• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah, but which one works in Smash?

003.png
154.png
254.png
389.png
497.png
652.png

Any of them could easily work for smash. If anyone cared about grass starters.

Makai

I think Toon Link's a bit different though because he has a totally different body type, the customization wouldn't account for that like it would fox/falco. But, again, I'm not competitive so I don't claim to be an expert on this.

For me personally, assuming the customization is really well done and balanced, I'd be cool with falco as a costume or something. Makes no difference to me as long as the gameplay options are still in tact.
Falco plays so differently from Fox that this would be unacceptable (especially Melee Falco/Fox)

I'm going to miss the cheezy story mode cutscenes in this game. :(

Damn, the potential for those cutscenes from the character reveal trailers... why Sakurai why

TreIII

I'm happy the Kremlings are not forgotten

You and me both. It's nice to see that at least Sakurai remembers them, even if Retro apparently would like nothing to do with them. And the Kritter designs themselves seem almost verbatim from their last appearance in Mario Super Sluggers.

K. Rool or Kludge (re: Barrel Blast). I'd be happy if either of them make an appearance again. At least both were Trophies in Brawl...

Riposte

The more likely a Pokemon is to participate in furry sex, the more likely they will be a fan favorite and appear in SSB. I hope the next grass starter is very humanoid for its sake.

Yagami_Sama

....Raiden as in MGS Raiden? Why would he fit better than Snake? The fact that he uses a sword?

I really don't like Snake, I never understood why they included him, like Sonic, both are chars that are never played with.
Raiden for Metal Gear Rising, just pleases me more than Snake also.

Talking about the ND, I like Lyn as assist trophy and all the other shown.

And dat Zero Suit Samus it is gorgeous looking, I demand a new figure based on her.

Next thread must be called
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: For fun and for glory

I wonder if Ness's Up B will be changed since all the 'difficult/confusing' Up B moves are being changed. Tethers gone, Sheik's teleport gone, pit's flying gone. Maybe it'll just launch you midair, but if it's on ground it'll still do the same pk thunder.

Tethers being gone has not been confirmed and Sheik still teleports.

Kinda disappointed with Rosalina's Final Smash, I was hoping see'd just fly her Observatory straight through the level. :p But a Star is cool. Also looks like the Villager won't be customizable, that makes me sad. Sonic needs a new final smash as well, I hated the way Super Sonic controlled.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really don't like Snake, I never understood why they included him, like Sonic, both are chars that are never played with.

And dat Zero Suit Samus it is gorgeous looking, I demand a new figure based on her.

How could you not understand marketing? It isnt a giant mystery.

Voliko

Just so people know, For Glory mode doesn't look to be stock-based. There were no stocks shown and they explicitly said you could set stocks during friend play, which makes it sound like it isn't available for matchmaking.

I think the online features sound terrible. It's hardly better than Brawl and in some ways a step back. When compared to popular online games, it lacks basic stuff like playlists, lobbies, and stage select. It might not even have team battle, but I'll wait and see on that one.
If this is how it's going to be when they ship the game, people better bitch about it on Miiverse. I'm sure Nintendo would patch it given enough outcry. I hope.

Narroo

Can we all agree that Megaman's final smash is the best final smash?

Pit's was pretty cool. Plus, while the shoutout to other other series is neat, it wasn't really that photogenic.

I kinda wish Trigger was playable. For his final smash he'd equip the shining laser and 1HKO everything.

zroid

Banned
Kinda disappointed with Rosalina's Final Smash, I was hoping see'd just fly her Observatory straight through the level. :p But a Star is cool. Also looks like the Villager won't be customizable, that makes me sad. Sonic needs a new final smash as well, I hated the way Super Sonic controlled.

Yea it's a little bland.

Snake, never played with?
lol

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Holy shit... That's very interesting. I hope it's directional air-dodging.

I... might be imagining it, though. Cause the whole stage kinda moves left in the camera frame at the same time. It's really hard to keep track of whether Mario's moving left, or the right side of the frame is just expanding.

I hope Ness gets an overhaul in general, I wonder if that's why he and C.Falcon haven't been announced yet, seeing as Sakurai said that's why Yoshi wasn't announced yet. And I'm REALLY wondering whether Jigglypuff is going to get cut. If any of the 12 original veterans are to be cut, it's going to be Jiggly.

I'd actually be okay with Jiggly being cut.

Neiteio

I'm a little confused by ZSS's jet-boots. They show her doing a recovery move where her jet propulsion helps get her to the stage... but she flies toward the stage feet first. Hmm.

I love her redesign, though. Making her hair a deep shade of gold, adding a glossy shine, and making the suit equal parts light and dark blue makes everything much more interesting. I wasn't sure about the glowing accents on her boots at first, but they're growing on me.

She looks like she hits so hard now. I'm really digging that. And she is important to Metroid -- she encapsulates the fact Samus is a woman under all that armor, and she showcases how capable Samus is in close combat, and how athletic she can be.

For those of you who mentioned series icons - only series that have either a playable character or a stage (or both) got an icon for their series. Animal Crossing and Hanenbow had their own series icons as well in Brawl, although there was no character based on them.
That's why Saki didn't get an icon, but the Nintendog and the rocket belt item got em - they're from a series that is featuring a stage.

NeonZ

I mean, if we get her back, that's Pikachu, Jiggly, Dog guy...Charizard, Frog-Ninja. Anyone I'm forgetting? Add in hypothetical grass starter and we get 6 Pokemon characters.

Brawl had 6 Pokemon characters though. Sakurai always counted the transformations with unique movesets as separate characters.

I... might be imagining it, though. Cause the whole stage kinda moves left in the camera frame at the same time. It's really hard to keep track of whether Mario's moving left, or the right side of the frame is just expanding.

No dude, look. He dodges far from the edge, then jumps up from directly underneath it after the dodge ends.

Top Bottom