• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Leak Summary *WARNING SPOILERS!!*

Amir0x

Banned
dude said:

oh that doesn't matter i'm just going to hear the rad Mother remixes, play the Earthbound/Mother 3 themed stages with Lucas/Ness and some Pikmin stages and call it a wrap. I hope Lucas can save stone Ness, though, in someone's copy!

Speaking of which!

We need some video of Smash Bros. MOTHER remixes.

R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) is an accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was released in 1984 in Japan as the Famicom Robot and in 1985 as R.O.B in North America. It had a short lifespan, only being supported with two games, but remains known today for the role it played in getting the Nintendo Entertainment System into stores in the United States.

-Wikipedia

He was also a hidden character in Mario Kart DS. Nintendo seems to be fond of him

Robotic_Operating_Buddy.jpg

Gyromite_ROB.jpg

mariokart1.jpg

Its definitely NES Rob not StarFox Rob.

Thanks for doing this thread, very nice compliation of info. Odd that Wolf hasnt been confirmed yet, 35 seems like a much nicer # than 34.

Eteric Rice

Dear Nintendo;

It has come to our attention that Sega no longer has the skills or programmers required to make an excellent Sonic the Hedgehog game. They constantly turn it into a shitty 3D platformer with no imagination, and no real focus on Sonic.

You on the other hand, have the talent and programmers to do so as shown with your Sonic the Hedgehog level in Brawl.

So might I ask that you request to make the next Sonic game, and bring the blue hedgehog back from his grave.

That or get Sega to use your Brawl engine.

Your friend,

Disgruntled and tormented Sega fan.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I-is that Pokey that's controlling that robot Ness is fighting?

If so:

BEST. GAME. EVER. OUTSIDE. OF. EARTHBOUND.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Told you losers WW Link was gonna be in it. Now I have 3 bulbous headed mutants to beat on. :D

Jme

The music link (Megaupload) has been removed from Megaupload.com and is no longer valid.

Anyone have a mirror?

Zeed

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
I-is that Pokey that's controlling that robot Ness is fighting?

If so:

BEST. GAME. EVER. OUTSIDE. OF. EARTHBOUND.
Mother 3 Spoilers:

My understanding is that that's the last boss of Mother 3. And yes it is an elderly Pokey in a robot.

Iam Canadian

Amir0x said:
you didn't play Mother 3 I am Canadian?

Not yet. I'm waiting for the English translation. I tried to play the Japanese game with a translation guide, but it just wasn't the same...

But yes, I know that
Pokey is the antagonist in Mother 3. I'm just happy that he made it in as a Subspace boss.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, it hurts me I won't be able to play Mother 3 before playing this game... :( NoA, get your shit together and release this... for now my trust rests with the unofficial Mother 3 rom translation team.

Wait... why is my avatar not moving... is it moving for any of you? o_O
Edit: reuploaded gif and it's working again. wtf.

Jammy

Banned
How do I listen to those music samples? The site is in Japanese and I click on the link and nothing happens.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Jenga said:
disappointing roster aside from toon link
You really believe that? What if all the Melee starters had been revealed at the dojo and Sonic/Snake were now just being discovered. Would you still think it was a disappointing roster?

Jenga

Banned
Archie said:
You really believe that? What if all the Melee starters had been revealed at the dojo and Sonic/Snake were now just being discovered. Would you still think it was a disappointing roster?
Yes

[Nintex]

Jenga said:
I cannot think of one person that wanted ROB or ever listed rob in the wanted rosters leading up to this

the leaked roster just killed my hype for brawl
So because ROB is in it you are suddenly not interested in Wario, Pit, MetaKnight, Dedede, Lucas, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, Young Link?

Fireblend

Banned
Jenga said:
I cannot think of one person that wanted ROB or ever listed rob in the wanted rosters leading up to this

Yeah, a character not requested by many totally kills the game. 1/10 confirmed am I rite.
ROB's an awesome surprise. And to make this post worthwhile, is there any estimate yet of how long Subspace emissary is? I'm guessing around 5 or 6 hours?

Tristam

Jenga said:

You were waiting for Krystal, weren't you?

Iam Canadian

With Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic, Snake, the Pokemon Trainer (who is THREE separate characters in one, basically), Meta Knight, King Dedede, Lucario, Wario, Pit, ZSS, Olimar, and R.O.B, how can you find this roster disappointing?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mike G.E.D. said:
Hey mods: let these chumps make a megathread already.

We haven't even gotten to like 1/20th of the amount of threads that Bioshock had before release.

Tim-E

Fireblend said:
Yeah, a character not requested by many totally kills the game. 1/10 confirmed am I rite.
ROB's an awesome surprise. And to make this post worthwhile, is there any estimate yet of how long Subspace emissary is? I'm guessing around 5 or 6 hours?

There was a screenshot of the save screen and it said it was at about 56% or something and it was just under 6 hours. My guess is it's probably just under 10 to do everything. :D

EktorPR

Jenga said:

I don't see how it can be "dissapointing". All the Nintendo staples are in and accounted for, PLUS a couple hidden gems and fucking Sonic and Solid Snake. If you think that's dissapointing, either you had unrealistic expectations or you are a bored-as-hell troll.

dude

dude
Fireblend said:
A pic of a save slot says 5 hours is about 59%, I'm guessing around 8-9 hours with a lot of replay value (playing all the stages with all the characters etc.):D

Amir0x

Banned
Mike G.E.D. said:
Hey mods: let these chumps make a megathread already.

Let them have their light, it's not all the time the hardcore gaming community actually supports something Nintendo does these days.

If it gets too out of hand than like Bioshock, we'll put a rope on it.

Jenga

Banned
EktorPR said:
I don't see how it can be "dissapointing". All the Nintendo staples are in and accounted for, PLUS a couple hidden gems and fucking Sonic and Solid Snake. If you think that's dissapointing, either you had unrealistic expectations or you are a bored-as-hell troll.
rolleyesmiley.gif

Only thing I'm looking forward to is SSE now. If it weren't for the online matches I would just cancel the preorder.

Top Bottom