• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

The clown car having a tongue is funny x random , thought it was just a painted face

Final smash should be the clown coming towards the screen like the end of super mario world

Do it Sakurai

Atram

More importantly:

Vj4qHt0.png

iphone5s-lines.jpg

Goon Boon

Banned
I want this to be fake, just to see the sheer amount of effort for a passable fake go up, from a doctored screenshot to literally hundreds if not thousands of hours of modelling, animating, etc...

Either way, Dr Mario pride.

zeemumu

If we weren't so close to the release, I would say that someone would probably be getting killed over this because Smash leaks are serious business, but maybe since it's only a few months away Sakurai will just break their legs.

So who is absolutely cut, according to the leaks?

Not coming back at all: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo
Coming back as DLC: Snake, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf
DLC Newcomer: Chorus Men

According to one of the "leaks" on /v/ - that said, we don't know if they're not gonna do DLC beyond those 5, so.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There's nothing super legit tying the DLC rumor to this leak, they were all anonymous posts. Also, with the weird layout of the select screen, there may just be characters yet to be unlocked. So Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, etc might still be hiding in there somewhere.

wrowa

If the leak is from an ESRB video dumb question. Why would NOA provide footage of such things? Wouldn't it easier to provide spoiler-free footage just to be on the safe side.

Pretty sure it's just a red herring (not the leak, but P1 being named ESRB - someone is just trying to put the blame on someone else).

Son Of D

I think it was Wolf, Lucus, Ice Climbers. Now the last one makes me skeptical of it being anything butt "tales from my ass" as I feel they were dropped for technical reasons like transforming characters were (Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik as one).

It could be a case of the devs finding a way to include Ice Climbers but being unable to finish it by the deadline so they finished them after the game went gold and plan to include them in a DLC update for the 3DS version once the Wii U version (which might come with some/all of the DLC on disc already) releases.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Leak from 4 days ago

Leak from Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6css/bowser_jrs_moveset/

Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Mordok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:
-Cannon Ball.
-Extendable boxing gloves.
-Licks his enemies.
-Drops mini toy bowsers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6aqa/shulks_moveset/

Up-smash: Plants Monado on the ground and turns it on.
Side-smash: A stab.
Down-smash: A clockwise spin close to the ground.
Up-tilt: Upwards swing like Lucina's.
Down-air: Like Link's.
Up-B: Like Marth's.
Down-B: Counter-like.
Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet.

Grakl

There's nothing super legit tying the DLC rumor to this leak, they were all anonymous posts. Also, with the weird layout of the select screen, there may just be characters yet to be unlocked. So Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, etc might still be hiding in there somewhere.

And Ridley too, right?

random25

Duck Hunt wasn't played in the footage. The pictures were from these videos, which someone recorded.... which this footage itself was captured using a capture device and assumed to be sent to the ESRB as a video reel for their rating review. (Remember, the ESRB doesn't actually play the games -- at least, that's what it says on their website).

Oh I thought I was the only one who missed the Dog on the vids.

So happy for Shulk, even though I'm expecting him for quite a while.

Whoa. The placement of some characters on the roster doesn't make sense though and does this mean Ganondorf hasn't gotten a rehaul? Imo this character needs to be redone from the ground up.

FUCK, I'M AT MY JOB AND I CAN'T SEE SHIT! D:

More importantly:

Vj4qHt0.png

It's like someone at Nintendo with some unprecedented libido overdose read that comment on NeoGAF and said: "Oh yeah????"

For the videos, it's some low quality footage from a camera. Very short.

And Ridley too, right?

Ridley not making into this game means he's never going to be playable. I've lost all hope. This game was the perfect opportunity to bring him in, but they didn't.
You can also kiss any hopes for a Donkey Kong newcomer goodbye.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I can't believe they put Duck Hunt Dog of all things into Smash Bros., wow. Of all the characters you wouldn't think would be in a fighting game.

For the record, I've always loved the clown car. Sad to see it so SMALL, but I really love what sakurai did with it. Love the tongue attacks, love the boxing gloves, love the canon shot.

I also love the up b. You'd think it'd just be a propeller float. Nope.

bG3k2yJ.gif

Reposting my previous gifs for you fellows who can't use the youtube:

G2upHK6.gif

iDfrQFCnKB4qY.gif

iMetCwxJ57Bi5.gif

CassSept

I'm surprised that gameplay pic turned out real, it looked incredibly fake.

It pains me that Ganondorf looks as useless as he was in Brawl, being a clone is one thing but being a vastly inferior clone is completely another. However, DUCK HUNT DOG is playable, I don't even know how this could be possible :D

ugoo18

Expected a leak like this to happen sometime. This is why you don't release one version so early compared to another. Happy about the inclusions but not going to lie i would have definitely preferred the reveal method that's been happening so far as a first look at the characters.

Thats it then! Overall happy with the roster, not perfect (Mewtwo ;_;) and a shame to see Ganondorf still looks like he played in Brawl... but lots of positives!

Time to blackout until launch, discovered all i wanted to know.

wwm0nkey

I'm 100% okay with DLC ccharacters and I hope they add a few more as time goes on to keep things fresh.

Thus includes stages.

udivision

I can't believe they put Duck Hunt Dog of all things into Smash Bros., wow. Of all the characters you wouldn't think would be in a fighting game.

I'm sorry, but after Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and R.O.B, "Random NES character gets in?" has absolutely 0 meaning now. Not to say they're bad choices or anything, but it is almost impossible to be surprised about that sort of thing by now.

Top Bottom