• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

wrowa

Shulk being just a Marth clone would be a real disappointment - especially so, since we've already got Marth and Lucina in this game... Three characters that are using the same moveset is a little much.

Evilisk

I don't really care about the clones but it's so dumb that Ice Climbers have seemingly been shafted and that we're still stuck with Falcondorf.

If the DLC leak is also real, I guess I'm ok with it.
Still a bit mad about no Ridley though, hope he'll be in 5, he deserves it.

You will get Pink Gold Peach and Pseudo Palutena for Smash 5, and you will like it

Diortem7

Wow. Amazing. Well I'm excited for Bowser Jr. and the Duck Hunt dog. I think it's silly to have Dark Pit taking a spot though.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
All I'm going to say is, I really hope that Bowser Jr.'s alts are replacing that little shit with any of the other Koopalings.

El Sloth

Banned
FUCK, I'M AT MY JOB AND I CAN'T SEE SHIT! D:

More importantly:

Vj4qHt0.png
So, do I have to make an appointment or...?

random25

WAT

I'm on #TeamFake until the very end :p

Where's Duck Hunt dog on the videos? I only saw Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and Shulk.

Porcile

Assuming Bowser Jnr has the Koopa Kids as alternates, why doesn't Ness have a Lucas alternate? Seems a no-brainer to me.

Revven

All I'm going to say is, I really hope that Bowser Jr.'s alts are replacing that little shit with any of the other Koopalings.

That was one of the earlier text leaks that was put out weeks before this which matches up with this leak extremely well, so there is a chance it will happen. Not confirmed yet, obviously.

How many of you megatoning about Shulk being in actually played the game?

Or are you more excited about the blow job?

I'm on the fence.

Son Of D

Why are Dark Pit and Dr. Mario actual characters over just costumes? :( I would've preferred keeping Ice Climbers to both characters. Duck Hunt is neat at the very least.

Dark Pit could have Pit's Brawl moveset as a way of keeping that in since Pit changed a bit from Brawl. Dr. Mario likely has the Mario Tornado back as a special attack plus the other unique attributes he had in Melee.

I do wonder why Lucas and Wolf were cut. Snake I can understand in the case a deal was made too late and they settled on DLC instead of delaying the game. Ice Climbers I can understand in that the devs may not have been able to add them in time for launch and didn't want a delay so they were allowed to finish the work and make them DLC. Unless Lucas and Wolf were cut due to there not being time to finish working on them so they settled on DLC. As for Chorus Kids, maybe a case similar to Ice Climbers in that they couldn't be finished in time so will be a DLC newcomer.

This is assuming the game has DLC of course.

If the leak is from an ESRB video dumb question. Why would NOA provide footage of such things? Wouldn't it easier to provide spoiler-free footage just to be on the safe side.

I'm really glad that Xenoblade is represented in the game. Can't wait to listen to the arranged music!
If 2 tracks per stage is still true from the direct I can see the music being:
-Bionis knee (I expect arranged to transition from night/day like stage should, maybe with title screen theme in there)
-Battle theme of sorts (time to fight and they will know our names are top candidates here)

who are the supposed dlc characters again?
I think it was Wolf, Lucus, Ice Climbers. Now the last one makes me skeptical of it being anything butt "tales from my ass" as I feel they were dropped for technical reasons like transforming characters were (Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik as one).

Grakl

Baby Bowser should've had a paint-based moveset, but it's still awesome that he's in. I guess there's the koopa kids alt costumes?

Forkball

Jerry-omg.gif

Man, that Shulk screencap looked so fake even though I believed everything else.

I can't believe Ganondorf is still a clone. Thirteen years of getting dumped on by Sakurai. Come on Sak, COME ON. We don't even get a new Zelda rep either.

Keep in mind we have no idea if this is ALL the characters. I think it very well possibly could be, but you never know. I'm hoping we get at least ONE more new surprise.

Revven

WAT

I'm on #TeamFake until the very end :p

Where's Duck Hunt dog on the videos? I only saw Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and Shulk.

Duck Hunt wasn't played in the footage. The pictures were from these videos, which someone recorded.... which this footage itself was captured using a capture device and assumed to be sent to the ESRB as a video reel for their rating review. (Remember, the ESRB doesn't actually play the games -- at least, that's what it says on their website).

Top Bottom