• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Is it odd that I'm disappointed in the number of crate varieties? I liked having diff. options in Brawl, but I hoped Smash 4 would bring a different style for every stage.

Also - odds on the Direct bringing a full title change? Super Smash Bros for WiiU & 3DS has always souned super-placehodler to me.

Tyeforce

zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Pic of the day, and a very important announcement.

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.
You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).
Anyone else notice what's wrong with this image? lol

It's not supposed to be possible for there to be more than one style of crate on any stage; the style of crate is supposed to match the setting of the stage.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can we discuss how come there's three kinds of boxes on one stage? Maybe I played Brawl with items off too many times, but I swear the boxes are supposed to be specific to what stage you're on, not a variety grab-bag like shown here.

SuperSah

Banned

It's not supposed to be possible for there to be more than one style of crate on any stage; the style of crate is supposed to match the setting of the stage.

He obviously placed them there to be shown off.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.

MERRY DIRECTMAS, THERES TOOO MUCH HYYYPEEEE

Sakurai can easily override any of the game's systems for a Pic of the Day. He probably just added a different box from each different stage type.

Bagu

[Pic of the day, and a very important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait. You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com)

Gaben confirmed!

Darryl

Banned
Can we discuss how come there's three kinds of boxes on one stage? Maybe I played Brawl with items off too many times, but I swear the boxes are supposed to be specific to what stage you're on, not a variety grab-bag like shown here.

i don't think it needs to be read into that far. this just looks like a "btw here's this garbage you're gonna see a lot of it tomorrow" pic

Tomohawk

anyone bummed that they didnt do something with time shift stones for the skyward sword stage. just flying over a skyloft model ripped straight from the wii is just bleh.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Three Boxes = Three Characters.

And it's Pikachu on top of them, so...

New Pokemon Trainer tommorow?

That's not quite true. Tamagotchi and Digimon are completely different. That's like saying Zelda comes from Mario.

Besides, Tamagotchi was first released on November 13th 1996, which is 9 months after Pokémon.

Digimon was originally a digital toy pet in that style though

zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Oh cool, thought futuristic box was companion cube for a second there

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's not quite true. Tamagotchi and Digimon are completely different. That's like saying Zelda comes from Mario.

Besides, Tamagotchi was first released on November 13th 1996, which is 9 months after Pokémon.

Erm what.

Bandai made Digimon as the boy's version of Tamagotchi. The toys were pretty much Tamagotchi but with branching evolutions rather than simply growing your pet. It's a "spin-off" in a sense, but wasn't a spin-off in its roots.

And yeah, but it just shows how the focus of the two franchises are different. It's just that people only see anime on Digimon.

Rolling crate is bunches of fun.

Top Bottom