• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

[QUOTE="D";121094401]True but unless I'm getting my Lords and weapons mixed up, the Falchion in Fire Emblem games is "classified" as a rapier-type.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Rapier's are their own thing.

The Falchion's have been sword-type weapons since their inception.

Golnei

CHROM BUTTS IN!

oMvvhfm.jpg

Could someone point me to the butt? I'm afraid I can't find it.

justchris

Ganondorf kind of makes sense as a clone, so that'll be okay.

Ugh, no, Ganondorf is the entire reason why I'm iffy on clones. Falco as a Fox clone: Fine. Doctor Mario as a Mario Clone: Perfect. Roy as a Marth clone: Sure.

Ganondorf is the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's top series. He or his corrupted form into Ganon has been in most of the major games, and he ends up as a clone of a character from an entirely different series?! That has never made even the smallest bit of sense to me. If Ganondorf had been a clone of Link, but with different magics instead of the bomb, boomerang and bow, I'd have been fine with it; that would have made sense. Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone is a travesty.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
:(. Better enjoy these last 30 days (60 if corocoro is overhyping like they sometimes do), then there won't be any speculation (unless there is DLC) for about 5 years. Sucks to see it all end.

It will never end.

You just know even if it's a definite "here is literally everyone on the roster" people will still think there's a secret character being held back, lol.

Ugh, no, Ganondorf is the entire reason why I'm iffy on clones. Falco as a Fox clone: Fine. Doctor Mario as a Mario Clone: Perfect. Roy as a Marth clone: Sure.

Ganondorf is the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's top series. He or his corrupted form into Ganon has been in most of the major games, and he ends up as a clone of a character from an entirely different series?! That has never made even the smallest bit of sense to me. If Ganondorf had been a clone of Link, but with different magics instead of the bomb, boomerang and bow, I'd have been fine with it; that would have made sense. Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone is a travesty.

Yeah, he's the only clone cross franchise. It's super dumb and needs to change in this game.

Crocodile

Is Captain Falcon's first real name actually Douglas?

Might have to go on a black out around that time.

I will be taking 5 hard chooses this fall anyway. Might as well start clearing that slate for Smash!

If your aim is to avoid roster spoilers, you're going to have to cutoff the internet ENTIRELY. Good luck with that :p

Toxi

Banned
Female animations a mystery. And it doesn't make sense for Lucina to share her moves with the ultra masculine Marth.
"Her butt needs to wiggle more when she runs."

[QUOTE="D";121094401]True but unless I'm getting my Lords and weapons mixed up, the Falchion in Fire Emblem games is "classified" as a rapier-type.[/QUOTE]
Marth wields a falchion.

Well, he wields a weapon called a falchion that looks nothing like a real-life falchion.

EhoaVash

fuck nintendos lineup this year should of really been spaced differently..come october i'll need money for smash u gc bundle but i wanna support bayonetta 2 :( .. guess i will skip smash 3ds

also someone quicklypost tharjas ass before this chrom ass thing gets outbof control

ganon has a bit of a weird thing with me and my friends while we would like to see a different moveset for him .... my friends and i really fell in love with his death boot down air* super satisfying* and his death choke. I really hope if his moveset does get changed he at least keeps those lol

will smashgaf boil down to melee vs brawl vs smash 4 in the near future? * i really hope not*

I assume this is irony.

i think i just broke.....i dont understand whats sarcasm and whats legit anymore

Are you trying to say Marth isn't your typical burly, hyper-masculine swordsman character?

None of hi sword attacks have much flare to them, nothing resembling a dance, but with swords. Like "D" said on the previous page, it'll be weird for Lucina to share his animations because of how beefcakefully manly they are.

I take it you've missed the canonical F-Zero/Zelda connections.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
i think i just broke.....i dont understand whats sarcasm and whats legit anymore

i think the falchion in awakening is more of a standard sword since the blade itself in awakening doesnt seem as thin as a rapiers at least imo

Yeah but the Falchion in Awakening is supposed to be the "same sword" Marth used. And Marth himself has a propensity to use thrusting motions...especially in his criticals and Final Smash.

Can't explain the difference in appearance though.

Toxi

Banned
Are you trying to say Marth isn't your typical burly, hyper-masculine swordsman character?

None of hi sword attacks have much flare to them, nothing resembling a dance, but with swords. Like "D" said on the previous page, it'll be weird for Lucina to share his animations because of how beefcakefully manly they are.
Perhaps Lucina should be a clone of a more delicate fighter, like that weakling Ike.

GamerSoul

[QUOTE="D";121095016]Yeah but the Falchion in Awakening is supposed to be the "same sword" Marth used. And Marth himself has a propensity to use thrusting motions...especially in his criticals and Final Smash.

Can't explain the difference in appearance though.[/QUOTE]

i dont have the transcripts on hand but, iirc, they do explain it in awakening through some convos. might be wrong.

fuck nintendos lineup this year should of really been spaced differently..come october i'll need money for smash u gc bundle but i wanna support bayonetta 2 :( .. guess i will skip smash 3ds

also someone quicklypost tharjas ass before this chrom ass thing gets outbof control

Smash U isn't coming out in October, it might not even release until December.
i dont have the transcripts on hand but, iirc, they do explain it in awakening through some convos. might be wrong.

They do, it's the same blade but over years do to damage parts, like the hilt, have had to be replaced.

NotLiquid

I'm going to assume that the differences aren't entirely limited to the sword. Lucina looked exactly like the Marth we know in terms of movements, and therein lies the problem. Most people who played Marth acknowledged that he got crippled in terms of mobility and air game, and Lucina seemingly exhibits those traits better here, even if there's little footage to go by. Marth probably got downplayed in order for Lucina to be the more nimble character, as is befitting of her general frame. Sakurai probably just didn't bother go into the exact details due to Miiverse limitations or it being too technical. The sword gimmick is the most important aspect of Marth so he chose to focus on that.

Female animations a mystery. And it doesn't make sense for Lucina to share her moves with the ultra masculine Marth.

In this day and age female character models require more work. It's expected for developers to program physics for certain feminine assets.

That hair isn't going to animate itself.

[QUOTE="D";121095016]Yeah but the Falchion in Awakening is supposed to be the "same sword" Marth used. And Marth himself has a propensity to use thrusting motions...especially in his criticals and Final Smash.

Can't explain the difference in appearance though.[/QUOTE]

well i thought they said in the story that they reforged the original falchion with the change of times? or maybe i just imagined the whole thing lol tbf marths version of the falchion does seem to have slightly a thinner blade than chrom/lucina's

Oh she not a alt like everybody said and wasted waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many pages arguing with Beelz about? Huh.

I wonder what else we'll get to prove Beelz wrong about with this game.

As per her being a clone, I got no issues with that because that has always been her character since she was introduced in Awakening.

JoeInky

Captain Falcondorf or bust.

The king of evil deserves better than being a fucking badass who punches the shit out of people with dark magic and then stomps them into the abyss?

Yeah, sure.

TheMink

Could not agree more.

Toxi

Banned
That'd be a step in the right direction. I don't want Lucina to run like a man. Have you seen Marth's run? Goodness. Like a lumbering gorilla.
If Marth was a Street Fighter character, he'd be Zangief.

I expect Sakurai to add Spinning Piledrivers to his move set.

GamerSoul

They do, it's the same blade but over years do to damage parts, like the hilt, have had to be replaced.

nice. I found it too.

Owain: Heh! All right. I'll speak, and you can practice translating... Hark! Your partner fang resists the remorseless arrow of time! It is infused with the breath of gods and the passion of ages. Should a thousand years pass, it shall never know the red sleep!
Lucina: That one is simple. Falchion's blade will never dull or rust no matter how much time passes.
Owain: But where fang meets sinew, Falchion remains a mortal work. Even genius cannot hope to stop the turning of the great wheel! And so it is reborn with each generation; transformed, but ever the same in spirit.
Lucina: Hmm... But parts of the sword other than the blade DO wear out over time. The guard and the pommel have been replaced over the years, changing its appearance. But it remains Falchion still.
Owain: Perfect! That was exactly right. You're amazing, Lucina.
Lucina: I suppose I did a fair job for a first time. But you are the amazing one, Owain. To discover all that about a sword from a single glance is a fearsome talent indeed!

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Lucina/Supports

Glass Rebel

Out of Brawl's hidden characters, the only ones that were revealed prior to release were Snake and Sonic. So other than the third-party characters, I think all of the characters we know of are probably on the starting roster.

Damn, I just went through the archive and you're right. It's been too long since Brawl.

Axass

updateessssss

Lucy in the sky with a badass falchion
BskbL7aCcAA2TMf.png

Robin reads a book
BskbRWNCUAEyH2-.png

Douglas J Falcon teaches you the art of manly handshaking at high velocity
BskbWq1CMAAMGtB.png

Amazing work, can't wait to see it completed.

As much as I love the discussion about buttocks,

ENTIRE ROSTER TO BE REVEALED NEXT MONTH BY COROCORO

nfFBmjD.png

Source: http://corocoro.tv/next/

From GameFAQs:
KingofAwesome69 said:
Guys, this stupid magazine promised the same thing with Brawl in its December 2007 issue (after the game had been delayed). It ended up just showing all characters currently on the website.

It claiming "all characters will be revealed" is just a crappy stunt to generate attention for itself. If you're worried about spoilers, don't be, because they won't come from here.

I'm inclined to believe the guy, makes no sense that they can show everything that is in the game one month before launch. Can anybody confirm the Brawl tidbit?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
The Fire Emblem wiki states the Falchion is technically a medieval long sword, so I guess I was wrong there.

justchris

ganon has a bit of a weird thing with me and my friends while we would like to see a different moveset for him .... my friends and i really fell in love with his death boot down air* super satisfying* and his death choke. I really hope if his moveset does get changed he at least keeps those lol

Yeah, at this point it's just sort of become a thing. I don't think they can completely revamp Ganondorf's moveset now, unless they give it to someone else. Black Shadow would be optimal, but we all know that's not going to happen, so I'll be happy with a reworking of Ganondorf on the level of Smash 4 Bowser. Smash 4 Bowser looks sooooo good.

I take it you've missed the canonical F-Zero/Zelda connections.

Apparently?

rekameohs

Banned
Amazing work, can't wait to see it completed.

Guys, this stupid magazine promised the same thing with Brawl in its December 2007 issue (after the game had been delayed). It ended up just showing all characters currently on the website.

From GameFAQs:

I'm inclined to believe the guy, makes no sense that they can show everything that is in the game one month before launch. Can anybody confirm the Brawl tidbit?
This same mag revealed the Mario Kart 8 roster earlier this year.

Yeah, at this point it's just sort of become a thing. I don't think they can completely revamp Ganondorf's moveset now, unless they give it to someone else. Black Shadow would be optimal, but we all know that's not going to happen, so I'll be happy with a reworking of Ganondorf on the level of Smash 4 Bowser. Smash 4 Bowser looks sooooo good.

Or how about on the level of Pit? Give him some new moves but he is still mostly the same character.

Apparently?

actually i would be pretty happy with a bowser like revamp for ganon since i do agree bowser looks sweet in this game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom