you want to form it you want to get some of those characters paired, which may be inefficient movement-wise. On a few stages you can get equipment for the mechs which can extend for the range, so if you give Rai one, since he has the lowest movement range, he can match Ryusei and they can be a more cohesive team before getting adjacent to Aya to combine.

If a character has MB Activate, he/she should be team leader - handy in stages where the SR point involves beating a boss before he can escape, which some do when reaching a certain HP value.

I'm doing beginner. i'm asking here cuz I couldn't find an OT :p

That should be the "Pupper Trap" stage then. You don't want to twin any of your units because the objective is to reduce the enemies' health but not destroy them. Just have your guys go solo and use their weakest attacks to be safe, or you could make a quick save and then try out your stronger ones to see which one reduces health enough without killing them.

The SR Point is also really easy since you just want to lead all the enemies past that line in the map before you disable them. Just have your guys stay stationary and let the enemy come to you.

Bebpo

Banned
Re: SRW V

I just remembered that Hathaway's Flash is units only. What's up with that? HF has never been covered in SRW as far as I know, and you're animating the units anyhow which is most of the budget. Why not cover the story in V? Just kinda weird.

Also since Mazinger v Ankoku Daishogun is units only, but they're going so far as having Majin Emperor along with Shin Great Mazinger, I wonder if they're doing an all original plotline for Shin Mazinger.

Eva Q being units only is also pretty stupid since after Z3-2 skipped Eva Q's plot, V would have the chance to cover it for the first time without having to spend any money on new units. Guessing they want to wait until movie 4 is out and then do all 4 movie stories together in a game someday.

The Crossbone additional mangas being units only is understandable since they don't want to make the grunts and gundams always have a bunch of grunts. I miss when we got Astray plot & units in W. That was awesome. I'd definitely like to get more Gundam spin-off manga plotlines in SRW games.

Shouta

Where are you getting the units only info? I didn't see it in the PV.

MazinEmperor G is a new unit for SRW V so it'll probably be an entirely new story. I assume it'll be post Shin Mazinger Zero vs Ankoku Daishogun which is why it'll be units only. That'd be pretty cool actually.

As for Hathaway's Flash, I always thought the units from it were decently popular but the actual story wasn't so much. It's also based on the novel version of Char's counterattack so maybe that had something to do with it?

Bebpo

Banned
Where are you getting the units only info? I didn't see it in the PV.

MazinEmperor G is a new unit for SRW V so it'll probably be an entirely new story. I assume it'll be post Shin Mazinger Zero vs Ankoku Daishogun which is why it'll be units only. That'd be pretty cool actually.

As for Hathaway's Flash, I always thought the units from it were decently popular but the actual story wasn't so much. It's also based on the novel version of Char's counterattack so maybe that had something to do with it?

The announcement thread had info on it supposedly. I've never seen the original source though, so I'd be happy to be wrong. The main site is super barebones and just opened and there's no info about units only. The only one I care about getting plot would be Hathaway's Flash just for something new Gundam-wise.

I should check out the Shin Mazinger v Ankoku manga from the sound of it. Does it take place after Shin Mazinger TV or is it a completely different timeline?

Shouta

The mangas are different from Shin Mazinger TV, much darker from what I hear. It's two parts, Shin Mazinger Zero and Shin Mazinger Zero vs Ankoku Daishogun, I believe. I haven't read either. SMZ started near the same as the TV series but they're unrelated.

Bebpo

Banned
The mangas are different from Shin Mazinger TV, much darker from what I hear. It's two parts, Shin Mazinger Zero and Shin Mazinger Zero vs Ankoku Daishogun, I believe. I haven't read either. SMZ started near the same as the TV series but they're unrelated.

Thanks for the info. Looked it up and wow, 17 volumes combined. Pretty lengthy. Will check it out next time I'm at the Japanese bookstore.

I'm guessing this will take place post-show for Shin Mazinger and post-manga for Great Mazinger, then original plot and they both get upgrades.

Thinking about BX, I wonder how many of the returning shows will be post-show plotwise. I'd be ok if Unicorn started post-show with full armor in repair.

Bebpo

Banned
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/289/1289128/

So that's HuzzahWay Flash, Anno Will Never Finish This: Q, Shin Majinger Zero vs Tanaka Death Dark, and Crossbone Gundam and the Seven Samurais.

Only one I really cared about in those would be Crossbone Gundam mainly because I never got to reading any of it.

Oh hey, I thought Crossbone Skull Heart & Steel 7 were units only, but it looks like Skull Heart is in. That's cool. I've only read the original Crossbone Gundam, so both Skull Heart & 7 Samurai are new & interesting to me.

Tsukumo

Someone in Japan got his hands on a G Gen Genesis copy.
Also a (Taiwanese?) streamer on twitch aired 7 hours worth of playthrough. Here it is:
https://twitch.tv/kisarakisan

- Extra is confirmed as higher level of difficulty.

- Difficulty affects ALL enemy stats (HP, damage, defense, mobility) only unaffected stat is movement. Hard seems to double enemy stats while Extra increases them by triple.
Images posted by this guy shows a nuke on normal with

6000 hp
50 attack
100 defense
10 mobility
6 movement
4000 power (actual damage)

the same nuke on extra is

16000 hp
150 attack
200 defense
110 mobility
6 movement
7000 power.

This is on the first stage, mind you. You can see the streamer playing on Extra at 5 hours 59 minutes.

- Overworld bosses are available as pilots from the start.

- Apparently Missing Link is... missing the last chapters, probably the ones that take place after the One year war. People are very upset about this.
Don't know how good the game was (PS3) but damn the videos on YouTube seem really cool.

- No info on sound yet. Seems you can mute bgms though. Wish Moon Dwellers had let me do that.

- Abilities increase by levelling the characters, like in SRW. Some of them won't be available until unlocked through quests.

- Animations from the twitch stream look weird. Some of them look very smooth, others look like the two-frames animations we've always seen in past G-Gen games.
Group attacks look really good: voice acting overlaps a bit with each other, but the camera work is great. Still weird to see units getting missed instead of them properly evading shots.

Damn, I had totally forgotten about Side Stories. I passed on it when it released because I didn't see myself getting it at full price, but I'm going to look around. How were the older game ports ?

Edit: there we go. Got it for 20€ shipped from Amazon JP. The reviews sound terrible lol.

Damn, I had totally forgotten about Side Stories. I passed on it when it released because I didn't see myself getting it at full price, but I'm going to look around. How were the older game ports ?

Edit: there we go. Got it for 20€ shipped from Amazon JP. The reviews sound terrible lol.

They're not ports, FYI.

Tsukumo

So.
Been playing G Gen Genesis for the last three days straight.
Overall impression is positive, and some.

- The biggest surprise is the animations. They are everything I've ever wanted not just from G Gen but from SRW also.
There is really no standing out animations outside of a couple already shown in the PVs, the thing is there's an absurd amount of variety and details. Like if you have three different Zaku models shooting a bazooka, they will ALL shoot from slightly different poses and each from a different camera angle.
At the same time, while shooting animations don't show off any particular theatricality the melee ones are absolutely amazing. They differ a lot from each other and the designers definitely let their imagination shine. Just yesterday I saw my first dynamic kill, on a Zuda nonetheless, where the mobile suit speeds up, then spins on itself a couple of times to regain balance, then accelerates again towards the target, slashes it at full speed destroying it, and then slows down to launch a flare in space to confirm the kill.
This game is full of moments like this, but it's not just the style of the animations: it's also the pace of the animations.
This game has an almost perfect pace. Loading times are non-existent (on PS4, on Vita not so much) animations are short, camera work does a great job to highlight the scale of mobile suits and ships, units accelerate and decelerate to get into position and take a precision shot, explosions have a mixture of 2D and 3D effects, group attacks have a bunch of mobile suits shooting together all at once without slowdowns. Like I said nothing really stands out: I don't think I could make a video to show people how good animations are because really it's all about the little differences and the little details and tempo of it all that makes things so unique.
Two problems. One is evading animations, because there is none outside of some sort of waving out of the shot when units are in space, similar to Overworld. Two is the animation recap after each fight, since unlike SRW even if you watch the entire animation you will still have to go through the recap. Everybody on 2-chan is clamouring for a fix to this shit, because really is the only thing that hinders the spotless tempo of the game.

- The game system is also very well balanced. Granted this game is basically a remake of Spirits (the maps and the flow of the maps are downright identical) so they had an easy job balancing everything out, but they managed to fix a lot of things that would make some attacks and some units too overpowered.
First they revised melee so you can't no longer one-shot enemy units even at full will. Then they changed the way missile damage works, since missiles damage no longer takes into account the amount of hits. They shifted that tactic to rifles, where the number of hits is now random so even at 100% accuracy you'll never one-shot units like you could with missiles.
They also changed the amount of bonus damage from newtype weapons, and the amount of bonus from criticals which now is smaller but lasts for longer.
Overall the pace of the fighting is really good and even on normal the game is absolutely enjoyable. I played the first three stages on hard but on Jabro I had to give it up and scale back to normal: mind you I've played Spirits in and out so I knew where the reinforcements would be, how the map would flow and what strategy to apply overall, still I managed to got out of the Jabro stage on normal by the skin of my teeth.

- Music. This was another big change for me because one of the things I absolutely couldn't stand of Spirits was the soundtrack. There were bgms that just made me die inside like 0080 units or Igloo units or Ai no Senshi going off during Jabro for two hours.
Now on Genesis you don't have a custom soundtrack like Overworld, but god bless them you can mute the music and enjoy your Spotify catalogue or put whatever you want on your media player.
I pretty much stopped playing Moon Dwellers because of the lack of custom soundtrack, since ten years worth of constant Original Generations playthroughs will do this to you, and while I'd rather have a chance to directly set new bgms in-game still I'll take this over Ai no Senshi for two hours.

- Plot. Overall nothing changed much but the fact they didn't go for full voice acting made it possible to nip and tuck the scenarios better than in Spirits. Still haven't found out how to trigger combination attacks and cut-ins but in general the encyclopedia is thorough enough.
They added a mode call Universal link which ties each stage with fights that happened at the same time or in the same location. Nobody still has figured out how to make it work properly and what exactly are the returns for using it. A guy on 2-chan said it's meta-gamedesign to experience the powers of the psychoframe XD.
The originals all have an interesting backstory, but things can get a bit awkward when you play the storylines following a chronological order going from something really sad and dark like Igloo to a plot more "standard" like 08th Team. Granted you can always deploy a giant Halo and put some Christmas into any stage...

killatopak

I really want to play the new g gen but I remember playing the old ones and getting confused with all the build paths that lead to a specific suit. I think I'd rather wait for a guide to get made.

I've only played four scenarios so far, but yeah, I mostly share these sentiments about G Gen.
FWIW, the English version is significantly better than OG's.

I just started SRW:OG on the GBA while I wait for PlayAsia to send a copy of SD Gundam. I've never played an SRW game before, I was wondering if there's any general tips on how to upgrade units? I'm able to upgrade the mech's stats and their weapon's stats, and the pilots stats/skills, and I'm not really sure what to focus on for pilots and mechs. Is it a bad idea to focus on upgrading early mechs and weapons because they get replaced later by more advanced weapons and units? What weapon or stats should I be focusing on?

Shouta

In most cases, if you upgrade a unit it'll remain useful for the rest of the game. When a pilot gets a new machine in the same series, the upgrades usually carryover though it's not always the case.

You can find most of the information about OG1 for the GBA here http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/OG

For OG1 on the GBA, the only unit that carries over their upgrades is on the Ryuusei route, I think. He gets a special Gespenset MKII (TT) and that transfers over to the Wild Raptor. It's been awhile since I played the game though lol

Tsukumo

Bunch of new info for SRW V
original link
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1032975.html

- Progression Points are now called Tactical Points.

- They are introducing skill trees, calling them skill routes. Basically, some of the most powerful skills will be gated by basic ones.

- New skills are being introduced:
Protection: plus 10% evasion rate when selecting dodge, 10% additional damage reduction when selecting defense, 40% damage reduction from map attacks
Ace Proud: A skill that cuts the requirements to Ace status from 60 kills to 50 kills. Yes, it has been increased. Ace bonuses are still in.

- Tactical points can also increase stats and terrain effectiveness.

- There's also a separate skill set made of six powerful skills. They have to be unlocked under specific requirement. It's unclear if it's a requirement per character or if unlocking it once you'll obtain for everybody else.
One is Concentration, which decreases the amount of points needed for seishins, another one is Full Counter which guarantees the first attack during enemy phases, and another one is Dash, +1 movement.

- Some skills are exclusive to specific characters, the others are unlockables. You can acquire up to 30 skills each character.

- From the beginning you can select Beginner's mode, Guidance mode and Standard Mode. Standard mode features SR points and is subsequently divided into Normal or Hard depending on the SR points collected.

Kinda missing the stuff about "Skill Program" which is a big deal into how the rest of these systems seem to work.

Having to do an entire skill tree for every pilot would be far too painful since the cost of purchasing these skills didn't seem to go down. It shouldn't be that bad if you can just unlock the skill once and then transfer it over to other pilots. Otherwise there is noway some support units are getting that supply or repair skill haha.

Also special skills seem to be just the "really good" skills shoved into another window and locked away. Because I mean why wouldn't you get continuous action first.

In most cases, if you upgrade a unit it'll remain useful for the rest of the game. When a pilot gets a new machine in the same series, the upgrades usually carryover though it's not always the case.

You can find most of the information about OG1 for the GBA here http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/OG

For OG1 on the GBA, the only unit that carries over their upgrades is on the Ryuusei route, I think. He gets a special Gespenset MKII (TT) and that transfers over to the Wild Raptor. It's been awhile since I played the game though lol

Thanks so much!

Bunch of new info for SRW V
original link
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1032975.html

Yes, it has been increased. Ace bonuses are still in.

That article only pretty much looks at the update at the main website. I haven't read the whole thing (cba to read the rest) but they seemed to basically just reword everything. Also, AFAIK, Ace requirement in this game is actually lower than recent titles, since we've got 70 in Z2 and 80 in Z3. Some things are actually clarified in the main website.

I've actually been wanting to translate this for a few days now, but never got to due to switching teams in my job. Their naming for this is... not good.

tl;dr = V is using the skill system used by SRW L (or K, wherever it started). Though this time you can "buy" them.

Skill Route System

In SRW V, points called TacP (タックP) exist. This is used to develop and manufacture Skill Programs, which is needed for increasing pilot ability(aka Pilot Stats) and learning Special Skills(特殊スキル).

TacP is aqcuired via shooting down enemies, and like funds(aka money) is shared between the entire squad. In other words, it's not held by pilots individually.

You can develop and manufacture Special Skills that should bring advantageous effects to the pilots in battle. You can do this under 'Special Skills Type Program'(特殊スキル系PG) in the Intermission Menu 'Skill Route'(スキルルート).

wEFEI82.jpg
However, not all Special Skills are available from the start. Starting from 底力, development(expending TacP) will go following the routes as shown in the image.

In addition, multiple copies of already-developed Special Skills can be produced by expending TacP, and then have any arbitrary pilot learn it.

底力: Hit Rate, Dodge Rate, Critical Rate, and Defense increases depending on the unit's HP. Better effect the higher the skill level.
援護攻撃: Make an attack following an adjacent ally. Damage is 50% of normal.* Can activate [Skill Level] number of times per turn.
闘争心: Increases morale on sortie. Better effect the higher the skill level.
パーツ供給: Able to use consumable Enhancement Parts on adjacent allies. Not applicable on E.Parts that affect multiple units.
Eセーブ: Reduces weapon's consumed EN. Better effect the higher the skill level.
プロテクション: During counterattacks, selecting Dodge will provide Final Dodge Rate+10% while selecting Defend will reduce received damage to 90%. When attacked by MAP Weapon, reduce hit rate by half, and reduce received damage to 60%.
エースプラウド: Pilot becomes Ace Pilot at 50 enemy kills (normal is 60).​

Under 'Parameter Type Program'(パラメータ系PG) in the Intermission Menu 'Skill Route'(スキルルート), you can manufacture Skill Programs that increases each pilot ability and terrain adaptability. There are 10 kinds overall, and can be produced from the start by expending TacP. (Unlike Special Skill Programs' route.)

Under 'Special Type Program'(スペシャル系PG)** in the Intermission Menu 'Skill Route'(スキルルート), you can manufacture Special Skills that are obtained(developed) by fulfilling special conditions during the game. There are 6 kinds, and the required conditions to develop them differs between each skill. In addition, multiple copies of already-developed things can be produced by expending TacP, and then have any arbitrary pilot learn it.

集中力: Reduces consumed points of each Seishin Command. Better effect the higher the skill level.
フルカウンター: When counterattacking, ensures pilot will attack before the opponent attacks.
ダッシュ: Unit movement+1.​

*I believe this was 75% in Z2, and Z3 as well; but haven't played Z3 Tengoku Hen proper but I haven't noticed a big difference in Rengokuhen. I think this one is the only thing new we can get from the website regarding old skills.
**LOL, I guess Tokushu would be more "unique skills" than Special Skills. Saying Special Skills under Special category sounds weird lol. Bleh.

Modes Selection

Players can choose between Beginner's Mode and Standard Mode. Guidance Mode is a short scenario that introduces game basics.

Mode can be changed in the Intermission menu under Options during the game. Whichever mode is selected, the story contents and appearing pilots and units will be the same.*

ビギナーズモード: (Beginner's Mode) There's no condition for acquiring SR Point**, and difficulty is set to Normal. Bonus funds and bonus TacP is gained after clearing missions.
スタンダードモード: (Standard Mode) Condition for acquiring SR point exist, and difficulty will change between Normal and Hard.​

*The wording is kinda weird here. I sure fucking hope that that doesn't mean that there won't be obtainable secrets in the game. Technically, in the past, you'll never see some unit unless you had certain amount of SR points as part of requirement. And, some routes are only available with certain SR points. I know Terada thought it was pointless at one point (see MX) since everyone is just looking it up, but it's more about doing it than finding it out IMO. Especially for me who chases SR points without upgrades/PP spent and regular roster semi-rotation.

**Not sure if it means beginner = auto acquire SR point.

P.S. If there's going to be anyone who'll be making an OT for this, feel free to use this if can you prettify it enough for normal humans, LOL.

I'm still not sure how to buy SRW V. I kinda do want the option for the vocal tracks, but the fact that they'll supposedly completely replace(you can't choose) other tracks in story/etc kinds of errs me. Plus I actually do like SRW renditions in general as well as concern on how vocal parts + in battle speech will go with one another.

Bebpo

Banned
Bleh, no hit & away until the end of a skil tree is gonna doom non-post movement ranged shooters. This sounds dumb. Making the good skills expensive PP already sorta balanced it.

I'm still not sure how to buy SRW V. I kinda do want the option for the vocal tracks, but the fact that they'll supposedly completely replace(you can't choose) other tracks in story/etc kinds of errs me. Plus I actually do like SRW renditions in general as well as concern on how vocal parts + in battle speech will go with one another.
Where does it say this? EXVS "Premium G-Sound" thing just added music tracks as DLC to the game that you could then use to replace default tracks for specific units. Custom soundtrack for units and attacks was already a thing for Z3, so they should be doing it this way. I want to know what insane reason do they have for handling this some other way.

Bleh, no hit & away until the end of a skil tree is gonna doom non-post movement ranged shooters. This sounds dumb. Making the good skills expensive PP already sorta balanced it.
Not really. If the resources are shared by everyone that just means you can rush "hit and away" and all it will cost you is buying some guard, support defend and a few other useful skills that you can assign to other characters maybe?

Honestly sharing Pilot Points between everyone sounds more broken than anything. SRW already favored the single strong unit approach. Being able to just concentrate your resources even more is crazy.

Bebpo

Banned
If everyone has unique skill trees that'd take a lot of effort. I'd imagine most are the same. Like I get putting morale break at the end, sure. But hit & away should not be an end skill. That's sooooooooooooo bullshit. Hit & away is the first skill I grab for long range sniper units in SRW :(

Does everyone have the same skill tree or are they unique to each person?

See, this is why I said their naming of the new system is shit.

There is no skill tree. Think... I dunno, Gihren's Greed. Once you have developed a Hi Nu Gundam, you don't need to make an RX-78-2 every time you make a new Hi Nu Gundam. You can produce as many Skill PGs as you want once you have developed that PG. You can use those PG on anyone you like. I recommend putting Hit&Away on short range units, and EN Save to ammo-based units.

I think everything should be clarified with my post above. Go read it. If there's anything confusing, point it out and I'll change it.

It's not going to be unique because that won't make sense.

Where does it say this? EXVS "Premium G-Sound" thing just added music tracks as DLC to the game that you could then use to replace default tracks for specific units. Custom soundtrack for units and attacks was already a thing for Z3, so they should be doing it this way. I want to know what insane reason do they have for handling this some other way.

Honestly sharing Pilot Points between everyone sounds more broken than anything. SRW already favored the single strong unit approach. Being able to just concentrate your resources even more is crazy.

I'm not talking about a unit's BGM. I'm talking about story events. They're also not DLC as far as their wording goes.

http://srw-v.suparobo.jp/spec/02.php
※通常版と期間限定生産版 では、一部イベント再生時に流れる楽曲が異なります。
※楽曲は全てゲーム内に収録しております。

It's also on the PV.

Honestly, as long as they still balance it around no upgrades, I don't really care. SRW L balance is shitty.

Fundamentally, SRW will always favor 'ikkitousen'/one man army kind of gameplay. It will remain that way unless they change the core game. They've managed to restrict ikkitousen gameplay reasonably well with SRW Z, but loosened up in Z2 (maybe Z3). I think it may not have been well received by the audience.

I just found out that UX and BX both uses the same shitty enhancement-part-strapped-to-units thing. There goes my will to play either of them. >___>

The first part makes it sound like it's only replacing some of it.

I mean looking back at 2nd OGs, they use multiple vocal tracks during endgame events. Does the normal edition not have vocal tracks at all? Just not licensed ones? Obviously you can't leave it upto the player to decide when a vocal track would kick in during events, so they'd have to make that decision for you.

Is... Midorikawa weaing lipstick?

Edit:

Some Info From the LiveStream:

Summary:
Skill Route was demonstrated and some gameplay was shown.

Intermission has several submenus:
Factory (D-Trader/Bazaar, probably)
Suborder (I don't think we've heard of this being in V.)

Tetsuya will be playable before Kouji. We're using 3D maps.

There's an unexplained game system, ExC and EX Action. The gameplay they shown has "ExC #" on units. Highest I think was on Tobias ExC 7. It may be or may not be a modified Tag Command/Maximum Break.

MC's unit will have repair. All attacks are ranged. At that point of the game, it only had 4 attacks, 3 of which we have seen so far. Attack names are 月光, 旋風, 迅雷, 烈火.

精神 will be usable after ending a unit's turn. ひらめき-> fight boss -> ひらめき is possible.

There seems to be a new 精神コマンド called 先見. If I have to guess, it's probably support type ひらめき.

Also, lastly, there's an entire new attack property. In addition to P and B, we also now have C. C weapons/attacks are guaranteed counters (without the Counter or Full Counter skill).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm surprised we still don't have a proper super hero taisen game, all the most we got are the Generation Heroes games (the Ultraman x Gundam x Kamen Rider ones).

I just found out that UX and BX both uses the same shitty enhancement-part-strapped-to-units thing. There goes my will to play either of them. >___>

I don't see anything wrong with it honestly. Gives you a purpose to use shitty units onto the "main" units.

Bebpo

Banned
3d maps? Woah, that's cool and unexpected.

Seishin twice per turn? That is stupid broken. Hirameki attack hirameki end turn with a boss make you completely invincible. Seems super broken.

Got my copy of SD G Gen Genesis in the mail yesterday. Played the first First Gundam stage. I think the last G Gen title I played was Spirits on PS2.

Nice little "artbook" with the SEA version.

I've finally received my physical copy of GGen Genesis, and it looks really good on Vita. As I'm using my EU account on my Vita, cross-saving with my PS4 version is a no go as long as there's more DLC installed on said PS4 version, though.

I guess it was to be expected, but the 2 Vita carts are one play cart and one install cart, so past the initial setup, there's no swapping involved.

squall23

Most of you probably don't know this or even know this exists, but Umasugi Wave, SRW's weekly radio show just had it's 10 year anniversary. Endoh Masaaki, Sugita Tomokazu, Aizawa Mai, and Saitou Rie (for about 6 years) have been reading/singing fanmail, covering robot anime songs, talking about random robot anime stuff in general, and plugging SRW for the past 10 years every single week. With the occasional song's lyrics turned inappropriately into an appreciation of large breasts by Sugita.

This funny, pointless show is somehow still going.

Kid Marin

I'm not familiar with the series, but the difficulty balance of G Generation Genesis feels off. My main team is overpowered really early already.

Top Bottom