• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Toxi

Banned
hmm.... Mimics? :p
That's some spicy curry.

Mimic.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jesus, I so don't remember the presents--and I've played Brawl for hundreds of hours. Do they appear just as often as the boxes?

And what about the boxes on wheels???
They are just skinned boxes. They just appear on certain levels like the Yoshi's Island one. Guess you've been only playing on select stages.

Makai

Snake would be the worst reveal of all time at this point.
No.

Captain Falcon: "Fans expressed concern over the power of his forward aerial attack in Brawl, so it is returning to its former glory! Yes, his forward aerial attack will now resemble the version found in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 64."

JoeM86

Erm what.

Bandai made Digimon as the boy's version of Tamagotchi. The toys were pretty much Tamagotchi but with branching evolutions rather than simply growing your pet. It's a "spin-off" in a sense, but wasn't a spin-off in its roots.

And yeah, but it just shows how the focus of the two franchises are different. It's just that people only see anime on Digimon

Perhaps, but still...Pokémon predates Tamagotchi too so the argument is moot

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sakurai really wants us to see the direct.

GamerSoul

Oh hey sakurai made another comment.

[For North America]
4/8 3 PM PT!!
We'll be airing Super Smash Bros. Direct!!
There will be tons of new info in this one, so don't miss it!
Click on the link below for the stream.

lol Sakurai is like I can't stress the importance of this Direct enough!!

Oh hey sakurai made another comment.

[For North America]
4/8 3 PM PT!!
We'll be airing Super Smash Bros. Direct!!
There will be tons of new info in this one, so don't miss it!
Click on the link below for the stream.

3rd post:
[For Europe]
*copies the same text with different time zones*

Wheeled Crate - Obviously a veteran. The iconic crate design has been a part of Smash forever, it is a sign of legacy and history. Whatever is inside has been with Smash as long as Smash has been Smash. Cross comparing our current roster, and the original Smash 64 crew leaves us with Captain Falcon, Jiggypuff, Yoshi, and Ness. Captain Falcon is above all, a hovercar pilot. Which means he hates wheels. So he's not it. Conversely, both Jiggypuff and Yoshi have been known to enter ball-like forms and ROLL around. Roll. Like a rolling box. Finally, considering Jiggly's eternal status as an troll character revealed at the last minute to piss off tryhards - we can arrive at the conclusion that Yoshi will be the first Veteran shown off. He won't have a full trailer, and might just be a footnote in a longer-form trailer at the tail end of the Direct.

Future Crate - Plenty of ways to interpret this one. The crate is made of metal - is ROB back? The crate first appeared in Brawl - is MetaKnight returning? The crate lights up - does Issac from Golden Sun (an astral illuminating body) stand to upgrade from Trophy to Newcomer? These are all fools guesses, propelled by desperation. The box is in the middle. Middle. Middle. Metroid. BANG. Now, the box is of moderate size - Pikachu could clearly perch on top. So Ridley could never possibly be inside. Having a black man on the inside (such as Higgs) would draw too many comparisons to the Slave trade. He's out. But Metroid does have one metalic, light-up character ready to rumble. It's clear as day. Sylux is about to charge into battle.

Hat Box - A very feminine box, for a very feminine newcomer. Both Palutena and Bayonetta are fan favorites, AND possess vaginas. That grants them INSTANT frontrunner status. Prominent transexuals Birdo and Mii may be elligible as well. But spring is a time for suprises. Surprises LIKE a present. Which come out of BOXES. HAT BOXES. Genderbent Big Top hats into battle!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope I can stay awake at 11pm. I have just switched to a different timezone so my internal clock may still be whacked.

Tehalemi

zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Pic of the day, and a very important announcement.

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.
You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

rgaVCho.gif

Wario and Waluigi's reaction. xD

3 boxes?

Half-Life 3 confirmed

R3KwCWT.gif

lol

MisterHero

what if it's Pokemon Trainer and you have to pick one of three starters and you're stuck with it unless you delete the save file

Top Bottom