• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

LuuKyK

YES! Jiggly is back for real. ;_;

Still, very questionable choices from Sakurai. To have Dark Pit and Dr. Mario over unique characters like Ice Climbers and Mewtwo. I mean, come on... Even if they are DLC.

I LOVE Bowser Jr's moveset. I'm so happy he is in.

Edit: You know, I wonder if those characters are gonna be free DLC on the 3DS version, and maybe already available on the Wii U version.

Tiops

So much crown will be eaten today.

Where is the guy that said it was fake because of the Dr. Mario render? That was fun.

jonno394

Im hoping the Wii U version has an exclusive Ganondorf that uses a sword ala
the final battle in Twilight Princess
. It'd make sense to offer exclusive characters to tempt people to buy both versions.

DarkKyo

I'm surprised that gameplay pic turned out real, it looked incredibly fake.

It pains me that Ganondorf looks as useless as he was in Brawl, being a clone is one thing but being a vastly inferior clone is completely another. However, DUCK HUNT DOG is playable, I don't even know how this could be possible :D

I liked Ganondorf's playstyle - it just needed a buff. There's no way they didn't buff him this time around.

Porcile

I really hope this isn't the final roster at least. The character select screen is laid out in a way which doesn't make any sense. I'm assuming there will be more hidden characters or DLC and the incorrect positions will be rectified.

LiamR

Hoping Dark Pit isn't a *total* clone. There are hundreds of weapons and powers in Uprising they could call upon. Total missed opportunity if they're the same ones.

Forkball

We can put these Smash pics in the big pile of real Nintendo leaks no one believed with Pokemon BW and Pokemon XY.

As I said in the other thread, the current roster + Chorus Men = 50 characters. I think the roster caps at that, but there's still a chance of more. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Golnei

Hoping Dark Pit isn't a *total* clone. There are hundreds of weapons and powers in Uprising they could call upon. Total missed opportunity if they're the same ones.

He might just have Pit's Brawl moveset. Which is better than being a direct clone of SSB4 Pit, I guess.

Cube1701

Neo Member
If this is the case, I don't understand why they couldn't be included in the Wii U version, it'll make the Wii U one a bit more special, nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps the rumoured "DLC" characters are all in the Wii U version, and will be released for free on the 3DS after the Wii U version is out.

That way, the Wii U version has some returning characters, a returning third party character and a newcomer before the 3DS version.

Firemind

Whoa. The placement of some characters on the roster doesn't make sense though and does this mean Ganondorf hasn't gotten a rehaul? Imo this character needs to be redone from the ground up.

Big G's moves seem to be completely different than in Melee. His recovery time seems even slower than before! :lol

chadboban

Now that Shulk is confirmed...

I hope the 'Gaur Plain Level' part of the rumor was true, too. :D

Me too, would've also loved to see a stage take place on
the fallen arm with bionis and mechonis battling it out during the fight.
maybe satorl marsh as well
or makna forest on the bridge with the waterfall in the background
geez so many areas in Xenoblade would make and amazing stages.

Fandangox

iphone5s-lines.jpg

dead

Revven

Never underestimate how good people are at making fakes.

If you want to continue to be in denial, be my guest. But no one would ever spend hundreds of hours meticulously reanimating Bowser for a few second video, let alone attempting to match his attacks knockback featured in these videos (mainly, firebreath). It would be impossible to replicate Bowser's firebreath exactly in Brawl without there being a mistake in how it hits the other person. Doing that on top of modelling, animating Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Lucina. It is real, as far as I'm concerned.

There is literally no way to even replicate Bowser's firebreath Smash 4 graphics and animation in Brawl, the best you could do would be changing the color and making the breath bigger but it would still animate the same way it does in Brawl -- which would be a surefire way to know it's a Brawl mod.

This? This is not a Brawl mod. You could not create what's being shown here in 2 weeks. No way. No one in the Brawl modding community is this good.

Edit: Hell, another example that this isn't a Brawl mod is that one of Bowser Jr.'s attacks is a projectile. You cannot create completely new projectiles in Brawl without some really hackish stuff. It wouldn't look this good at all.

So.. how do I feel about this..

Well... I don't know what a Shulk is.. Sounds like a sad human emotion or something.

Duck Hunt Dog is awesome!
Bowser Junior is a little cunt, but if you can swap skins with other Koopa Kids, it'll be a hay day for me!

Dr. Mario should have been a more elaborate skin, in a system of skins that had slight gameplay modifications and not slot consuming characters.

Dark Pit. Ick. Isn't there at least some other character from that franchise that's more interesting? I didn't play the new game, but where's eggplant wizard??

Really wanted Chorus Men. but DLC confirmed or not?

I'm tragically upset that there's no Squirtle. Trainer-less Squirtle is my favorite thing from Project M.

Perhaps the rumoured "DLC" characters are all in the Wii U version, and will be released for free on the 3DS after the Wii U version is out.

That way, the Wii U version has some returning characters, a returning third party character and a newcomer before the 3DS version.

Yeah, that what I was thinking.

IronLich

Duck Hunt Dog is real?

I question why and who would want this, then I realize that an integral Nintendo character is PERFECT for the Nintendo Character All-Star game.

All hail ESRB0083. A great sacrifice was made to give us this precious info.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm sorry, but after Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and R.O.B, "Random NES character gets in?" has absolutely 0 meaning now. Not to say they're bad choices or anything, but it is almost impossible to be surprised about that sort of thing by now.

and yet

somehow

i am

Revven

So Snake as DLC is real? :eek:

Glad Shulk is in.

People are saying the DLC list is fake because it was said by someone else just taking the name of the original poster of the leak.

Ignore the DLC list for now until it's starts to get proven (i.e when and if DLC gets confirmed at all).

Top Bottom